Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ani_meher

7135 Blues

My 7135 was working perfectly till sunday. Sunday afternoon, when I was in a call, it was suddenly cut down. In evening, I checked that though the network was there, I could neither receive nor make calls. i checked the Service programming setup, there all the fields were blank :clap: I remembered the Directory number n Phone number, but I didn't remeber the Home SID.

I called up Ashok, n entered the SID as 14655, but still no avail. Next day, I went to Kyocera Vaashi Service center (it is now shifted from worli). He couldn't go the th eprogramming menu itself, I showed him how to. He told me that the MIN (mobile identification number) should be there. He took my ESN etc. He got the MIN number today, and he told me to insert it in the place of directory number and telephone number in SPC mode. I did it. Now the phone can make only 2-3 outgoing calls, before it returns to the same problem. Sometimes it refuses to start up even after reset, sometimes it hangs while saving the SPC settings.

I guess it is because of instability of phone software. What do the experts think? Also, can someone pls guide me in the updation of phone firmware?

EDIT: Ok now it seems working. But still. I am not sure about it's stability. I still need to upgrade the software I think.

EDIT2: The phone is suddenly hanging, ie stops making/receiving calls on after any random incoming/outgoing call. Pls, I need that upgrade ASAP.

Edited by ani_meher

Check this out !

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=5722&hl=#

Do u have the contact number for the Kyo service centre ?

Cheers

Ashok

Edited by ashoksoft

My 7135 was working perfectly till sunday. Sunday afternoon, when I was in a call, it was suddenly cut down. In evening, I checked that though the network was there, I could neither receive nor make calls. i checked the Service programming setup, there all the fields were blank :clap: I remembered the Directory number n Phone number, but I didn't remeber the Home SID.

What softwares do you have installed ....... did you by any chance recieve a call while syncing your phone with your computer & removed the phone from the sync cradle .... Did you try to move a Mp3 song to the phone memory by using a file manager ..... Did you try to over clock your KYO .... Did you ever feel that your sms's were getting delayed and that all of a sudden u recieved all of them. ????????????

Edited by Chirag

while hot sync it is advisable to keep phone off. Its just some orruption of ROM / EEPROM. Try hard reset and then if needed reflash. Now that you have MIN number you can do reflashng your self. Solution here

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...108entry54108

What softwares do you have installed ....... did you by any chance recieve a call while syncing your phone with your computer & removed the phone from the sync cradle .... Did you try to move a Mp3 song to the phone memory by using a file manager ..... Did you try to over clock your KYO .... Did you ever feel that your sms's were getting delayed and that all of a sudden u recieved all of them. ????????????

Lots of softwares were installed, but none were conflicting with the phone. However, I suspect some hacks were tricky.

Yes, I received a call while syncing the phone, n I did remove the phone from sync cradle, but I don't think it showed me any error of any sorts, both on phone as well as pc.

I transferred the mp3 to the phone by using a external card reader, by moving the files in /Audio folder. I just can't stand the slow transfer of the Downloader.

I tried overclocking the KYO. It was running on 39MHz for few hrs. But after listening mp3 for 1 hr, I felt the phone was getting bit hot, so I disabled any overclocking.

For SMS, I don't receive much SMSes. And the few I do receive, I didn't have any problem.

One more thing, when I tried to upgrade the phone software, it doesn't accept the SPC code as 000000 as well as 111111.

What to do?

@ani_meher catch me / kshah / arun online... cannot actually post the software to read the SPC, as it can be against forum guidelines.

Cheers

Ashok

I got it from... a very helpful member. Thanks. I'll try it tonight.

Now one more problem is arising. The phone isn't willing to go to Service Programming mode. When I go to 111111->Options->Programming, n enter the password 111111, it just shows 'reading parameters' n nothing else. It just hangs there, n needs a soft reset.

In phone prefs, when we change the default Dir number by our number, we get two options from the service menu in Phone prefs, one is our number, n one is the default number. When I lost the MIN, it was not showing any number. Now I got the phone running, after inserting the MIN (provided by kyocera, which was strangely different from the original one, it is not 000000****, it is 14 something.) Then I again changed the Dir number to my number. It showed up in the service menu in Phone Prefs, and in the drop down menu, one number was mine, and the other option is just "phone line 2".

Today morning, it is again showing "phone line 1" n "phone line 2". My number is gone from list! The phone is still on network though. What is this happening? Is it some kinda virus of what?

I will try updating the phone software tonight.

use pst rather than service programming interface. If you know your SPC and MIN, still want PST configuration file, let me know.

I successfully updated my firmware. Thanks to the wonderful support from RIMWEB, Ashoksoft, Iceman, and , and most importantly, Kshah. Thanks guys. The phone is stable now.

Damn it. My phone is just refusing to start, even after a hard reset. I don't know what's the problem, there are no hacks working, the pda side is working perfectly, still, the phone is not getting started at all. Any help???

eidt: Hey, when I check the software versions, it shows correct version of PDA software , but in Phone software, it shows No Info, and similar to PRL. Why??? I have not done anything in 111111 menu for long time now. Can I install the phone software even when the phone is switched off,as the 111111 menu will not come if the phone is not on. Pls help guys.

Edited by ani_meher

um ani_meher, this is a common problem with Kyocera 7135. No, you cannot install the software when it cannot enter the programming menu. Does the phone show a message like: "Service Required. Contact Provider" or does it shows only: "Phone is OFF" ? Anyway, you will have to visit the Kyocera ASC :grin: I hope they would accept the 1 year warranty with the handset.

um ani_meher, this is a common problem with Kyocera 7135. No, you cannot install the software when it cannot enter the programming menu. Does the phone show a message like: "Service Required. Contact Provider" or does it shows only: "Phone is OFF" ? Anyway, you will have to visit the Kyocera ASC :( I hope they would accept the 1 year warranty with the handset.

The phone shows only "Phone is OFF". And there is no warranty on the handset :(:( . I have read that the SRCP message is quite dengerous, leading to death of phone, but it is not the case with my cell.

Can anything be done? :grin::help::help:

Actually, even though you are doing a hard reset, it doesn't really get hard reset as you may have noticed that the "Routine maintanence is progressing" message doesn't come after it is switched on. If you keep the phone switched off (I mean by removing the battery and relpacing it after some hours), it will get hard reset and the phone mode will work for some time (maybe a few minutes or a couple of hours). During this time, you can access the programming menu, but there could be a chance that your phone will end up with the SRCP message if you do the upgrade during this time. "Phone is OFF" message is a symptom for the "SRCP" syndrome ! Try your luck at the Kyocera ASC and see what they can do :grin:

Actually, even though you are doing a hard reset, it doesn't really get hard reset as you may have noticed that the "Routine maintanence is progressing" message doesn't come after it is switched on. If you keep the phone switched off (I mean by removing the battery and relpacing it after some hours), it will get hard reset and the phone mode will work for some time (maybe a few minutes or a couple of hours). During this time, you can access the programming menu, but there could be a chance that your phone will end up with the SRCP message if you do the upgrade during this time. "Phone is OFF" message is a symptom for the "SRCP" syndrome ! Try your luck at the Kyocera ASC and see what they can do :grin:

The Kyocera ASC in Mumbai knows nothing. I showed them how to go the service programming menu. I'll try what u said. i'll remove the battery now, and will try to upgrade after 7-8 hrs.

@all: Pls pray that this expt will come out good.

I kept the battery out of phone for a while, but no use. After searching the net, I just did the real hard reset, ie not just usual hard reset, but also removing the battery and pressing the hard reset and light key for some time, and reset button and switch off button for some time. I again inserted the battery, and switched on the phone. The data was obviously gone, but there was a "routine maintainance in progress" message, and the phone switched on! Even the software list is showing correct software versions!

I just pray that this may be the only problem.

If the "Routine maintenance" message came, then the phone mode should work for some time. If it keeps on working then you are really lucky, but chances are it will switch OFF again later. What did the ASC say ? Did they say its not at all replaceable under the limited warranty ?

On Saturday, the phone battery was very weak, ie discharging very quickly. Also the phone would not come ON unless the battery is kept aside for 1 hr+the hard reset button pressed+the backlight button is pressed. I quickly transferred my number from the 7135 on good old 6130, and luckily so. Because from yesterday, my handset is not at all going in the phone menu. the phone is not getting on, no matter what. I tried all possible combinaiton of resets, but the "Routine maintenance" messege won't just come up.

What to do? Should I trust the kyocera guys and give it to repair, or should I just continue the use of PDA, till the day that also suddenly stops working? I am really sad that my beloved 7135 should be in this phase, and that too with absolutely NO physical accidents. For the ones thinking of buying of 7135, go ahead on YOUR OWN risk,as luck may fail.

Edited by ani_meher

Even though the "Routine maintenance" message would come when replacing the battery after several hours, it won't help as the phone mode would work only for a very short time. I still suggest you to take the phone to Kyo ASC and hear what they say. Anyway, if you just need to use it as a PDA, its still not a bad deal at 8K as there isn't any complaints for the PDA mode atleast, on the net.

any updates on ur situation? any solution came out?

On Saturday, the phone battery was very weak, ie discharging very quickly. Also the phone would not come ON unless the battery is kept aside for 1 hr+the hard reset button pressed+the backlight button is pressed. I quickly transferred my number from the 7135 on good old 6130, and luckily so. Because from yesterday, my handset is not at all going in the phone menu. the phone is not getting on, no matter what. I tried all possible combinaiton of resets, but the "Routine maintenance" messege won't just come up.

What to do? Should I trust the kyocera guys and give it to repair, or should I just continue the use of PDA, till the day that also suddenly stops working? I am really sad that my beloved 7135 should be in this phase, and that too with absolutely NO physical accidents. For the ones thinking of buying of 7135, go ahead on YOUR OWN risk,as luck may fail.

It surely appears to be battery problem. Either it is not able to provide enough current to phone or calibration of battery is currupted. If you have access to some ones battery try swaping and see. Also see if it works well with charger connected. Because these handests are old, chances of battery damage are more. LiON battery has shorter life than NiCd or NiMH. Only advantage is they have minimum memory effect.

Hey Guys...did anyone of you get success in sending full 180 character SMS to other RIMs? I tried several times and no doubt they are duly sent, but are never received at the other end...

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by basant_jp

The 7135 is still lying lifeless with me. I haven't got much time in past days to take it to the KYO SC. I'll take it there maybe tomorrow, and see what they have to say. I'll keep you updated on this front.