Rang De Basanti.........

How do u rate this movie ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rang De Basanti was...

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Average
    • Boring

So we have the new war going on in this forum now..

Enjoy ! :clap:

Close it mods...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Close it mods...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No need to close it The king.. and mods please have a word with me if at all u guys think of closing it ..

Chodo yaar!

Its not necessary that we have consensus on such things but at the same time Its not necessary to fight either over such things!

Have fun!

Hello Ani,

I really like your idea...." I don't think watching or liking any movie makes you an Indian either."

Nobody is asking you to feel Indian just by watching a movie.... no real movie maker makes a movie just to make somebody feel patriotic .... they try to affect one's conscience. Any real artist doesn't create a work of art just to make oneself feel proud about one's country, but to bring out one's emotions from the deepest crevices of one's mind.

You tell me, the movies like "Independence day", "Pulp Fiction", "Lord of the Rings" are considered to be a cult movie,,,each belonging to one's genre...can you please specify what inspiration that you gain from them? Still they are considered as cult movies. To someone. they does not mean a thing... but to someone else they mean life... they mean inspirations...they give them something that they donot have but always aspire to have.

Similarly ani, I would suggest you to glance deeper into the movie... do not look into the happenings taking part in the movie. They might mean nothig to you, or you might find no "real life " relevance .. But if you look into the ideology of the director, actors..try to find out what they are trying to tell about the movie. Try to feel the spirit of the characters, and you will know how much romantic the movie is. How it brings the real amd the imaginary, the physical and the meta-physical are merged on a particular platform creating something fabolous.... That is what that makes this movie so special, so extra ordinary.

Leave the superficial...get into the flesh of the movie...and you will feel something that you have never felt before. Welcome to the world of " Rang De Basanti"....

Bored now guys....lets rock over again !!...time to close this i guess...

Bored now guys....lets rock over again !!...time to close this i guess...

Theking sorry to tell u but.. u can stop coming to this thread if ur bored..

And please do not suggest it to close it again.......

Thanks.. :clap:

Oye yaar dil pe mat le tusi...

and yeah...dont be sorry for what ever u say !!!...else pls dont say that :clap:

rest is the common opinion !

and yeah...dont be sorry for what ever u say !!!...else pls dont say that :clap:

I said sorry cause i dont want start One more war here between both of us ....LOL :multi:

rest is the common opinion !

What do u mean by common opinion ?????

Lets have a voting here. .and c how many of us wants it to cont...

And how many of us wants to close it ..

based on that we will decide ..... :)

Please care to give ur vote for

a ) Topic should be closed

b ) topic should not be closed

war? i guess this was civilized !

if u can take a war up for not closing this topic, i would beg to request that this topic shall not be ever closed...all for u man..

Chill, i just read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu yesterday !

war? i guess this was civilized !

if u can take a war up for not closing this topic, i would beg to request that this topic shall not be ever closed...all for u man..

Chill, i just read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu yesterday !

Thanks Buddy .. Keep Posting and Enjoy Rang De Basanti..

Apni to Pathshallaa.. :clap:

and i really agree with lostjournal on what he's got to say abt the movie.

I dont get to write so much more often here, and i miss it... but there's lots to say abt.

Ani, there was a movie which came last year and went away without being noticed... It was called "Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose". Absolutely patriotic. But most of us never went for it.

RDB goes ahead to appeal to the youth, to what they percieve of things. The youth population in this country is by far large and hence this movie targets them and tries to awaken them to things around them. And as lostjournal explains, its perfectly what it is meant to do!! Look beyond the characters and the love life!

ppl in Mumbai can subscribe to www.karmayog.org and how Citizen Action Groups are being formed to work in cohesion with the Authorities and how things can be improved around yourself. and i've subscribed to BharatUday Mission's Newsletters over YahooGroups. They are doing some interesting work as well. Hope its not a political backing! But their Unison and work is impressive. Various chapters all across India are formed and ppl can work at city/town level or national level to make that difference which they want!

and i really agree with lostjournal on what he's got to say abt the movie.

I dont get to write so much more often here, and i miss it... but there's lots to say abt.

Ani, there was a movie which came last year and went away without being noticed... It was called "Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose". Absolutely patriotic. But most of us never went for it.

RDB goes ahead to appeal to the youth, to what they percieve of things. The youth population in this country is by far large and hence this movie targets them and tries to awaken them to things around them. And as lostjournal explains, its perfectly what it is meant to do!! Look beyond the characters and the love life!

ppl in Mumbai can subscribe to www.karmayog.org and how Citizen Action Groups are being formed to work in cohesion with the Authorities and how things can be improved around yourself. and i've subscribed to BharatUday Mission's Newsletters over YahooGroups. They are doing some interesting work as well. Hope its not a political backing! But their Unison and work is impressive. Various chapters all across India are formed and ppl can work at city/town level or national level to make that difference which they want!

thanks chirag..

i am not here to fight..nor i am imposing my thougths on anyone..

thats my view..thats what i felt..

Hey Chirag,

Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was a good movie. But such movies dont make profit and hence are doomed to be flops. So was Mangal Pandey. But Mangal Pandey is a different case, it was really boring. People of India are brought up on MASALA FLICKS. Remember, India is rich in spices. : lol : Rang De Basanti also was spicy. Hence, it attracted people to watch it and indirectly feed them some camoflauged Patriotism :clap:

Hey I am last to post my views. This movie doesn't inspire at all. It is misguiding youth by projecting new generation kids as today's Bhagat Sing/Aazad.

Film maker could have show DJ and party fighting against corruption which was the root cause of an accident. Defence Minister was shown corrupt and therefore they decided to kill him.... just because they could not do anything on the issue. They didn't try anything. This is definitely not a solution. If you cannot cut the root of a tree(corruption), cutting branches is not a solution, according to me.

If we accept DJ & Party, we must also accept Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussain. Even they believe in Jihad for better society and justis. DJ & Party faught because of loss of a friend. Their life had no goals and they were just living for the sack of living. Friend's death gave them a direction which was a misdirection......

Chandrashekhar Azaad and Bhagat Sing were great people and they had definite goals. They were living for the freedom of country and were ready to die for country. They had no personal animity with anyone. Hence director has misguided people by constantly comparing DJ & Party with Bhagat Sing and Party. This comparision doesn't justify.

In short, it was a movie, made with a goal to earn money. It was not made to inspire anyone. And as far as I know, no son in India has killed his corrupt father or politician after watching this movie. So the movie did not inspired anyone. :-)

And if you still believe that the movie was great and really inspired you, you must acknowledge that there is one OSAMA inside you who has a lot of Anger. If you cannot change the society or system, you need not become OSAMA/SADDAM. Please dont compare DJ with Aazad or Bhagat. He can only be compared with OSAMA.

In summery, it was a TP for all who watch movie and dont apply mind. And it was a MAHA BOARING movie for rest.

and what is Dhirens favorite movie?

Edited by tanveer

Hey I am last to post my views. This movie doesn't inspire at all. It is misguiding youth by projecting new generation kids as today's Bhagat Sing/Aazad.

Film maker could have show DJ and party fighting against corruption which was the root cause of an accident. Defence Minister was shown corrupt and therefore they decided to kill him.... just because they could not do anything on the issue. They didn't try anything. This is definitely not a solution. If you cannot cut the root of a tree(corruption), cutting branches is not a solution, according to me.

If we accept DJ & Party, we must also accept Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussain. Even they believe in Jihad for better society and justis. DJ & Party faught because of loss of a friend. Their life had no goals and they were just living for the sack of living. Friend's death gave them a direction which was a misdirection......

Chandrashekhar Azaad and Bhagat Sing were great people and they had definite goals. They were living for the freedom of country and were ready to die for country. They had no personal animity with anyone. Hence director has misguided people by constantly comparing DJ & Party with Bhagat Sing and Party. This comparision doesn't justify.

In short, it was a movie, made with a goal to earn money. It was not made to inspire anyone. And as far as I know, no son in India has killed his corrupt father or politician after watching this movie. So the movie did not inspired anyone. :-)

And if you still believe that the movie was great and really inspired you, you must acknowledge that there is one OSAMA inside you who has a lot of Anger. If you cannot change the society or system, you need not become OSAMA/SADDAM. Please dont compare DJ with Aazad or Bhagat. He can only be compared with OSAMA.

In summery, it was a TP for all who watch movie and dont apply mind. And it was a MAHA BOARING movie for rest.

dhiren should join some newspaper..

he will be a good reporter..and yes..do tell us which movie you liked

in recent times?

Let me clear u one point my dear friend Dhirens...

OSAMA and SADDAM are Fighting for Religion .......

Aazad or Bhagat was fighting for country..........

And in the RDB, DJ and his group was not fighting for Religion.. But for Country...... !

In short Dont compare DJ with Osama as well.. If u dont like to compare them Aazad or Bhagat

Please check out the Polls on the top of this page .

Dhirenbhai,

Its how u take the message home...If u stop criticizing and relate it to urself, u will feel the difference, else, u will be tangled up criticizing

Message:- We need to make a difference in our environment and its upto us how v choose to do that...

"Dont Follow Your Shadow, Lead It !!"

Dhirenbhai,

Its how u take the message home...If u stop criticizing and relate it to urself, u will feel the difference, else, u will be tangled up criticizing

Message:- We need to make a difference in our environment and its upto us how v choose to do that...

Theking its good to see u here back :clap:

Heh,

After reading SunTzu now fickle mind start burping that, its SunTzu himself and his findings.

:clap:

SNIP***

Any real artist doesn't create a work of art just to make oneself feel proud about one's country, but to bring out one's emotions from the deepest crevices of one's mind.

SNIP***

Hi,

What is MIND, and yes I also read some bookish definition about it.

But since you are talking about deepest crevices of mind so you must be knowing

about it more naturally and more extensively.

And as far as RDB goes, lead artist of it are super duper stupids.

They couldn't be honest with their own life and partner let alone art and civics.

Yes RDB is nothing more then wasting three hours completly, it would be far better

to volunteer anything that could bring real smile on the face of the kid who works on

that tea stall, instead of watching and then blahing about such a funky piece of nothing.

And worst, feeling inspired for doing good about country after seeing movies like RDB.

Its just a bubble which goes away, as fast as inspiration of fickle mind.

IQBAL

Yesterday I watched IQBAL, and I found it far more better then RDB.

Not because of cricket but theme of it.

Edited by dacodecz

Can anyone pls tell some inspiration or motivation you got from the movie? Because I just can't think of any. It's quite strange and curious to see a masala movie with petriotims twist, is stated as inspiring, satisfying and what not. Till the interval, the movie goes nowhere, and after the interval, the movie goes on a typical masala path, with hardly any unexpected turns. The most unexpected turns I found in movie were when the army/Rapid Action Force attacks activists preaching with peace, and then lastly the boys who all nation knows as school children. How the power of media and even people's organization is showed to be totally denied.

But I agree, that liking or disliking any movie depends how you can connect or relate yourself to the plot.

For the records, my most favourite movie is Swades, the movie that actually made me think for many days.

and what is Dhirens favorite movie?

Dear Tanveer,

I like class & comedy movies. I liked Bhagat Sing (Ajay Devgan) which was a good movie. That movie inspired me a lot. Recently Swades was a good movie which also inspires in some way. Though it was not a great movie, it inspired me. Instead of complainting, we should work for betterment was the idea behind the film.

Basically I watch movies for entertainment. Some movies touches your heart. Parinita was alos a good movie. I like SHALIMAR in old movies.