Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

Hack LG LSP 350R With Bitpim

OK Guys!

Yesterday I replaced my LG LSP 340E with LG LSP 350R in 800/- Exchange offer.

And believe me guys, Its a gr8 and very nice phone.

It also hv R-World so one thought came in my mind that there should be a workaround to upload ringtones :blink:

So I attached the phone to comp and follow the same process to detect it using bitpim, as I mentioned in the following topic:

Success! LG LSP340E & Bitpim, Access the File System

1. First open LGKDP to detect FWP.

2. Now close it and open uniCDMA and click on HF->DM button.

3. Now close uniCDMA and open bitpim, select any phone type, now expand file system.

Now u can successfully browse through file system.

Following is a screenshot of the filesystem:

lglsp350r6rk.jpg

As u can see I hv uploaded all the ringtones in / -> User -> Sound -> Ringer directory. Its the directory, where all R-world d/l ed ringtones r saved! It has 52 KB space to save ringtones. So u can save many ringtones in it. I hv uploaded 21 MIDI ringtones w/o ne problem. ;)

This set only supports MIDI ringtones, as I hv checked by u/l ing DAT, MP3 and Wav files but the phone didnt play them. :angry:

So ENJOY!!!

Yes, I know.

It has shared memory for ringtones, so that we could keep on adding new ones until memory is full. I too have 18 ringtones on it.

It seems the latest brew based models have this "shared memory" advantage...while the older ones had limited number of downloadable ringtones (say 3 or 5 in LG's and 12 in samsung A563).

And another method of making bitpim read the file system in LSP 350 is as follows (provided you can lay your hands on a LG 6130 serial cable)

1. First install the FWP drivers with its normal data cable so that you u are able to use r-connect.

2. Now get a serial cable of LG 6130 model(IMPORTANT: it has to be a serial cable)

3. Connect fwp with the 6130 serial cable (refer point #2). And yes, the connector pins are compatible for both these models.

4. Open bitpim and select the correct port on which your fwp is connected.

5. Use bitpim, try with a few different LG models in bitpim's phone settings if not detecting in the first go.

You would definitely be successful without much effort.

Pl do give feedback if anyone is successful with my method.

Edited by amtrag

yippie... ;)

This set also supports qcp files...

I u/led one qcp file and it played the file w/o ne problem. So now we can also hv voice ringtones in the set... :blink:

I found one interesting thing!

Although the phone indicates that there is 52 KB space avilable for the ringtones but its not so, I u/l ed ringtones of 133 KB size and all were u/l ed successfully!

But after that when I tried to u/l nother ringtone even of size 1 KB only, bitpim denied to u/l and showed ERROR. So the space is 133 KB approx. and not 52 KB...

But I found 2 bugs also in this phone regarding to QCP ringtones!

Although the phone supports qcp ringtones but the volume of the QCP ringtones remain same irrespective of the volume level set in the phone, i.e., we can't increase/decrease the vloume of QCP ringtones in the phone!

The other thing is that when we set QCP files as ringtones, the ringtone is not repeated while incoming call, i.e., the phone plays the QCP ringtone only once and not continuously...

How to disable call connect & disconnect alerts in LG LSP 350 R.

HELP PLZ....

not possible, maybe you can try with LG Service centers and give us your feedback.

How to disable call connect & disconnect alerts in LG LSP 350 R.

HELP PLZ....

Dear abc,

why do you need to write all your posts in BIG, BOLD & COLORED text?

Writing in normal font would also ensure same level of response to your queries...everybody here is out to help each other and learn in the process...

OK Guys!

It also hv R-World so one thought came in my mind that there should be a workaround to upload ringtones :grin:

So I attached the phone to comp and follow the same process to detect it using bitpim, as I mentioned in the following topic:

Hi,

Pl advise the data cable which you are using? Is it 6130 serial cable or is it the one sold by Indicom?

Further using Bitpim, can one take a backup of phonebook? If not possible, pl advise any other sw's and their availability.

:grin::grin::help::help:

Thanks

:grin::lol::D:D

Dear khs123,

Refer my post #2 above for detailed alternative procedure where you don't need LGKDP & Unicdma. Just bitpim would do the trick...Otherwise, you could also follow vishal's method.

And yes, I used LG 6130 serial data cable (I don't know whether its the same sold by indicom).

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I am getting a 6130 serial cable shortly and will revert to you in case I run into any problems.

Thanks once again

OK Guys!

It also hv R-World so one thought came in my mind that there should be a workaround to upload ringtones :lol:

Success! LG LSP340E & Bitpim, Access the File System

3. Now close uniCDMA and open bitpim, select any phone type, now expand file system.

Following is a screenshot of the filesystem:

lglsp350r6rk.jpg

As u can see I hv uploaded all the ringtones in / -> User -> Sound -> Ringer directory. Its the directory, where all R-world d/l ed ringtones r saved! It has 52 KB space to save ringtones. So u can save many ringtones in it. I hv uploaded 21 MIDI ringtones w/o ne problem. :D

This set only supports MIDI ringtones, as I hv checked by u/l ing DAT, MP3 and Wav files but the phone didnt play them. :angry:

So ENJOY!!!

Hi,

I have got the serial cable now and I did as you have advised and my FWP 350R has been detected by BITPIM.

Now how to u/l the ringtones. I have the nokia midi ringtones about 20 to 30 of them on my computer.

What is the procedure to u/l the same?

I also note from your screenshot that you have some contemporary ringtones on your FWP. Can you please zip these and send them to me at kumarent@gmail.com?

Another thing - will the same serial cable work for 5340 and 6230 mobile phones also? What phone type to select?

Thanks a lot in Advance.

:clap::):);)

To u/l the ringtones in FWP, simply right-click on the blank area in bitpim and select "add ringtone" (or something like that) option. it'll open a box and tell the location of the ringtone files!

Alternatively, u can just drag-n-drop the files into bitpim window!

Regarding to the ringtones, I'll send them asap.

And don't know whether the cable will work for these 2 phones also or not?

Thanks a ton Vishal, I have done the same and u/l some midi ringtones. Eagerly waiting for your midi rt's

And yes the same data cable fits both 5340 and 6230 and we can use PCSync SW but in Bitpim, it does not recognise the mobiles at all. Any ideas? Further in PCSync, how to take a backup of the phonebook?What are the parameters to be set for syncing?

Thanks once again.

:clap::):clap::clap1::clap::multi::praise::praise:

I hv sent u all of my favorite MIDI files at ur gmail account!

And regarding to the PCSync s/w for 5340 and 6230, pls post in following thread as this thread is only for bitpim and LSP 350R. :clap:

Pcsync'ing Lg 5340

Thanksssssss a lot u rocks dude .............Hip hip hurray for vishal gupta

Can you please zip these and send them to me at NagpurDaMunda@gmail.com?

Thank you Vishal Gupta!

Data cables for TATA LG 350T, TATA LG 400TL, TATA Axesstel AXW-P800, Reliance LG 350R and Reliance LG 400 are same (at least for the serial port interface).

I have purchased a data cable (Serial Port) for TATA LG 350T. The cable is working fine without any problem with TATA 400TL, Reliance 350R. You can access file system and R-Connect using this cable.

Reliance WebWorld or LG Service Centre takes anything between Rs. 300/- and Rs. 1500/- for this data cable.

So, please purchase it from any Tata Shop and they will take just Rs. 249/- (This is MRP).

OK Guys!

It also hv R-World so one thought came in my mind that there should be a workaround to upload ringtones :)

Hi,

Pl advise the data cable which you are using? Is it 6130 serial cable or is it the one sold by Indicom?

Further using Bitpim, can one take a backup of phonebook? If not possible, pl advise any other sw's and their availability.

:help::help::help::help:

Thanks

:angry::angry::):)

:P:P

i know it about 7 months back

i baught a usb data cable from tata true value shoppe now i am using it for my reliance lg lsp 350r no problem yet

it costs only 149.00

these phones

LG LSP 350 T (TATA)

LG LSP 350 R (Reliance)

change is only is external appearence

software is customized according to respective company

no diffrence other than this

can anybody tell about how i can access the file system using bitpim (Relaince fwp LG LSP 350R) with usb data cable

currently i am using rconnect

please suggest how can i do it

i red the current topic in this forum

i cant understand much about from it

can someboy combine all together in a redable form

please give active links to download all the required softwares for tweaking

what is uniCDMA and LGKDP ??

currently i have bitpim-0.9.00

please help me

ajintraju

EDIT by Vishal Gupta: < Topic Merged >

Edited by Vishal Gupta

i hav only usb cable

serial cable costs around 250/- more

i will try it on usb cable

downloading completed no problum what so ever

thank you Vishal Gupta for making me the first downloader after the reposting links

Edited by Ajin

what is lgkdp........how my 350 is detected ...asi connect my phone with data cable it detect only modem ..plz advice me all process thanx in advance