Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhishek_eleo

Hacking LG RD5130 with Bitpim

Dear Rimweb Techie Members,

First of all I beg sorry for raising the same old topic again in this Forum, but after a long hour of search throughout this forum I had no other way to start afresh this topic again. There are two reasons for this:

1. I couldnot find any recent post or thread regarding the reading of filesystem of LG RD5130, which could depict away to upload custom ringtones/wallpapers to the phone. Most of the posts (which are months or years old) says that it is not possible to upload custom rigtones/wallpapers to Lg RD5130 via Datacable, since the midi folder is hidden!

2. In most of those above mentioned posts, an alternative way of uploading wallpapers/ringtones to Lg Rd5130 was mentioned known as MMS technology using 1stSMTP server. But as my knowledge goes, this trick doesn't applies these days. Reliance MMS server donot allow such MMS any more (I think this information is true).

Now I would like to know if anyone in this forum has any knowledge to how to upload Custom Ringtones and Wallpapers to Lg Rd5130 via DataCable (using any of Bitpim, QPST, UniCDMA, etc), or anyone has very recent experience of uploading Custom ringtone/wallpaper via MMS (RWorld) Technique already stated here long back in this forum.

Hoping for some positive any brainy response!

-Abhishek Mitra

Kolkata, India

Yes it is possible, I have done it.

Instead of using 5130 I have used 5340, believe me they are almost the same, as I am using data cable for 5130 on my 5340 handset.

just run bitpim and go to file system and expand it.

Vishal,

Can you post the folder name where ringtones are stored in 5340? Also the version of bitpm you are using and the data cable make.

Thanks

Mathew

Instead of using 5130 I have used 5340, believe me they are almost the same, as I am using data cable for 5130 on my 5340 handset.

Vishal, I don't think they are as same as you think...yes UI is similar for both...but 5130 is Java based and 5340 is BREW based. In 5130, there are only 3 (or 5..don't remember exactly) slots for R-world ringtones & folder is hidden for bitpim while in 5340, you can keep on saving as many ringtones as wish as long as memory is free and upto 100 in numbers.

Hi Vishal,

I also have a 5340 and have purchased a serial data cable, as advised on this forum.

However, my Bitpim does not recognise my 5340 phone at all, despite several attempts. I used the latest version of Bitpim and on not suceeding, I tried also with the previous version of bitpim, but no success at all. So please can you advise me what is the version of bitpim, phone model selected, data cable used etc

to enable me to use bitpim for my 5340 and also 6230. :help::help::help:

However, for my FWP 350R, the same serial data cable recognises the phone and also displays the file system. I also u/l some midi ringtones to the 350R phone. But my phone has become very slow now. Maybe i should delete some ringtones. I have loaded to the maximum possible. One more thing I wanted to know, if one can take a backup of the phonebook using bitpim? if yes, pl. advise the procedures? I want to backup my 350R, 5340 and also 6230. All these three models share the same serial data cable. I also have USB data cable by the way. :help::help::help:

Thanks in Advance.

:angry::clap::clap:

Hello Kumar Shah,

Don't try to detect phone from 'Edit/Detect Phone' as it will never do because bitpim is not made to detect these phones

just go to the view menu of bitpim and select 'view filesystem' you will see a window in which you will see + / sign just click on the plus sign and it will take few seconds to expand the file structure of the phone file system (in my system it takes about 6-7 seconds). I am attaching a screen shot of my file system for your reference. As you can see in the screen shot there are two directories named 'ringers' and ' wallpapers' which are used for storing ringtones & wallpapers respectively

I am using BitPim 0.8.08 and serial cable of 5130 (as I couldn't find a 5340 serial data cable)

and for the phone book sync or back up I suggest you to use 'LG PC Sync for 5340' as it is much easier then bitpim and you can also sync phone book, schedule, todo & memo

right now I am having 15 ringtones and 12 wallpapers installed through bitpim on my phone, I will install more of them as I will find some good ones

Happy Tweaking

post-10615-1143204574_thumb.jpg

Edited by vishal

Thanks Vishal for the immediate reply.

I will try again tomorrow and let you know if there are any problems.

I tried using LG PCSync, but I was unable to backup my 5340 or 6230. Pl let me know the correct method in detail if possible. any possibilities for backing up SMS???

Thanks in advance.

Edited by khs123

Thanks Vishal for the immediate reply.

I will try again tomorrow and let you know if there are any problems.

I tried using LG PCSync, but I was unable to backup my 5340 or 6230. Pl let me know the correct method in detail if possible. any possibilities for backing up SMS???

Thanks in advance.

hi

first of all what do you mean by 'unable to backup my 5340' ? Is it that you are unable to connect lg sync software with your phone ?

LG PCSync is too simple to use, no complications at all.

Just check it out that u are using the right software for your phone i.e. get LG PC Sync for 5340 only

Here is the link LG PC SYNC 5340

After installing it just check the port setting as shown in the screen shot given below

Try it and tell me if there is any prob

Chow

Edited by vishal

Hi Vishal,

I am still unable to use Bitpim with my 5340.

I have enclosed the screenshot for you to checkup.

I tried with different ports, different phone models, etc etc but to no avail.

I am using the 5130/6130/5340/6230 serial data cable and not the usb data cable with my 5340.

Pl advise how to go about things now. :clap::):help:

post-7068-1143301619_thumb.jpg

first of all just tell me are u able to connect your phone with LG PC Sync ?

I mean this will assure you that your cable is working fine.

I am using 5130 serial cable for my 5340 and BitPim 0.8.08 as told you before. Which bitpim and cable are you using ?

from your screen shot I cam to know that you are tring to connect from COM1, just check that whether your phone is on COM1 or COM2

Edited by vishal

Vishal,

Can you post the folder name where ringtones are stored in 5340? Also the version of bitpm you are using and the data cable make.

Thanks

Mathew

the folder is /brew/shared/ringers. If you don't have ringers folder in shared then create one.

Regards

Vishal

I HAVE TRIED BITPIM TO CONNECT MY RD2030 & RD5130, BUT IT CANNOT DETECTING THE PHONE. CAN ANY BODY HALP ME PLEASE.

EDIT by Vishal Gupta: <Topic Merged>

Dear LG RD 5130 users... Has anyone tried BitPim for LG RD 5130 handset? Yesterday I downloaded BitPim version 0.8.14 -official from Sourceforge , but this version doesn’t support the RD 5130 model. I tried "Other CDMA phone , but in vain. Can anyone tell which model of LG( Listed with BitPim) is compatible with RD 5130?LG’s own DesktopLite doesn’t support Wallpapers and Ring tone though it is very good with phone book.

EDIT by Vishal Gupta: < Topic Merged >

Dear LG RD 5130 users... Has anyone tried BitPim for LG RD 5130 handset? Yesterday I downloaded BitPim version 0.8.14 -official from Sourceforge , but this version doesn’t support the RD 5130 model. I tried "Other CDMA phone , but in vain. Can anyone tell which model of LG( Listed with BitPim) is compatible with RD 5130?LG’s own DesktopLite doesn’t support Wallpapers and Ring tone though it is very good with phone book.

I don't know how many times we should explain that bitpim will not detect the phone in the way you are trying to detect it (from the list and than selecting detect phone)

It is very simple :-

1. Just connect the cable between your computer and the phone

2. Open bitpim

3. Open the File System

4. Expand the directory structure

5. Look out for the directories like ringer or wallpaper

6. If you found them just add new files to that respectively directories (by right clicking on the files window)

I think that will be enough

Regards

Vishal

Thanks Vishal for your reply.

I tried the same as you said but in vain. I am unable to see any folder(s). Yes when Is elected file system and click on "+" sign , it did search for "something". But finally it failed to connect to handset and didn’t show any folder. I configured the connection setting as : other CDMA mobile" and Port "Com6" as some setting is necessary to make a connection. The port setting is correct , cable is correct as i am able to browse the Internet and able to use LGSync.

Could you thro some more light

Thanks Vishal for your reply.

I tried the same as you said but in vain. I am unable to see any folder(s). Yes when Is elected file system and click on "+" sign , it did search for "something". But finally it failed to connect to handset and didn’t show any folder. I configured the connection setting as : other CDMA mobile" and Port "Com6" as some setting is necessary to make a connection. The port setting is correct , cable is correct as i am able to browse the Internet and able to use LGSync.

Could you thro some more light

Now you are doing the right thing. By clicking on the "+" sign it will try to retrieve the directory list of the phone, if the connection is correct it will open the file system of the phone and you can see the directory structure and then you can upload files (if the folders are not hidden)

Just check the right port is selected, the only problem you are facing is the incorrect port or may be the 5130 doesn't show any folders

Thanks for your reply. The port is correct and cable is also correct. I am able to Browse Internet , able to Use LG Sync and LG Desktoplite since last many weeks. The only problem which I guess is related to Phone type. I guess instead of " Other CDMA phone " i should select some phone, which is nearer to RD 5130. If u tried your LG RD 5120 with BitPim and succeed, let me know the phone model type.

I want to register my Protest for whatsoever is going on under the name of "Hacking "LG RD5130 with BitPim" in this forum. I believe the moderator should have to do their job more precisely and they should not remove the previous posts on the name of editing. My 2 or 3 posts are just removed even though there were discussions going on.

Now come to the main and only point that is connectivity of RD 5130 (YES RD 5130 not any other model as discussed in this forum) with BitPim.Based on my experience (Total 10+) in IT in the field of networking and sys/web admin, I dare to say that you can "Hack" system only when you established connectivity with it. Without connection it is not possible to” hack" any system and I believe there could not be a second thought on it, Right? Connectivity is must!!!So when there is no connectivity between BitPim and LG RD 5130, what r u trying to hack? It is ridiculous to mention the word” Hack" as in main topic even though there is no sign of connectivity. So it is the Title of Topic which must be edited first, not the posting by members.

So Again Back to square one. Has any LG RD 5130 user succeed in getting connection with his/her handset to BitPim (any version) using proper cable (serial/usb) and port setting? If so please come forward and join this discussion. I believe we have enough ifs and buts hence only those who actually tried LG RD 5130 successfully must come forward.

Hi,

Anybody can help....

I am LG RD 5340 User,

Here is the same but slightly differ problem, Bitpim is not show any connection or any file system and while I go through PC sync the phone shows syncroonization is get started and after few seconds phone restarts it self and computer screen shows phone is locked or restricted.

What to do.

Help me. :lol::D:help:

can anybody help me hack my lg 6130.I am able to connect the phone to pc but filesystem doesnt show any folder for brew or ringtones.

First, this phone is Java based & not BREW.

And secondly, the ringtones folder is hidden..so till date, nobody has been able to upload ringtones in this phone. It has already been discussed at length elsewhere in this forum...(in LG thread)...

I want to register my Protest for whatsoever is going on under the name of "Hacking "LG RD5130 with BitPim" in this forum. I believe the moderator should have to do their job more precisely and they should not remove the previous posts on the name of editing. My 2 or 3 posts are just removed even though there were discussions going on.

Now come to the main and only point that is connectivity of RD 5130 (YES RD 5130 not any other model as discussed in this forum) with BitPim.Based on my experience (Total 10+) in IT in the field of networking and sys/web admin, I dare to say that you can "Hack" system only when you established connectivity with it. Without connection it is not possible to” hack" any system and I believe there could not be a second thought on it, Right? Connectivity is must!!!So when there is no connectivity between BitPim and LG RD 5130, what r u trying to hack? It is ridiculous to mention the word” Hack" as in main topic even though there is no sign of connectivity. So it is the Title of Topic which must be edited first, not the posting by members.

So Again Back to square one. Has any LG RD 5130 user succeed in getting connection with his/her handset to BitPim (any version) using proper cable (serial/usb) and port setting? If so please come forward and join this discussion. I believe we have enough ifs and buts hence only those who actually tried LG RD 5130 successfully must come forward.

Protest noted - overruled.

whoever stated that a hack is only with a connection ??? heard about tweaks on your comp or mob - well they are hacks .. A hack is a workaround.

Btw the thread is at an assuming state as of now ... when 2030 was launched even we prayed .. wondered and dreamed till we got a break! so wait for that !! :help:

who knows when gold strikes!!

cheers

ashok

For all those people having problems with connecting to LG RD 5340 thru bitpim, here's how I did it.

Many ppl say that on the phone type option we should select "other CDMA phone". But few others say that let the phone be LG VX4400 (or sumthing - it is the default phone of bitpim). I tried using this configuration and after repeated tries I was successful. Even with the corect COM port and the phone option I have suggested, bitpim might take a few tries to be able to finally connect to your phone. Once it is connected, DONT change the port again as again bitpim will not be able to retrieve the filesystem.

Now I also have a question - a wish,rather - does anybody know how we might be able to upload an ebook thru bitpim? I really would like to have an ebook on my cell. Plz help all u techies.... ;)

Can u try to send a copy of the Phones root directory ???

cheers

ashok