Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
compenn

Mutual Funds

Guys can we discuss here which mutual funds are the best!!! :'(

Acc to what I gathered from valueresearchonline.com and moneycontrol.com among equity diversified following are most risk free ones....with good returns...

HDFC Equity

HDFC Top 200

Reliance growth fund

Reliace vision fund

Magnum Contra

Magnum Global

If anybody is investing in MFs and has some good experience please share with us.....

Would love to have your inputs... :P

And among equity diversified funds, those of ELSS category (i.e. provide tax exemption and come with 3 year lock-in period) are the best performers.

It is because due to 3 year lockin, customers do not have the option of exiting it even on the slightest deterioration of performance due to market fluctuations, which in turn enables the fund manager to think long-term without worrying about showing short-term gains. And it is a proven fact for mutual funds that locg term strategy gives better results.

Edited by amtrag

add Franklin Prima to your list

add Franklin Flexicap Fund also to the list.

maybe all of you who are in awe of mutual funds should read RICH DAD's book 2 which is CASHFLOW QUADRANT.

If not, then atleast listen to some very interesting Audio Report available at www.richdadbook2.com

They are specially for Mutual Funds. Hear them before you plan to invest.

Chirag, I would try getting the book ,but in the meantime could you tell us the gist of the book.

I really loved Rich dad Poor dad. What does book2 say abt mutual fund investment is it a bad idea or a good one???

Also could somebody temme which out of HDFC Long Term adavantage Fund (ELSS) or Pru Icici Tax Plan(ELSS) is better for a montly SIP of Rs 1000?? :'(

Chirag, I would try getting the book ,but in the meantime could you tell us the gist of the book.

I really loved Rich dad Poor dad. What does book2 say abt mutual fund investment is it a bad idea or a good one???

Also could somebody temme which out of HDFC Long Term adavantage Fund (ELSS) or Pru Icici Tax Plan(ELSS) is better for a montly SIP of Rs 1000?? :'(

I don't know about HDFC ELSS, but Pru ICICI tax plan returns are as follows:

If you started investing Rs.1000 per month and carried on for next 6 years, then your total investment of 6*12*1000 i.e. Rs.72,000 would have become Rs.2.97 lakhs! I got these numbers at pruicici.com in their returns calculator (or whatever...) section.

But of course, needless to say, past returns are no guarantee to similar performance in future also.

Audio clips do mention abt mutual funds, in detail. So just download them, and listen to them, glued to your earphones for an hour. They really will change the way you look at things! There is no right or wrong, in investments. They should suit your style. Thats imp.

There are enuf reviews available for the books, online. Read them up. Better just get the book.

Tried down loading the audio clip from the link you gave but it asks me for a paid membership :D:D

Looks like you'll have me buy the book only.. :rolleyes:

Also could somebody temme which out of HDFC Long Term adavantage Fund (ELSS) or Pru Icici Tax Plan(ELSS) is better for a montly SIP of Rs 1000?? :clap:

I invested when Sensex is at 9500, thats 3 month from now or so. I invest in old fund like 3-5 years old good performer in long term period. :clap:

Here is the some list may help you. :P

Pru ICICI Growth (Growth Option) [ Now 17% profit so far]

Pru ICICI Discovery Fund (Growth Option ) [ 6.75% profit so far]

Reliance Growth Fund (Growth Option) [12.91% So far]

Right now I already submited form for :D

HDFC Tax Saver

Looking to invest in :D :-

Pru ICICI Emerging S.T.A.R. Fund (G)

HDFC LT Advantage Fund-G

Magnum Tax Gain Scheme

If you are planing for long term like 1-3 YEAR then you will earn good income. BSE can crack above 13000 by this year end. :rolleyes:

Go for SIP. Thats the best option

I invested in HDFC Tax Saver, Magnum tax gain, Fidelity Tax adavantage, Kotak Tax Saver.(SIP Rs 1000 each)

HDFC, Magnum and Kotak are giving good returns. Got 14% in the last 3 months.

Also thinking of taking Reliance ELSS and Pru Icici tax plan.

New Fund manager for pru icici tax plan is a B.Tech from IIT and MBA from IIM Calcutta. lets see how this fund does.... :)

...its Anil Ambani, under Reliance Capital Limited !

Tried down loading the audio clip from the link you gave but it asks me for a paid membership :(:(

Looks like you'll have me buy the book only.. :(

You need to just register online, free ofcourse! No paid Membership.

Tried down loading the audio clip from the link you gave but it asks me for a paid membership :(:(

Looks like you\'ll have me buy the book only.. <_<

You need to just register online, free ofcourse! No paid Membership.

I can invest Rs1000/ p.m. can any one suggest me one good mutual fund?

Also can anyone tel me abt gold investment??

Kishore

Kishore, If u wanna invest in balanced fund HDFC Prudence is a good choice.

For equity fund HDFC equity is a good choice.

Have a look at valueresearchonline.com and most of tthe 5 start funds are good.

Also read about fund manager there and you would have a fair idea.....

What do u mean by gold investment? is it the mutual funds in gold?

By gold investment, i mean investment in pure gold, not in mutual funds of gold...