Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Lifetime Validity Offers: How Long Is Life Time?

'Lifetime Validity' offers: How long is Life Time?

Reliance asserts its superiority due to longer remaining license Period.

Existing Life Time Incoming Product of Reliance offers longer validity of 15 years at the same price.

Launches New 10 Year Incoming Product for wider Choice.

DAKC (Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City), Navi Mumbai, April 02, 2006

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has recently issued a clarification that 'Lifetime Validity' product should be valid till the license period of the mobile operator. Reliance's Life Time Product offers its customers a superior value of up to 15 years of free incoming period as it has longer remaining period of License than other leading mobile operators. To further supplement its already superior offerings, Reliance is launching a new 10 year incoming product to offer customers more choice.

The new 10-year validity product from Reliance is comparable to the 'Lifetime Validity' product offered by most other mobile operators. The 'Lifetime Validity' products offered by mobile operators who had received their license in 1994 are valid only till 2014, which is less than 10 years from now. In contrast, the 'Lifetime Validity' product of Reliance Communications, is valid till 2021 which is almost 15 years from now.

Announcing the initiative, S P Shukla, President - Wireless, Reliance Communications said: "This new product at Rs 795 offers a 10 year incoming calling facility. This is almost as much as the Lifetime validity product of most operators. And in conjunction with the flexibility to choose any tariff rather than being tied down to any high tariffs, this product offers superior value to our subscribers."

This Recharge option of Rs 795- currently available with E-recharge - comes with Rs 25 talk time pre-loaded. Customers needing to make outgoing calls occasionally can recharge with top-up micro-recharges starting from Rs 10 and make outgoing calls at the calling rates of Rs 1.99 for a local call and Rs 2.99 for all other calls in India.

And just as in the Lifetime validity option of Rs 995, a subscriber loading with Rs 795 recharge option will not be bound by any particular tariff plan for a lifetime. With Reliance India Mobile, he will have the option to choose from the company's wide range of prepaid vouchers and tariff plans as per his requirement.

The subscriber also has the option of loading the Lifetime Validity Recharge option at Rs 995 and get incoming call facility up to 15 years.

:clap: Reliance think that nobody is able to withstand with reliance more than max 10 yrs. so that why they defined the life time as 10 yrs......... :ph34r: after 10 yrs ur dead for realince........... :'(

Airtel lifetime valid till 2021 .For airtel shown on website

!dea lifetime valid till 2035 . For idea its balance IVRS says that.

What say... :clap:

Airtel lifetime valid till 2021 .For airtel shown on website

!dea lifetime valid till 2035 . For idea its balance IVRS says that.

What say... :clap:

Cellular licences are given for 20 years, so if Airtel got it in 1995, it could be valid only till 2015...yes only in a circle where airtel obtained licence in 2001 could the vlaidity be till 2021, but definitley not in Delhi, Mumbai etc where it started in 1994-95.

...and similarly how could idea offer validity till 2035 unless it obtained license in 2005 and started services thereafter?

Then they have not updated their websites & ivr as per trai order....

In the press release, they had mentioned about some flexibility in tariff. Can anyone explain it? What all vouchers can be used and do we get fulltalktime on it along with different tariff?

In the press release, they had mentioned about some flexibility in tariff. Can anyone explain it? What all vouchers can be used and do we get fulltalktime on it along with different tariff?

Basically in Reliance tariff plans for prepaid customers is purely based on the voucher u load. So by recharging with lifetime, u r actually buying the validity of ur no and u r free to chosee any tariff plan purely based on the voucher u load.

For Example...

a) If u reacharge with fulltalktime top-up..u will be in default plan ie Rs2 for local and Rs3 for STD

:) If u recharge with normal vouchers like Rs360 (Which gives 0.50 ps outgoing) or Rs 430 (whcih gives free night talktime to RIM) , ur tariff plan for that month will be applicable based on that voucher. After thar voucher validity period, automatically u will re reverted back to ur default tariff plan.

If u still have doubts.reply

thanks for that info:

Does it mean that , If I recharge with Rs.360, I will get 150 talktime along with the tariff plan( 50paise cell, 40paise rim and 1rupee for landline) applicable for 30 days, and same thing is applicable to all the vouchers?

Also, can I use 1paise sms card(Rs.180 for 6 months) along with life time validity card?

thanks for that info:

Does it mean that , If I recharge with Rs.360, I will get 150 talktime along with the tariff plan( 50paise cell, 40paise rim and 1rupee for landline) applicable for 30 days, and same thing is applicable to all the vouchers?

Also, can I use 1paise sms card(Rs.180 for 6 months) along with life time validity card?

Answer for all questions YES :clap:

thanks for that info:

Answer for all questions YES :lol:

are u sure

I dont think Anil Bhai is that dildar

thanks for that info:

Answer for all questions YES :)

are u sure

But above mentioned all the things 100% true..Anil Bhai is not that much bad also

are u sure

There's no dildari in this dear.

You would get only Rs 150 talktime on 360 voucher with lower rates...same as other normal prepaid.

while other gsm fellows give full talktime...BUT.......without lowering the rates.

Edited by amtrag

are u sure

There's no dildari in this dear.

You would get only Rs 150 talktime on 360 voucher with lower rates...same as other normal prepaid.

while other gsm fellows give full talktime...BUT.......without lowering the rates.

But indeed only Reliance provides this type of flexibility switching plans in prepaid tariffs...whereas other GSM will continue to charge same tariff irrespective of ur recharge.

Also the 1paise sms card(Rs.180 for 6 months) , is available only in Reliance, in other opeators such cards are available, but they never allow u to use them with lifetime validity schemes..

Reliance is not thAT bad ..

i completely satisfied with my reliance lifetime prepaid connection. i recharge with rs 59/-spl voucher + 140 topup, i get around rs 125 talktime with 30 paise call to reliance and 50 paise call to other fixed/mobile in local.

reliance post paid is very expensive

Any plan (postpaid or prepaid) could be cheap or expensive.....it all depends on type and amount of usage of an individual. Normally, for heavy usage (especially std calls), postpaid works out to be cheaper...but ofcourse it may not hold true in some cases...

So, when writting any generalised statement as one above, pl also explain the reason why you think so.

Is it? If you are a high user, reliance postpaid is the cheapest and the best option. They have had the one rupee calling plan for almost an year before the one india plans came into being. Now, with the new ROI399 plan, I can call any Reliance phone across the country for just 40 paise..and rest all for 1 rupee..and all roaming calls for just 40 paise a minute...plus SMS as per standard tariff even while roaming..plus superior call quality and cheap rates while roaming internationally. You call it expensive? Moreover, I would never even go for a rent free or cheaper but crappy services of Airtel or Hutch (atleast in Delhi), and I don't have to as I have the option of Reliance postpaid with superior voice quality and huge network...I have been using it for more than an year now and quite satisfied...

Amtrag rightly said...it all depends on your usage...If you are a low user, even RIM prepaid is not bad at all.

Edited by basant_jp

Now, with the new ROI399 plan, I can call any Reliance phone across the country for just 40 paise..and rest all for 1 rupee..and all roaming calls for just 40 paise a minute...plus SMS as per standard tariff even while roaming..plus superior call quality and cheap rates while roaming internationally. You call it expensive?

Hi,

How much free talk time we get in new ROI399 plan. I am seriously thinking about changing my dapo.

Is it better than delight plans?

RIO399 has no inbuilt free talk time. If your monthly voice usage exceeds Rs 100, you should go for Delight plans. In any case while shifting from DAPO, Delight plans are the better option. In case you have plenty of R-R STD calls or you roam a lot, you could go for Del499, else you could go for Del399. Del499 offers the same tariffs as RIO399, but offers Rs 160 worth of talktime by paying Rs 100 extra, a net saving of Rs 60 apart from the SMS savings.

Thanks Puneet. I am now shifting to Delight 399 which suits me well. Only twice in a year when I go to native place I require roaming otherwise I am totally in Mumbai. I am not an addict to sms.

Thanks once again

thanks for that info:

No, the tariff plan will be applicable to One Month only. After one month you will again be charged as per the life time tariff rates.

Although the balance amount you can use till life time of the number.

So just keep this thing in mind that after one month the tariff will again be equal to the life Time tariff rates. :Equivocado:

Is it? If you are a high user, reliance postpaid is the cheapest and the best option. They have had the one rupee calling plan for almost an year before the one india plans came into being. Now, with the new ROI399 plan, I can call any Reliance phone across the country for just 40 paise..and rest all for 1 rupee..and all roaming calls for just 40 paise a minute...plus SMS as per standard tariff even while roaming..plus superior call quality and cheap rates while roaming internationally. You call it expensive? Moreover, I would never even go for a rent free or cheaper but crappy services of Airtel or Hutch (atleast in Delhi), and I don't have to as I have the option of Reliance postpaid with superior voice quality and huge network...I have been using it for more than an year now and quite satisfied...

Amtrag rightly said...it all depends on your usage...If you are a low user, even RIM prepaid is not bad at all.

I am also using the same plan ROI399. But recently when I gone to my native place. The incoming costs has been charged to 1.75 rs per min.

Actually, With the new changed roaming rates, the new roaming rates which are applicable is 1.75 Rs per min.

So now there is no advantage from roaming point of view.

Be aware of the above fact..... :)