Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Motorola CDMA Razr V3c

Great news! Motorola CDMA RAZR V3c will soon be launched in India.

As per the information provided to my brother (he works in a senior position in Motorola) by the topmost Marketing and Sales officials from Motorola US, they are working with the Indian CDMA operators to launch the CDMA RAZR within June/July timeframe. There will be announcements as soon as the launch plans are finalized.

Cheers!

Great news! Motorola CDMA RAZR V3c will soon be launched in India.

As per the information provided to my brother (he works in a senior position in Motorola) by the topmost Marketing and Sales officials from Motorola US, they are working with the Indian CDMA operators to launch the CDMA RAZR within June/July timeframe. There will be announcements as soon as the launch plans are finalized.

Cheers!

Cool Man... thanks for sharing the info.. can we have some more details of this phone ??? :blink::(

Considering the recent marketing strategies of Motorola, I expect this phone to be somewhere between 11-14K, not more than that. Anyway, this is cool phone and those who want a stylish, sexy and feature-rich clamshell, this will undoubtedly be the best choice.

I doubt if reliance ever introduce such phone. I think all cellular operators has shifted their focus from high end to low end users. All cell companies has more low end phones than mid and high end phones. Even advertisements are for sub 10k phone are often seen.

Also in high end handsets CDMA operators has lower margines than low end phones because of conflicts of interest of handset mfrs and operators.

I would be really surprised if this handset ever be launched in India for RIM.

Please do not make any guess... for rim launching any handset..

because none of our guess comes right.. LOL For ex.. see nokia 6265 thread :blink:

So lets wait till Mr.ADA to get mature and launch such high end mobiles.

Well...this is no guess. I have the copy of the email which my brother received from the officials from Motorola US. Being an employee, my brother mailed them and enquired about the possible launch of this handset in India. The post above which states the June/July as the timeframe for its launch in India is nothing but their reply...When they reply to their collegue that they are talks with India CDMA operators, then they must be.

Delay in launch of Nokia 6265 had made us all pessimist...keep your hope high guys...No operator can survive on only number of subscribers, in the end they all will have to think of smart ARPU..which is possible only if they come out with strong reasons to attract and retain higt users....and availability of high end handsets is the topmost reason for such people. Isn't it?

Well...this is no guess. I have the copy of the email which my brother received from the officials from Motorola US. Being an employee, my brother mailed them and enquired about the possible launch of this handset in India. The post above which states the June/July as the timeframe for its launch in India is nothing but their reply...When they reply to their collegue that they are talks with India CDMA operators, then they must be.

Delay in launch of Nokia 6265 had made us all pessimist...keep your hope high guys...No operator can survive on only number of subscribers, in the end they all will have to think of smart ARPU..which is possible only if they come out with strong reasons to attract and retain higt users....and availability of high end handsets is the topmost reason for such people. Isn't it?

Absolutely right!!! Lets wait.. I place my bet on Motorola rather than Nokia 6265..

Cheers!!

Eagerly waiting for this phone. Thats a really good one, I have seen and used its GSM version.

One more thing guys.. does it have VGA or Mega Pixel camera.. and also offcourse wht abt the memory card..Can any1 plz answer this..

Thanks in advance..CHeers!!

Yes, it has a mega pixel camera, but no extendable memory. Here's the complete spec sheet -

- EVDO high speed data access

- Video clip capture and playback : MPEG4 (15 fps)

- 1.3 megapixel digital camera : with 4x digital zoom

- 72 polyphonic sound engine

- Picture and video messaging¹

- Integrated Speakerphone

- MMS¹ (Picture / photo + text + sound), SMS, EMS¹ 5.0

- PIM functionality

- Advanced speech recognition

- Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled : connectivity Class 2

- Bands : CDMA 1X and EVDO with aGPS 800/1900

- Standby Time² : up to approximately 200 hours

-Talk Time : up to approximately 188 minutes

- BREW : 3.1

- Connectivity : Mini-USB

- WAP : 2.0

- Internal Memory7 : up to 30MB of available end user memory

- Form Factor : Clamshell

- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 53 x 98 x 14.5 mm

- Weight : 99 g

- External Display : 96 x 80 CSTN display

- Internal Display : 176 x 220 TFT color display

I dont think this handset will be released in India unless 3G services are started.

high hopes. wait wait wait. thats all RIM customers get

high hopes. wait wait wait. thats all RIM customers get

Eek Soch thi Eek Sapna tha............ :clap::):)

Yes, it has a mega pixel camera, but no extendable memory. Here's the complete spec sheet -

- EVDO high speed data access

- Video clip capture and playback : MPEG4 (15 fps)

- 1.3 megapixel digital camera : with 4x digital zoom

- 72 polyphonic sound engine

- Picture and video messaging¹

- Integrated Speakerphone

- MMS¹ (Picture / photo + text + sound), SMS, EMS¹ 5.0

- PIM functionality

- Advanced speech recognition

- Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled : connectivity Class 2

- Bands : CDMA 1X and EVDO with aGPS 800/1900

- Standby Time² : up to approximately 200 hours

-Talk Time : up to approximately 188 minutes

- BREW : 3.1

- Connectivity : Mini-USB

- WAP : 2.0

- Internal Memory7 : up to 30MB of available end user memory

- Form Factor : Clamshell

- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 53 x 98 x 14.5 mm

- Weight : 99 g

- External Display : 96 x 80 CSTN display

- Internal Display : 176 x 220 TFT color display

Well..thnks basant_jp for the info..I think its not a bad bet at all if price is below 10K..what say guys??

CHeers!!

The craze of the Motorola Razer V3 has gone.Its become very common and now Companies need to focus on introducing New models in CDMA technology.And if they launch old models at high prices it surely wont work. :clap:

Edited by schumi

well if this phone is under 10k..its good but as far as i know and assume that this will definitely b around 12-14 k range.....

I have one which I got it from US (RAZR v3c)

I was using it there with verizon services today only I reach Indai and I am eager whether I will be able to use it with Reliance or not, to tell u in short it is excellent piece though doesn't have a expandable memory but its a 3g mobile so have faster data access.

Arun

Aaah.. Finally something frm horses mouth...Well, arun has recommended it in short.. so who all r there in tha list..

CHeers!

Source - Economic Times

Now, Moto Razr on CDMA platform

Joji Thomas Philip NEW DELHI

COME next week, the ultra slim Moto Razr, the handset that has been credited with the turnaround in Motorola’s fortunes in India, will be available in the CDMA platform. The company is in the final stages of working out a bundling arrangement with both Tata Teleservices and Reliance Communications for the launch of the CDMA Razr in the country.

The launch of the CDMA version will also see Motorola become the first handset vendor to have tie-ups with all private service providers on both technological platforms — currently, it has an agreement with Bharti Airtel for its C117, with Hutchison Essar for C113 and a tie-up with Idea Cellular for C114. GSM users of Moto Razr have a choice of two models — V3 and the V3i, priced at about Rs 9,500 and Rs 12,000, respectively. Company exec utives said that both these models would be extended to CDMA customers too on the same price platform. Following this, Motorola also plans to enter the music phone segment with the launch of the Moto “Rokr”, which is slat ed to enter India in the next quarter, com pany executives added. The company may however be a touch late with its en try into the MP3 phones segment as Nokia, Siemens and Sony Ericsson have already launched dedicated music phones here. The only edge that the “Rokr” holds is that it will play dig ital music using the very famil iar iTunes interface and it also syncs quickly and easi ly with iTunes on one’ computer. Meanwhile Motorola, on Tuesday an nounced a com prehensive memo randum of under standing with Indian Institute of Technol ogy to strengthen its research and devel opment initiatives in the country.

Finally some good handset at reasonable price. I have seen the GSM V3i. Its amazing. Good CD like clarity when music is played (itunes), bluetooth, MMC slot , 1.3 Megapixel camera :angry:

Seems to have better configuration than Nokia 6255 and lower priced too