Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vishal Gupta

Success! LG LSP 340E & Bitpim

i am new user

i have lg 2030 black and white handset

what exactly is bitpim

what it does , i cant understand fully.

and how to connect phone to computer, by usb data cable i have .

will it cause any danger for using it

sorry if the answers are there on this forum

but i am new to this type of topic

i was here only for bill queries

thanks

What is bitpim ?

Bitpim is a software which allows your Qualcomm based Phone's FileSystem to be read, and in some cases modified... as in the case of LG RD2030.

what it does?

It allows u to upload ringtones / wallpapers, view the filesystem (play with the jads and jars of Java apps from Rworld...) and lots more!!!!!!!!

How to connect phone to computer ?

Use a Serial Cable... NOT USB one since Bitpim does not currently support USB communications (yeah they have started partial support... which does not work for me!) Using a RS-232 Convertor did not do the trick for me!

Will there be any danger in using it ?

Depends .... if u want to try a new car, and do not know where to apply the brakes ... u will end up in a lot of trouble...

Same is the case here .... if u are not the experimenting kind ... do not fiddle around too much... u might even screw up the phone for this lifetime...

on the other hand use it as proven... U will be happy with the results!

cheers

Ashok

How to connect phone to computer ?

Use a Serial Cable... NOT USB one since Bitpim does not currently support USB communications (yeah they have started partial support... which does not work for me!) Using a RS-232 Convertor did not do the trick for me!

Well ashoksoft, since the question has cropped-up, I would like to tell that I don't agree with you on Bitpim not supporting USB (or even partially supporting it).

Since the beginning i.e. when LG-2030 filesystem was first hacked, I have been using bitpim 0.62 version for uploading RTs to my lg-2030 with usb cable.

I was also able to view the filesystem of LSP-350R with bitpim (7.x version) using usb data cable.

Although I have not tried any other phone model since I could not get my hands on any other.

So, Bitpim DOES work with usb cable as well, atleast in case of LG-2030.

Hello Gurus,

I wanted to send and receive SMS from my LG Lsp-340E Handset via PC is it possible ? If yes what tools i need. Of course I am looking for a free tools :rolleyes:

Help mee.....

Hello Gurus,

I wanted to send and receive SMS from my LG Lsp-340E Handset via PC is it possible ? If yes what tools i need. Of course I am looking for a free tools :angry:

Help mee.....

Forget about sms thru PC (this has not ben possible on almost any reliance handset). We have not been able to get proper access to the file system itself. It seems that the VFS interface has been blocked at the driver level(Virtual USB Driver - most likely) or the set itself.

Change the COM port setting in Bitpim too.

In Options change it to COM1 from Auto.

Hi Vishal,

Could you please tel me where I'll be able to get LGKDP?

Hello everybody.

This is my first post.

I am able to connect to my Tata indicom LG LSP 345 .

everything including Bitpim ,QPST, Lgkdp,Unicdma worked.

I tried to add a Dhoom midi ringtone in midi folder(it is downloaded from 5340 ringtones from rim forum)

but on the phone it does not shows in ringtones.

I even tried to change already installed ringtone on 345 om jai jagdish with dhoom.but again it is not showing on the phone.

what can be the reason.

what type of ringtone can work on 345.

if anybody has any ringtone for this please attach.i want to test.

Thanks in advance

Download here:

Download UniCDMA

Dear Vishal;

1. Kindly help me to provide Bitpim.7.24.

2. Also please give me the Service Code to read NAM information for LSI 110 phone type model of Relinace.

Thanks and Regards;

Anil

Yes, Now my phone is detacted by first LGKDP and it successfully read the phone @ 38000kps boud rate,

Then i open Unicdma and it dispaly the phone information that mean it is detecting my phone

Change to DM mode from UNicdma

close Unicdma

open Bitpim

when i clik to detact phone

it display after quesy no phone connected.

while in setting it is connected on COM1

pls guide why is it not detacting to Bitpim

Dear Sir;

Can you please provide me Bitpim.7.24 .

Thanks and Regards;

Anil

Edited by anil_chip

Hi all,

I've read some of the posts in here regarding Bitpim and UniCDMA. I've heard of a software made by an Indian company www.znisms.com (they sell it), which can send SMS from a FWP. If anyone knows of any other such software for sending SMS, please do let me know

Thanks

Vchoksy

Edited by vchoksy