Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tezo

Ringtones

:D

Where are the hindi film ringtones?

I had downloded 2-3 hindi film ringtone previously but from last 3-4 months I can;t see the same on R-World. Why? When called up they said it under upgradation.

Any Idea about it ?

they **** anyways..!! so better not!

they **** anyways..!! so better not!

Yes may be ture..

but resone is other it is copyright problem.

other Provider pay to song right owner for use as a ringtone. While reliance is not because of free download. (other provider are charge up to Rs.7 per ringtone)

Yeah whtever, but the quality of ringtones as compared to other polyphonic ringtones is pathetic!

Yeah whtever, but the quality of ringtones as compared to other polyphonic ringtones is pathetic!

hum, because may be it is not from original source (i.e music company)

haha.. arey none of those good ringtones are made by music companies yaar. They are made by ppl like u and me. With simple things like a composer in a Nokia phone! Ever tried that? its so amazingly simple.

I know of a frnd's Sony phone where u can record ur voice or anything else and set it as a ringtone!

These ringtones flooding in the market is becoz they are easy to make with just some sense of music of the keys on the phone! Thts why Yahoo, Rediff, Indiatimes have so many ringtones!...

Anyways, hope more ringtones come soon!

well guys

its not as simple as they. those music are copyrighted.. that means the composer or the recording co, whoever has the ownership can sue the provider for giving ringtones. theoritically, anu malik could be suied by many ppls. its just like books or movies

for eg, recently there was a russian character similar to harry potter. and the court ruled in favour of J.K.Rowling.

a similar case is when director directed a tamil move which was a copy of a malayalam movie. without the permission of the orginal director or producer....

in the same way the music is an intellectual property of the composer or the recording co, so if they think they could have a lot of benifit then they can sue.

but in the case of reliance it is unfair, because the ring tone cannot be transfered to other phones like in GSM, so each of us have to download it from r-world each time we want it.... so reliance should give the music cos some amt so that they can put it on r-world.... after all it would come to only a small percentage when compared to the usage of r-world

something i picked up from some mag. ppl in villages and rural area are using r-world more than those in cities.....

yeps.. yeps.. wht all u said was perfectly true.. and rel has been paying music and movie companies for all the content tht they put up or sometimes its the other way round, where movie companies might be paying Rel to showcase their upcoming movies at R-World!

But wht interested me was ur last line at the post.. Villages in India are changing. Mercedez too is focussing in these small villages these days. They find farmers more wealthy!! Every FMCG company in India has changed Marketing Strategies to suit Rural India!!!

Villages in India are changing. Mercedez too is focussing in these small villages these days. They find farmers more wealthy!!

It may true only for some wealthy states like "Panjab".. still telephone penetration in india only 7 crore connection out of 100 crore people in india. I think R-world in rural area used more is because it is Free now..! :D

its not jus in Punjab n thts for sure... Punjab used to be the only green state sometime back.. but its not the case anymore. Last yr's good monsoons have got several villages on track. Well wont go into the details, but Rural India is coming up excellently.

you'll definitely realise that the way ppl have got hooked onto R-World that they will for sure go back to it though it wont be so much. But it'll be definitely be used extensively all across...

i dont think it is because r-world is free

i doubt if they know it is still free now. coz they havent made any announcements.

i found out about it only when i overheard it at r-world and then i checked it on the r-world... i believe they use it for more serious matter.

like news, contents etc

I couldn't really get thru to this link... The server was down then... Maybe i'd try at some other time...

well he is giving it for nokia. and i think he might be converting it into ringtones and putting it on some wap server. i dont know if it would work with lg or samsung.... any thoughts?

Not sure, but i dont think wap in reliance support download of ringtones...

Did any of u guys contact him?

:P

He sure dint reply to my sms ;)

i dont know how to get the ringtones to download. maybe they just link it. and it asks if u want to save it.

for eg: consider a zip file on a website. u dont have to write any special code to save it. u just link it. it might work the same way...

another thing is wap have very stringent standards.. if reliance is giving r-world using wap(wml) then anything tht is possible by wap can be done on r-world too.

i am trying to find someone who is familier with wap and wml....

i was studying it, but i had to stop after 2 classes because of my exams and college studies.... so i cant do much on that. or else i have to study it from the begining...

But i think rworld is working on java stuff and not dependent on wap ;)

Hey r u sure the wap supports atleast downloads :P ?

PLz give me some info on that ;)

:rolleyes: hi guys

check this forum

here is a guy who claims to solve the ringtone prob

i couldnt contact him

see this forum link

http://forum.webdesign4india.com/index.php?showtopic=195

tell me if this was of any use ;)

Finally i got thru that forum using a proxy server... Well this is the post that was there...

HI! Guys,

RAHUL here,

At last I got the Solution for your Problems of

Downloading your Favourite Ringtones on your Nokia 2280

RELIANCE & TATA (CDMA Phones).

IF interested can call up on,

02256781145 OR +919820349994

One thing guys, dont msg him, coz am sure he wont reply to each person's SMS. Call him upfront if u have a NOKIA 2280 and get to know wht he can provide. Try it out if that is wht it requires to confirm... And let us all know if this really works!

yes reliance is not giving any option to download bollywood ringtones and it is really worse :clap: pl. charge but give us this facility ;)

Dude, hope u know tht u can upload ringtones to ur LG2030 all by urself... For more info on this read Ringtones Tutorials here! :P