Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vmsanghrajka

:: Protest Against Quota Reservation ::

:: PROTEST AGAINST QUOTA RESERVATION ::

My friends, we are protesting against QUOTA RESERVATION Policy.The fight against the Quota system is the voice of India against the greed and intellectual bankruptness of politicians. We are not against flesh and blood of any caste or community but against greed, stupidity and other evils plagueing India.

Please support this cause in all possible way.

Visit http://vmsanghrajka.blogspot.com/ and add ur suggestions/comments there.

Regards,

VAIBHAV SANGHRAJKA

Though you have my support, in a democracy you need sheer number to make your point heard. There is another option which is more violant but it can easily work out in India. You ask Kashmir militants and Naxals.

I myself feel, we should get out of this reservation stuff fast .... we should have a PURE MERITOCRACY.

What needs to be done is that the quality of PRIMARY EDUCATION needs to be boosted. It should be Free and COMPULSORY (by law).

Government should give SCHOLARSHIP to promising students from poorer or historically inequitable backgrounds .... so that they can afford the costs involved in preparing for Competitive Examinations.

But outright reservations, for anyone who has NOT WORKED HARD ENOUGH to secure a postion, should not be admitted to the IITs.

At best, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, as applied in United States is far better than outright Rerservations. There are just some points given with regards to ethnicity etc. .... but MERIT must find a dominant place in admissions FOR EVERY SEAT in IITs, Medical Colleges ... and hopefully also government bureaucracy (i.e. Civil Services)

we must fight against government becoz if we cant fight we will be fail in life

Resevation on the basis of caste must be stopped. Instead of Reservation on basis of caste they should offer 1 seat free to one who is below poverty line but is intelligent.

I am totally against reservation. Why the hell should some people be given PG seats after receiving UG seats on a platter? After reaching UG level, they made equal and receive same exposure. Reservation at higher level and elite education institute is a total injustice to open category students. If the OBC/SC/ST cannot compete others at college level, even after getting an admission there on the basis of quota itself, how do they justify of doing well at higher level. Are they biologically or psychologically different from open category people? If the govt has not been able to upgrade the present infrastructure of education in last 50 years, how is it going to do this magic in another 3 years? How are the politicians going to know the importance of working hard ann then securing admission in good institutes as their wards must have got admission always by politicians quota. Arjun singh is just trying to divide the country and get his votes. Now onwards one will look at the caste first n then visit the doctor.

See the basis for reserving seats to OBC/ST/SC/NT people is that they dont have the economic means to get lower education as they are more or less from the village side i.e. with farming background. They can't possibly compete with "upper caste" people who have "immense economic means" (as if everyones a billionaire) to go to all possible private tutions. Hence to restore the balance their 60% is considered our 95% and hence they can compete with us on "just and fair" grounds.

I'll tell you something, I am from one of the most "upper castes" but financially I dont have means to compete with most people in this country. My parents cant pay my bills. I have to work to pay my mobile phone, internet and other bills. I can't attend private tutions or any engineering classes simply because my folks can't pay those fees. They somehow manage to pay my college fees that too with great difficulty.

I have know some SC/ST people who take undue advantage of the fact that they are from the reserved category. Not only did they get into the college with 20% less marks than I scored but they also get all of their fees back because of their "reservation". Here my folks have to shell out 40K with great difficulty while these guys who have no shortage of money get so many facilities from the government.

And lets not talk about those self righteous SC/ST/NT/OBC candidates who feel they are "equal" to the "upper caste" and feel its BELOW their dignity to compete in the SC/ST quota and hence encroach on whatever little "OPEN category" seats we have. These people dont understand that 20-30% of all reserved seats are GOING TO WASTE and they are adding unnecessary competition to whatever little 5-10% seats are left for the OPEN category.

Oh and lets not forget the progressive girls of our times who feel they need to compete with guys in the OPEN category because getting admission under their 33% womens quota is, well demeaning to their feminity! :/

I personally dont have issues with these people but in all this quota nonsense people with the real problems get sidelined.

One day someone is bound to snap and go on a killing spree... :P The politicians better watch out. These vote bank politics are bad!

Edited by linuxguy

As things stand, the upper class male is the most disadvantaged in our society! And it sure is getting worse!! Not just reservations, but in plethora of other ways too. Just look around... :unsure:

Something related I stumled into, and i think every guy should read -

http://www.angryharry.com/esWhataPieceofShtisMan.htm

I believe reservations are must.

I am from upper caste and I got into IIT despite reservations

Those who oppose reservations must just think that less no

of seats are available and they need to prove their merit

accordingly.

the merit system is not without flaws - for example

one bad day (say if you are ill on exam day) and you are out!

and democracy by defination means rule by numbers not merit!!

Reservations should be done for poor people ..........

And not for obc or open........Hindu or Muslims..... whatever...

And lets not talk about those self righteous SC/ST/NT/OBC candidates who feel they are "equal" to the "upper caste" and feel its BELOW their dignity to compete in the SC/ST quota and hence encroach on whatever little "OPEN category" seats we have. These people dont understand that 20-30% of all reserved seats are GOING TO WASTE and they are adding unnecessary competition to whatever little 5-10% seats are left for the OPEN category.

Oh and lets not forget the progressive girls of our times who feel they need to compete with guys in the OPEN category because getting admission under their 33% womens quota is, well demeaning to their feminity! :/

Thats not right, actually if some SC/ST candidate can get admission in the general category then he's given the general category seat instead of the reserved seat, although he does get all the economic benefits. That's what makes the reservation policy even worse.

Edited by adwait

I believe reservations are must.

I am from upper caste and I got into IIT despite reservations

Those who oppose reservations must just think that less no

of seats are available and they need to prove their merit

accordingly.

the merit system is not without flaws - for example

one bad day (say if you are ill on exam day) and you are out!

and democracy by defination means rule by numbers not merit!!

I am not an IITian, for that matter I was below average in academics yet it is confusing.

Are you saying Merit has flaws yet you want upper caste people to prove themselves thru merit?

Have a nice week.

Edited by Ramchi