Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
linuxguy

Sms Gateways Providers...

Hi guys, wanted to know how much does an SMS gateway cost? I want to majorly SMS to Indian operators. How much are the costs involved? Which ones are the renowned providers? I dont wanna get tied down with hosts like mantraway :help: I want to send about 1000 SMSs a month...

There are many "Mantraway" type SMS gateway providers out there nowadays, thats what I found out when I was trying to setup an sms gateway recently. So better stick with well known top providers, even though they may cost a bit more. You should be able to get per SMS at 60 paise to 75 paise for very low volumes like 1000 sms per month. For larger volumes, you will get discounts from them. Since price varies according to volume, contact them for your pricing. Cellebrum is a very reliable Indian SMS gateway provider, AshokJP has tried them too...

http://www.cellebrum.com/solsms_smsgateway.shtml

http://www.cellebrum.com/solsms_web2SMS.shtml

Some very reliable international providers...

http://www.clickatell.com

http://www.nowsms.com

what a timing man!!! :help::unsure:

i was rnd'ing on how to develop application on SMS yesterday

even i asked my self the same ?? :blink: after a little bit of googling i found out there are many manay paid components avaliable on net which can link up GSM MODEMS and ur C# applications :)

after a little bit more googling i found out NO free way to deploy live application on it BUT if u wanna try some application just for funsake u can

1) DOWNLOAD the sms software from WWW.NOWSMS.COM

2) crack it :grin:;)

3) configure the software to the list of compatible GSM MODEMS or GSM phones

4) and send the sms :)

COST - what ever ur service provider charges u / sms :)

BSNL has a SMS gateway on its Sancharnet Portal. You just need to buy a Sancharnet pre paid internet card ...you could use the whole balance for SMSes, if you like. I know BSNL may not be available in Bombay, but you could get someone to buy it from Poona or wherever its available, and use it in Bombay.

The charge is 30p for a national SMS.

You can even use it from your POP3 mail client; and you can send to multiple recipients.

I used it moderately when I was using dial up. Initially it was quite reliable, but later it went for a toss for quite some time and later started working ok again. In short BSNL may not be totally reliable and the web interface is nowhere close to other providers like Cellebrum; and there is no system for delivery reciepts either (not sure if they have started now) ...but at 30paise/national sms its worth considering.

Edited by raccoon

Another option ... take a DAPO connection, use a Nokia 6235 / 6255 and well a lil coding can help (they support the very same AT commands as the GSM babies :help: )

lol

cheers

Ashok

Another option ... take a DAPO connection, use a Nokia 6235 / 6255 and well a lil coding can help (they support the very same AT commands as the GSM babies :help: )

lol

cheers

Ashok

:) gr8 could u be a lil more verbose on that :unsure::)

I have Microsoft SMS sender. Which do not suppor bulk SMS seding but can be tweaked for sending bulk SMS See cscreen shot

post-842-1150961961_thumb.png

Let me know your requirements, will quote a suitable pricing for your use.

id: ashok@fidoworks.com

Hi...thanks guys. I'll checkout cellebrum, clickatell and others. I want this for my personal use. I have a lot of friends outside Bombay and even though I have DAPO its not at all cost effective. 1000 SMSs too might be an overkill for me but I would want to try it nevertheless.

Ashokjp, what details do you require? Can you let me know the cost per month for say a 500-1000 SMSes? I am looking for a good legit provider which is also cost effective i.e. anything below 70p would be great. Can you PM me?

Edited by linuxguy

and yeah plz also tell me (since i dont know much about sms gateways) :help::)

1) what number will the receiver see

2) what about two way sms'es

thanks in advance :unsure:

You can customize the SenderID, ie., you can have the SenderID as "Abhay" instead of the number. This will work when you send to GSM numbers only though, as CDMA networks do not support Alphanumberic SenderIDs.

I'm not sure about 2-way SMS, but I beleive it requires more setup than a HTTP/SMPP based SMS gateway.

thanks man

in the case of 2way sms

1) software part we could handle it! like checking what message has arrived but what i wanted to know is about the gateway part!!

which STABLE gateway provides 2way sms & what interface would it give me to interact with it :punk:

I'm sorry to inform you that Ashok JP will not be available for a few days as he met with a bike accident on Saturday evening. I came to know about it yesterday evening and he has been taken out of the ICU yesterday only. He may require a few more days rest to recuperate. Hope he will recover soon.

All my wishes to Ashok JP. Hope he regains his health soon.

omg both sms provider ( ashokjp ) and sms consumer ( me ) met with similar fate AT THE SAME TIME! I too was in the hospital immediately after I emailed him. Just got back :confuse: Still gonna be on teh bed for 6-8 weeks... My best wishes with ashokjp!

@linuxguy

forget to ask u buddy, how r u now? Is everthing OK...

what happened to u Linux??

and how are both of u now!! may b arun u could brief us in on askhok's condition ??

anyways wish u both a very good health

i suddenly developed swelling in my abdominal region. It was due to some birth defect. The docs had to operate on me as it was an emergency. Now i am ok but left with a big wound to nurse and down for the next 1 month currently doing well... hope ashokjp too is well.

Edited by linuxguy

yup, he is back... must be replying to your emails soon !

@linuxguy

get well soon buddy! :grin:

and Arun, how is Ashok now? when will he come back in the forum?

I'm worried about him. :grin:

Guys i am fine

thanks to god and all friends prayers had a sudden recovery from brim of d___h and got discharged .

anyways regarding sms i had few issues regarding few thigns setting up and if you can hold on a bit it would be good.

thanks for your patience.