Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
qlink

How Can I Install .sis Files On My 6255cdma

Hello all,

how can i install .sis files on my 6255cdma. :quest: I was amazed to know that they cannot run on my phone.if not how can i have themes and real player for my mobile.what platform is my phone. :unsure:

Thanks & Regards

qlink

You can not. 6255 is a S40 phone, while .sis files are for S60.

You can not. 6255 is a S40 phone, while .sis files are for S60.

Hey Thanks puneet, Is there any software to change my 6255 from s40 to s60 :quest::unsure:

Series 40 & Series 60 r different h/w platforms, so u can't change/upgrade S40 to S60.

Look for java applications. .jar and the like. Those would install on your 6255. However they cannot take advantage of wap etc. So some of the applications might have very limited functionality.

Look for java applications. .jar and the like. Those would install on your 6255. However they cannot take advantage of wap etc. So some of the applications might have very limited functionality.

Operating systems in mobile phones are hardware specific. They are not like the generic OSs we use on computers. Those OSs come with drivers to detect and install a wide range of hardware, meanwhile the OS on a specific mobile phone is meant for that phone only.

s40 operating system is java based, which doesn't allow background process running capabilities and is java-based.. which makes it exceptionally faster than regular symbian phones. s40 phones are speedy and smaller(compact). The ones with larger displays and more buttons are s60. Even more functionalities, s80/90.

Hello all,

how can i install .sis files on my 6255cdma. :help: I was amazed to know that they cannot run on my phone.if not how can i have themes and real player for my mobile.what platform is my phone. :D

Thanks & Regards

qlink

all nokia ,6265 user go to this site and u can download whatever u want for nokia 6262 gallery.mobile9.com/c/nokia-6265i-themes/1/

Krazee... while what you're saying is true... I've found that all the jar files that I've installed on my 6255 (includes games and some small apps) worked perfectly.

They might have some hardware specific fuctions/commands but I'm sure they have a set of generalised commands as well which works across platforms.

The only issue (for the games) was the screen size. But if you have games that run at your phone's resolution then you are usually safe.