Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
gr8usr

Please Advise A Gsm Handset

well i have waited for the 6255 too long probably an year n m still stuck with my RD2030 <_< ..Reliance never comes up with good handsets so i wanna leave it n take some other provider.. :'(

My usage:-

Mostly std calls to landlines and mobiles and sms cost must be very low..

In all i want a provider and a plan that would provide me with something say similar to a land line phone costs with a very hifi handset... :)

Now can anyone tell me which GSM provider i should choose n which plan?? :D

as for a GSM handset i can afford upto 15K..was looking at the N6280 but dint like it much...can anyone advice a good handset with all the features n within the cost.. :o

Thanks for all the help :rolleyes:

Go for K750i or MotoRAZR V3i as they are the winners now.

Nokia 6630 highly recommended by techies compared to d competitors.

i.e. speed of d processor used,very high speed internet access,graphics,resolution,colour reproduction.

Thanks for the suggestions.. :confuse: .n yeah the Moto razr is jus too irresistable.. :confuse: ..but i heard it has a lot of compatibility probs..like bluetooth wont transfer files from nokia phones, i tunes wont allow the songs to be deleted without access to comp etc... :(

Well does anyone here own a 6280 ??? its got 3G support too n costs 13k in pune...(not that i know what 3G is though).... :quest:

And most importantly is there any other plan out there with any GSM provider that comes close to an alternative to us DAPO users???? i gotta do a lot of STD calls n would like something similar... :wacko:

Thanks a ton ppl... :grin:

Edited by gr8usr

There are IndiaOne plans available from GSM operators especially prepaid ones where if you pay Rs 1100 you get Rs 750 worth @ Rs 1.00 per minute calls plus 1008 local SMS.

As far as Handsets are concerned there are so many: If you want PDA phones go for IMATE, HP...If you want Camera Phones then Nokia and SE are better choices. I am not familiar with Motorola & other brands.

Nokia N70/80/91 are some of the better phones where N70/N80 may look similar to 6265. Nokia 6680 may be cheaper by now. If you can wait for Mobile Phone camcorder then go for N93.

Dude jus go for the Black 6681 for jus 14k. its 1.3 mega pixel n symbian 60. the only diff b/w 6680 n 6681 is that its non 3g n doesn't have a dual camera.

Also if ur a techie don go for motorola at all. i know v3i is a superb handset but u can't fiddle much with (softwares n all)

jus go for nokia. u'll never go for anything else again

Just take a Sony Ericsson K750i. I have purchased it Rs. 11750/- and believe me no phone can beat this at this time in this price range. This is the best phone ever launched.

For your reference, here are the winners announced in last month's Digit magazine...

Budget Phines:

Best Buy - Nokia 6030

Runner Up - Nokia 2600

Mid Range Phones:

Best Buy - Motorola L7

Runner Up: LG C2500

Feature rich Phones:

Best Buy - Sony Ericsson K750i

Runner Up - Samsung X700

I haven't included the prices since the prices mentioned in the magazine seems to be higher, you should be able to get them at lower prices elsewhere.

Check out the review on Sony Ericsson W550i by Manoj. Now the Sony Ericsson’s W600i is available. It has a 1.3-megapixel standard camera, and for audio-video capabilities its real good.