Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gaurang

Reliance Mobile Has The Finest Network Performance In India

Hello Reliance Mobile User, Reliance FWP Users, All Reliance Comm Users,

I want to share my experience of Network Performance of Reliance on Mumbai Bomb Blast today on 11 july 2006. I am from Mumbai and I will be very thankful to Relince Infocomm Mobile Network. Today It has worth my money for my Mobile 93242 78325 and also my Landline at Office 022 3252 1466.

Today all the Networks like Hutch, Airtel, BPL of my friends were not working at all. But, My Relince Phone has supported me a lot. I was able to call from my reliance mobile at any where in India and abroad in this Mobile Jamm situation. Also My relatives from Gujrat and London did not found any problem to call me on my Reliance Phone and Mobile at the time of bomb blast. Also the Hutch user from Gujrat able to call me but they did not able to call to Hutch mobile in Mumbai.

Today I have called to all the Network from my Reliance Phone and it has succeeded 99% for me and it has helped me to connect with my friends, relatives and family.

All these is due to Powerful Network of Reliance. Thank you Mr. Anil Ambani.

Thank you to Reliance Infocomm for improving its performance day to day.

I am really proud to be Reliancian....................

Gaurang Kansara,

RIM : 93242 78325

RIFWP : 022 3252 1466

Well,I have really suffered due to jam telephones and mobile lines.I have all Reliance phones and mobiles at my offices in Mumbai,Maharashtra and Gujarat.But after 7 pm,all my Reliance mobiles and FWP's stoped working.I even tried calling from my friends GSM phone but that was also not working.Even the MTNL lines had stopped working.My Reliance mobiles and FWP started at about 11pm.When it mattered the most that was between 7pm and 11 pm,the Phones and Mobiles were not working.I have about 5 Reliance FWP and about 8 Reliance mobiles all across Mumbai and suffered due to jammed connections. :( But I really hope all my brothers and sisters across the city are in good health and recover soon. <_<

Well, I wasnt able to get thru (call or sms) to my friends in Bombay ...not even the one on RIM! Some of the SMSes sent reached after several hours of sending them. SMSes to one friend on Airtel however, were getting thru with almost normal speed (didnt try calling him).

IMHO, RIM being CDMA, there should be less congestion than the other GSM operators ...but otherwise, as a whole, it seems no better or worse than others.

Edited by raccoon

I was near Kopar Khairne, ie near DAKC at 7-7:30, but no outgoing calls were going through. But incoming calls were coming. Only SMS could be sent.

i dont think so!! in my area kandivali reliance was working fine but in DADAR where i was stranded yesterday it wasnt

and nither was HUTCH /BPL /AIRTEL was :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

very very s*cky service from these cell phone companies during the time of need

:angry::angry: :angry: :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Arun

I was in Powai, and the mobiles stopped working at about 18:45, and came alive only at about 23:00. I have 3 Reliance Mobiles and a Hutch. And none was better than the other. There were a few incoming calls in between - around 4 (collectively on all phones) but no outgoing.

I had called up *333 at around 19:10, got to an executive (my preferred customer status) and was told that whole of Mumbai is facing the network outage and it should be operational in 2 hrs.

i heard there are rumors around !! that police had jammed all cell phones in the city to stop rumors!! but a official word came out from A N ROY last night that they never did jam the networks nor did they tell the cell companies to jam it

so its JUST the fault of these companies!! i made my peace with them during rains !! i knew technical problems occur during heavy rains!! but yesterday the situation was totally different!!

i think its HIGH time these networks are upgraded !!! this kind of performance is only expected from MTNL + BSNL not from private companies :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by abhay

Well, I do not blame the cell companies entirely for the fault. It is just that no engineering system is designed for such eventualities the probability of whose occurance is so low.

It is similar to what happened on 26/7, no engineer would design the drainage system of any city to withstand 934 mm of rain in a single day when the actual average maxima is around 300 mm. Similarly, no phone company would design its switching network to simultaneously handle calls from each of its phones.

However, looking at the trend of recent times, maybe the phone companies should upgrade their switches - but then the big question who will adsorb the cost?

It is not the fault of the Cell companies.It was the govt that had instructed the Cell companies to jam their networks for security reasons.I know they are not accepting it now,but thats the truth. :angry: Atleast Reliance Info is very well equipped to handle such situations.Even on 26/7,Only Reliance mobiles were working across Mumbai.And after 26/7 they have upgraded further to face such situations. :angry:

Abhay, AFAIK they had jammed the networks on purpose.

hmm dont know but my comments are entirely based on A N ROY saying that "they have not asked the operators to jam the lines" << heard it on the radio

Hehe ...you gotta know that a lot of things told to us are not anywhere close to the facts.

Puneet, true that the networks are not designed to handle the kind of traffic in crisis situations like these, but I feel at least there should be some sort of queue for the calling traffic (& SMS of course) ...and the caller should be informed that the route is busy or whatever. This did not happen yesterday ...or maybe it was because the lines were deliberately jammed. Furthemore the telcos shoudl at least issue a notice confirming that deliberate jamming was in place ...or otherwise.

I was getting "Network Busy" on my Nokia, howeer, on LG/Samsung the call would just disappear - maybe its a design fault of the handset.

As for jamming, I guess we can only make a guess - but when I was standing in the direct site of a Reliance tower (about 50 m as the crow flies), I could get CC in one go and could also contact my wife on RIM who was under the coverage of the same tower at that time. However, I was not able to call up my Mom who was about a kilometer away. But had there been a systematic jam ordered by the security agencies, we would not have been able to make even a single call. I guess it was system overload.

Hi,

Even I do stay in Powai and I get very strong signal at my home all the time. Yesterday it was strange. My mobiles and FWP were showing wavering signal. Very weak signals and the signal goes off the moment I dial a number or I get any call (Only one call I received ). During 26/7 I had uninterrupted service of Reliance and I appreciated it a lot. But yesterday it was totally opposite. I had to depend my MTNL land line, which I use only for broadband, to contact my friends and relatives staying at western suburbs and other places. Not evern SMS was working. Strangely I could contact reliance numbers of my friends staying at Western Suburbs through my MTNL landline. I don't know what it prove. But I started distrusting Reliance. This happened during 6.45 p.m. to around 10.00 p.m. Then everything became normal again. Only after 10.00 people could contact me through my reliance number.

Regards

Hehe ...you gotta know that a lot of things told to us are not anywhere close to the facts.

jamming was in place ...or otherwise.

jamming or no jamming !! but we all do agree with one point in principal

** CELL networks in mumbai should improve itself ** anyhow @ any cost **

otherwise the troubles we have gone through during RAINS + BLASTS would continue to horrify us

in addition to raccoon's suggestion of having a que for calls i would suggest that

1) we should have some kind of emergency list ( 1 or 2 numbers) probably so that we can @least inform our relatives of our well being

these kind of emergency numbers should be working during times of emergency (like rains or blasts) even if other numbers don't tend to pass through . some thing similar to most preffred status customers in reliance who get through without waiting

i would even pay for having such kind of facility :)

Edited by abhay

Well, even if just SMSes would get through, you guys can at least inform others that you are safe or whatever. But even this was not working in most cases! In fact new SMS issues (discussed in other threads) have cropped up even otherwise. Network overload is a fact ...but from the user's point of view it is at times like this that a cell phone is MOST important ...and not so much for the other small talk that is indulged in at "normal" times. And when it gives up on you when you need it the most, is when its the most frustrating.

As for the 1st post of this thread, thanking ADA ...I just don't see what to thank him about. The network has just gradually deteriorated since hes been at the helm. Thats all I can think of thanking him for, right now!

the blasts cant really prove that reliance has the finest network in the country. Agreed that everyone wants to share their experience on this forum. However, whenever some1 buys a connection, they dont see whether that connection would work the best in such senarios and therefore opt for that connection. u really cant conclude that because the connection was working and the others weren't... reliance would be the finest in the country.. i mean thats how uve made it sound like..

Edited by vb86

reliance's network had failed just as other networks if it at all was a case of overload. the fact remains that communication networks fail us every single time when we need them the most!

Abhay, I dont know about u but I surely dont want Mumbai to see rains or blasts ever again...

reliance's network had failed just as other networks if it at all was a case of overload. the fact remains that communication networks fail us every single time when we need them the most!

Abhay, I dont know about u but I surely dont want Mumbai to see rains or blasts ever again...

even i don't want to see mumbai in any kinda MESS again :) but IF it happens again i just want to use/get some emergency calls !! even if i don't get through other numbers its ok

so that @least i can make sure and tell my close ones that im ok and get to know about their well being

well as raccoon said even SMS in that case would do!! if the calls are not viable option!!

i just want something with which i can contact 2/3 numbers during emergency's

IS THAT A LOT TO ASK ???

Edited by abhay

I was in the Mantralaya area post the blasts. My RIM phone was working perfectly and I could get thru to other RIM numers across the city. BUt I could not get thru to other networks. How is it that some users experienced good service and others did not?

I was in the Mantralaya area post the blasts. My RIM phone was working perfectly and I could get thru to other RIM numers across the city. BUt I could not get thru to other networks. How is it that some users experienced good service and others did not?

might be it depended area you were in OR the area in which the Called Party was in :D

that can happen, maybe at the place and time you tried there could have been lesser congestion... good for you !

Mobile phone networks were not blocked by the police, but it was the congestion which caused the problems.

With 85 lakh cellphones fighting for a small patch of bandwidth, networks crashed.

"If the base station's capacity is less, even the network is probably under-provided for. It is better therefore to try and send SMSes to avoid putting any pressure on the network," says Secretary of Bombay Telephone Users' Association, Achintya Mukherji .

Had the mobile phones worked in those crucial hours, maybe precious lives could have been saved and precious time could have been saved.

If SMS was used instead of callling, six times more contacts would have been made and networks would have stayed up.

But the SMSs would have gone through only if everyone did that instead of calling, which isn't practical either.

This is what he suggests to avoid such situations in future...

* The Government should facilitate availability of Spectrum. Spectrum is radio frequency through which voice and data travels. Operators in Mumbai have already crossed the benchmark for allocation of additional spectrum, but it has not been made available as it is a scarce commodity.

* Mobile operators should share cell sites or towers with each other. This practice has just started in Delhi with four cell sites now being shared by multiple operators.This needs to be made a pan-India affair.

* There's a need for Infrastructure sharing to be made mandatory. The telecom regulator should look into the possibility of mandatory infrastructure sharing.

* Finally, clearance for setting up cell sites in congested areas should be given. Operators complain that it is a Herculean task to get clearance from local authorities to set up towers. This process needs to be made more operator friendly. The more the towers the better the connectivity.

"If the base station's capacity is less, even the network is probably under-provided for. It is better therefore to try and send SMSes to avoid putting any pressure on the network," says Secretary of Bombay Telephone Users' Association, Achintya Mukherji .

Since SMSes use the control channel for transmission, they shouldn't interfere with voice calls. Hence it should have been possible at least for SMSes to get thru. But this was not the case on the day of the blasts! Except the messages I sent to an Airtel in Andheri, which got thru with near normal speeds. Strangely, even messages I sent to a Bombay RIM got thru only several hours later! So the moral seems to be that may it be SMSes or voice calls, CDMA or GSM ....they all give up the ghost when you REALLY need them! Most notably, RIM inspite using CDMA does not seem to be any better ....good tech but BAD implementation is what its always looked like!