Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheMafioso

Which Handset

Hi guys,

I'm planning to upgrade my old Reliance Handset LG RD2030, to a new one.

I thinking of going for a camera phone.

I want to know which handsets are available with 1mp or up camera with Reliance. Also please tell me the approx prices...

Thanx

I found only 6155, I bought for 10k, I chose because it had WAP browsing not R WORLD

^^yeah, i was thinking about going for 6155 as it has good features but only got 14mb memory :)

There's also some kyocera kx2 phone, having an mp cam. But i am not very confident about quality of kyocera phones...can anyone give me any insight on that ??

And BTW when is the Razr for reliance expected ??

why dont you wait for one more week for the much awaited nokia 6265

now all lg color h/s coming with 2100 talktime with new connection

Well 6265 looks like it wud cost a bomb, my max budget would be arnd 12k's. Guess i have to go for 6155 no other options, huh ?

Well kshah (or any other member) can you tell me 2 things about the Nokia 6155:

1. Will i be able to use R-Connect (internet on PC) service from this phone

2. Does it heat up on using long times..

Also please tell me how is your experiance with this phone, has it got any issues, how would you rate the phone on scale of 10.

Thanks

Edited by TheMafioso

Well 6265 looks like it wud cost a bomb, my max budget would be arnd 12k's. Guess i have to go for 6155 no other options, huh ?

1. Will i be able to use R-Connect (internet on PC) service from this phone YES

2. Does it heat up on using long times.. YES, it has too but less than other phones

Also please tell me how is your experiance with this phone, has it got any issues, how would you rate the phone on scale of 10.

Thanks

I state again, 6155 supports WAP browser, Install Opera Mini and see what type of freedom you get. Install Flurrymail and you have acess to all your POP mail. Or u can use yahoo mail to check your pop mails. I dont know how reliance charge, wether they charge for RWORLD OR R CONNECT. It has the best battery life I have seen. About 60-72 hours of total time with more than 150 minutes of talk time. And typical nokia advantage of good software, cheaper data cable and accessories and good quality batteries.

I am not able to send MMS to any mobile subscribers, but can send MMS to E mail address. This is the only problem I have seen, since I never use MMS I am least bothered and never contacted reliance for the same.

Edited by Puneet

Hi how could u use opera mini?

When I try it on my 6255 it says security error, network access not allowed.

How did u use it?

trying to access Flurrymail

HOW CAN YOU ACCESS WAP SITE WITHOUT R-SURF OF R-WORLD.

PLEASE EXPLAIN CLEARLY

6155 is WAP enabled. None of the other handsets are. Though N6255 and N6235 have WAP capabilities, they have been disabled. And even if you mirror the settings of 6155 onto 6235 you will get HTTP Error: 403 Forbidden. I am not sure about LG phones, if they are WAP enabled or not. R-Surf is a Java client for WAP browsing.

I meant that if phone is WAP enabled, currently only 6155 is. Then you can bypass expensive (I think) R WORLD as in RWORLD we pay per use or per day or per bla bla bla. Its is pretty expensive. Also requests passes through pathatic Reliance gateways or proxy (Half the time they are down). Where as in WAP enabled handset, I can use Flurrymail and Opera Mini directly.

Tanveer, please dont try it on 6255, it will not work.

R WORLD is java enabled client, but uses unknown authentication method. So infact PPP connection is not open for clients other than one provided by reliance.

1. Will i be able to use R-Connect (internet on PC) service from this phone YES

2. Does it heat up on using long times.. YES, it has too but less than other phones

Thanks

I state again, 6155 supports WAP browser, Install Opera Mini and see what type of freedom you get. Install Flurrymail and you have acess to all your POP mail. Or u can use yahoo mail to check your pop mails. I dont know how reliance charge, wether they charge for RWORLD OR R CONNECT. It has the best battery life I have seen. About 60-72 hours of total time with more than 150 minutes of talk time. And typical nokia advantage of good software, cheaper data cable and accessories and good quality batteries.

I am not able to send MMS to any mobile subscribers, but can send MMS to E mail address. This is the only problem I have seen, since I never use MMS I am least bothered and never contacted reliance for the same.

WHy this post is edited???? :confuse::rolleyes:

Changed "... I am list bothered..." to "... I am least bothered..." :confuse: .

Thanks, I am sorry for error.

Thanx for the detailed reply kshah, but i wud like to know if i can access internet on PC using this phone(the R-connect service i'm talking about), its important for me as i need it with my laptop, when i don't have a wired internet conx...

Regards,

Yes, you can connect using DKU-2 cable. Cables are available cheap for 200 bucks in market.

I got for 70 :D

Quality :D It dosent hav serial converter circuit like dku5, were all companies chip dosent provide d speed,Quality & compatibility. : Explanation as per my knowledge status :grin:

Quality! huh

I have been using it for almost a year now. Even if it burns to ashes I wont mind.

And correction I bought it for 90 and not 70!

Edited by tanveer