Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

All New Samsung Hero Launched On Indicom

First Theft Tracking CDMA Phone

Techtree News Staff Email Print

Jul 19, 2006

Samsung India has announced the launch of the Samsung Hero, positioned as the country's first Anti-theft Mobile Tracker and Emergency SOS Alert CDMA phone.

According to the company, the new handset is targeted at consumers who want the twin benefits of high quality mobility and affordability.

A slim and stylish phone, the Samsung Hero prominently features an anti-theft mobile tracker, as also an emergency SOS alert.

Commenting on the launch, H C Ryu, managing director, Samsung India, said, "We are pleased to launch the country's first phone with Anti Theft Mobile Tracker feature and Emergency SOS alert system. These features add to the everyday safety of consumers, and minimize the pain of losing one's Mobile Phone . With the launch of Hero, Tata Indicom customers will be the first to enjoy this technology introduced by Samsung in the country."

The Anti Theft Mobile Tracker, according to the company, has been introduced for the first time by Samsung and Tata Indicom. In the event the phone is stolen, and the number is replaced, the feature enables the handset to automatically send an SMS to up to two pre-selected numbers, giving the contact number of the new user without his/her knowledge.

The other feature, the Emergency SOS Alert, is meant to ensure that help is close- at-hand in the user's hour-of-need.

When the user senses trouble, all he/she has to do is press the "C" key four times, and the handset automatically sends-out an SOS SMS to up to 10 numbers pre-selected by the user. The SMS alerts receivers that the user needs help. Upon calling back the user, his/her handset automatically receives calls, thereby facilitating instant communication.

The Samsung Hero mobile handset is immediately available through Tata Indicom True Value Shops and True Value Hubs for Rs 1,499, and comes along with seven days validity plus Rs 50 worth of initial talk time.

Home | News | Telecom

Link Courtesy: http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/artic...&cat_id=613

Enjooooooooooooooooooooooooy.

The anti theft feature is cool, but the other SOS feature needs a lot of imagination to think of any use.

I don't see any hope of seeing this in Reliance. Reliance is too busy bringing out different skins of LG 2330/2650 chip.

Very true, they are bringing out low end models and want to charge high end charges for all services now. Ha Ha Ha

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I just got one now.. Dont know abt the use of all these anti theft features.. But the handset is a beauty. Bright white display, large screen, nice tones, easy to use keypad (easy to press),.... At Rs.1499 it is worth every rupee.. A good change after seeing multiple copies of reliance lg 2340 phones.

See how it imitates the slider phones?! the above part is black, to look like a slider. and below buttons are colored ignorable gray, to highlight black. cool concept.

It's old story harshal discussed earlier in d forum about every aspect. :confuse:

Hey..If some1 can tell me..What excatly is anti-theft feature and how excatly it works?

Thanks in advance..CHeers!!

I am actually using this phone now. battery is great. The best thing is the rich glossy look and the bright white screen. A big change from the dull reliance lg. One small disadvantage is that due to glossy finish, fingerprints are noticable in daylight.

About the anti theft feature, there is a mobile tracker menu which needs to be enabled(protected by password). It works like this.. Suppose someone stole ur phone. (Hopefully u enabled the mobile tracking appln. before). Now the thief would definitely put a new T-sim in it. The phone will then send an sms from the new t-sim to 2 preprogrammed numbers(set by u before) thereby allowing u to know the number of the thief. This sms will be sent without the knowledge of the thief by the phone itself.

HeHe i.e. ne educated & knowledgeble thief cannot put his hand on this phone :D:grin::lol: otherwise khallas, also owner should also know d feature of d phone.

I am fed up with dull looking Reliance phones....going for a new Samsung HERO handset from TataIndicom just because the handset looks and works great.... will gradually stop using my reliance handset Samsung N-191

Cheers!

Are SAMSUNG Hero & NEXT available as of July 2008 ?