Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
peerbaba27

LG RD 8000 Chocolate Phone

What I heard was It does not have an expandable memory & have a bluetooth with partial capability (can be used only for transfering Pics)

May be I am wrong. but this is what I heard from my friend.

Walker.

yes bluetooth is having partial connectivity (only for transfer of images and contacts. does not support transfer of mp3 & videos)

NO expandable memory .No memory slot . No infrared . No Fm radio . No MMS. NO games .

phonebook of 1000 entries with 3 numbers , 2 email id

Edited by supernova

The Product note mentions 11 hours of Video Recording. How damn is it possible without external memory?? :confuse:

@shaikhsadik: The pic posted shows some external card. What is it?? Looks like a memory (mini SD) card.

thats right. sadik.

is that why u r confused! :confuse:

Picture Posted is not LGRD8000 is might be of RS 8500

RD8000 dont have Round Ipod type button of face

RD8000 have Square Touch Censors on Face

humm.. need to double check then.. :confuse:

So folks, which is the real Chocolate phone - the one shown by munnabhai or the RD 8000 one???

Chocolate CDMA phone has gone for several updates in USA like Vx8000/Vx8100/Vx8200/VX8300/Vx8400/VX8500/VX8600.

The lateset one is VX8600 which is flip type.

Most famous of them is VX8500 which slide type and has been posted by Shaikhsadik.

What we've now in India is the oldest version which may be equivalent to Vx8000 in features and not look-wise.

V-> verizon

Just it shows how far we're from USA.

thats right. sadik.

is that why u r confused! :confuse:

Yes!!

Anyways LG still thinks 65MB is big storage, As now we getting 2GB for 1k in expandable.

This handest is utterly waste of money.

In one word -- Chicks phone.

The Phone should be Priced at Rs. 8000 as (LG8000) :confuse:

If they have Just Included Expandable Memoru they could be sold it on price tag of 12000 but now it is worth rs. 8000 and no more comparing Nokia 6275

If they have Just Included Expandable Memoru they could be sold it on price tag of 12000 but now it is worth rs. 8000 and no more comparing Nokia 6275

So now it is certain that our Chocolate is equivalent to Vx8000 ---->>> RD8000.

This model has no external memory, limited BT, etc. Any idea what's the price?

not worth the price..

cud buy it for 8000.. but not more than that.. even that much just for its looks..

noooooo, damn i just bought nokia 2865 yesterday, none of the guys at delhi WW told me about that :dontknow:

Don't repent dude. for me, 2865 is doing great job in 6k, rather than spending almost double on chocolate. the softwares installed in 2865, esp the bluetooch remote control, is really making life much easier. ya, if LG chocolate would be at 8k, then i'd join u in :confuse: , but 11k seems much costlier just for looks, not even expandable memory. for that money, i think N6275 is a good choice.

noooooo, damn i just bought nokia 2865 yesterday, none of the guys at delhi WW told me about that :dontknow:

Don't repent dude. for me, 2865 is doing great job in 6k, rather than spending almost double on chocolate. the softwares installed in 2865, esp the bluetooch remote control, is really making life much easier. ya, if LG chocolate would be at 8k, then i'd join u in :confuse: , but 11k seems much costlier just for looks, not even expandable memory. for that money, i think N6275 is a good choice.

i do agree with ani,

spending 11k on 6275 would be much intelligent & 'value for money' choice than spending 11k on LG chocolate, which has half the features of 6275.

i would only buy a handset like chocolate if its priced between 7-8k.

its not chocolate- but its CREAM for Relaince.- & they are whipping the cream while they can.

Talk about increased profitability of last quater, then ppl wait for this years result. Cause with more such phones... Relaince is gonna make loads of moolah by selling dumb handsets at premium.

noooooo, damn i just bought nokia 2865 yesterday, none of the guys at delhi WW told me about that :winko:

Don't repent dude. for me, 2865 is doing great job in 6k, rather than spending almost double on chocolate. the softwares installed in 2865, esp the bluetooch remote control, is really making life much easier. ya, if LG chocolate would be at 8k, then i'd join u in :( , but 11k seems much costlier just for looks, not even expandable memory. for that money, i think N6275 is a good choice.

hehe...i guess u'r right, moreso after i read the review link of it, posted on the thread's first page..

But thing is phone wasn't for me, it was for Dad and he wanted to spend more, on a good looking phone and he won't be using most of the features....I agree 6275 is good phone feature wise, but lookwise it just dosen't justify 11k, so didn't let dad go for it...

Also like to add one thing, all the LG & Nokia clamshell's have gone off the market now except for the puny n2255..so they're aren't any good lookin sets for reliance now, except for this..

Edited by TheMafioso

Guys & Gals --- "Roop mat dekho goon dekho, Roop to aaj hai aur kal nahi. Goon sashwat hai, Roop toh man ko lalchane ki maya hai. ....."

No! not me, My philosophy teacher told me this.

Btw, in todays market, any mobile above 10K must have camera, memory capability, music capability and connectivity features.

Nokia, Sony, Samsung all of them continously try to pack as many features as possible and at the same time try to keep prices lower. And they have thus set benchmark for phones and features.

On the other hand, LG trys to differ. It mostly misses some or the other feature or capability, which makes it hard decision to buy LG phones.

chocolate candy bars are good to look, salivate and eat. :rofl_200: but how can you use them as 'phones'. :NOTriste:

especially high priced.

flaunt it.. keep it. :Confuso:

use something else to call and receive.. a real phone. :Contento:

yeah 2865 is real worth of money me also enjoying the experience of 2865 its a fabulous phone only cons: no expandable memory

I don't know what holding them to launch phones same time when they do it in USA, on verizon LG8500 same chocolate series with better features is about to out-dated now, and they launching 8000 here. cant understand their policies.

Well guys, I saw the phone yesterday at the WWE. Looks gudd at 11.2k. However, has touch screen function for main keys on the sliding side. May not be that user friendly as u need to practice a lot to get a hold on it....

Also No Expandable slot for memory, that confirmed. Has inbuilt 128 mb

Menus and icons are really cool. Looks like wiindows Vista!! :winko: