Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Surprised to see the reply this way!! Corporate center has same information as what a phone support guy has. He says CDMA do not support WAP. I mailed him saying we were able to access the WAP sites begining of August, and also CDMA supports WAP because tata indicom is supporting the same without any charges.

What I can say is: Reliance is using state of art communication technology driven by fools.

send those nerds the screenshots that I had posted in my review thread showing WAP access.

There are also screenshots that show wap surfing in 6155, posted by Kshah.

I think we should post them those pics and ask them how we hacked in, if they do not alow this service.

Reliance is a bunch of idiots, liars, cheats.....all included in One

It is now headed by a bade-baap-ka-beta who cares a damn for customers...

Can RSURF application be downloaded in our phone NOKIA 6265.???

Yesterday I went to a webworld near my house to enquire about WAP services. As expected, the lady there had no idea of what WAP is! It seemed as if she was hearing that word for the first time.

Then, I asked her why dont I have the RSURF option in my new phone.

She told me that I have to go to a Nokia Service Centre and download that application in my phone!!

Is it true????? I dont trust that lady. However, I have taken the addresses of Nokia Service Centres and I have not yet tried it. Does anybody know anyhting about it?

Can RSURF really be downloaded to our phones???????????

I recieved this mail in regard to the WAP services from the Service Assurance Cell.

Dear Customer,

Greetings of the day!

This is in response to your concern regarding inability to access WAP sites on your Nokia 6265 handset for your Reliance Mobile number 93XXXXXXXX.

As per the confirmation received from the concerned technical team, we would like to inform you that you will be able to browse Reliance Mobile World which offers you a whole host of content related services.

Currently, you will not be able access any non-Reliance WAP sites. We will inform you via SMS once this facility is made available to you.

Your patience in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard and we understand your concern regarding delay in reply from our side.

We are committed to serve you the best and value your association with us and we look forward to taking our valuable relationship to even greater heights.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.reliancecommunications.co.in or write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or Reliance Hello Phone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Shiuli Deb

Service Assurance

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

So guys i don't think its going to be a long wait before they start the service...if at all they plan to do it.

I still feel that we should all start threatening them with legal action through consumer court because they discontinued a service without any notice. If you notice even their site gives an indication that you can surf the web on the 6265. I'm sending them a threatennig mail now.....anyone knows the exact TRI ruling on discontinuation of service without notice to consumers?? please enlighten us.

I went looking around for a mini SD card for my phone in Bangalore this weekend.

I went around a few shops including the big authorised Nokia dealers.... i found the Kingston card to be the best bet. the original one with bill and warranty (1GB) was available for about 3K.

None of the original NCP cards worked on the phone ( i tried from 128MB to 1GB)

found a shop selling YES cards too....it was a 512 MB card and woked fine.

Kingston 2GB card was also supperted but it tok a bit long to open the gallery and extras with that card on board.

I've finally purchased a fake Kingston card for 1400. it seems to be working fine...

It means they will never enable WAP services for Non RWORLD sites. Belive me. Ofcourse now I am not bothered as I use PDA and enjoy full fledged browsing and e mailing.

I would say my experience:

1) I use 2GB Kingston miniSD card and it works well. The speed is much better than the card provided by Nokia along with the handset.

can you plz help me, i have 1 gb kingston card with me but my phone is showing unformated card

how can i use my card in my mobile as i m trying it since morning but not able to make it working

:Sorprendido::SI::Contento::Riendo:

Edited by mr.sanjeev

Do any of you guys have a problem with 1GB mem cards not being supported on the new 6265? I tried a few brands of 1GB mini SD cards on the phone and they show up as "unformatted" with no option to actually format them. Even if you take the card out and format it on a card reader and put it back in the phone, it still shows up as "unformatted". This seems to have been an issue on Nokia 6265 which has been discussed on another forum. I am putting a link thru to that discussion here http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Forum...mp;TopicId=6292

In that forum they've kind of isolated it down to being a compatibility of certain brands with the 6265, and it seems only the Kingston brand of SD cards in the 1gb capacity work on 6265.

I have placed an order for a Kingston mini sd card with my vendor but I still havent received it so I'm waiting to see how it goes.

Have any of you chaps had a similar problem with 1 GB cards on the 6265? Hope you can give me some input on other compatible brands which work on the 6265 :-)

i have 2 kingston 1 gb card my phone is not supporting any off them. i dont know what to do plz help :Sorprendido:

Hi

I have read all the posts and find out that WAP is not working currently, I want to know if WAP is working

can we surf normal websites as we do with Internet Explorer. Please let me know

Thanks

Hi

I have read all the posts and find out that WAP is not working currently, I want to know if WAP is working

can we surf normal websites as we do with Internet Explorer. Please let me know

Thanks

No even if WAP is working, you can not browse all sites. With opera mini browser, you can many but lay out is always very bad. Even browsing is little more cumbersome. There are limitations for active pages, java scripts and plug ins.

But WAP is more functional than stupid R WORLD interface.

I wonder if RIM user will eve :P r get access to WAP again. :Riendo::D

hey i m using nokia 6265 n i m facing this problem.wen i go in ne paid service in r -world for eg:- my tunes. i get an error - certificate not on phone or uim.does ne one else is facing this problem n neone else have solution to this problem.

hi Guys..

This relates to the use of PC suite with the phone.

I was using pc suite version 6.8 till a few days back but was facing a strange problem...while transferring images from the phone the pc suite was not able to recognize the images already transferred during previous transfer process and each time used to create more and more copies of images already transferred from phone to the pc in the my pictures folder.

I updated to the latest version i.e. 6.81 and the problem got solved but now when i use the music manager and convert the music files into AAC or eAAC+ format and transfer the files onto the phone, the music player displays the files and some chinese looking script. the routine mp3 tracks are displayed correctly.

I trying to get around this problem....does anyone have a clue?

Also what audio convertor is available apart from pc suite to convert music files into AAC or eAAC+ format?

Edited by docsinghal

Thanks Schumi,

now i am able to use net thru BT infact i am replying to you using it thanks once again

Regards

Hi,

I am trying to connect my laptop to internet using 6265 as bluetooth modem by following steps

1.Switch on the bluetooth on your Nokia 6265 handset.

2.Make your handset in discoverable mode.

3.Insert the Bluetooth dongle in your Laptop and start the Bluetooth software that you have installed.

3.Then there must be a option of Device discovery or Searh for device in your Bluetooth software.

4.After the search has been completed it should show your handset in the search list.

5.Then right click on your handset name on your laptop and click on Pair device.

6.It will ask for a code,just enter any code and enter the same in your handset when it ask for it.

7.Now your handset should be connected to your laptop.

It gets connected to laptop now, after selecting bluetooth modem under network options it asks access point there i leave it blank and then for ISP there i give reliance and for username and password i give my rim no but connection is rejected. can some one tell the right steps of procedure for this.I am using bluesoleil by ivt corporation bluetooth dongle

I have already posted the steps on Page 4,post number 48 under this topic only.Anyways I am listing the steps again :

1.Activate R-Connect on your number(It should be already activated).

2.Connect the handset and the laptop via Bluetooth.

3.Goto Control Panel>Printer and Other hardware>Phone n Modem options>Click on Modem tab>Click on the Bluetooth modem(Bluetooth DUN modem mostly)>Click on Properties>Advanced>In Extra Commands type at+crm=1;+cso=33.

4.Click on the Bluetooth Dial up Networking service which will be there in your Bluetooth software.Enter your username and password(Your mobile number without 0) and the Dialling number #777.

5.Thats it,I think you should get connected after you follow these steps.

Hi Schumi,

I tried everything you have mentioned here abt connecting to rconnect with BT, but have failed so far. All other BT services like object push, file transfer is possible except DUN. I use a Bluesoleil dongle on my laptop. Can you point out what else could be wrong?

Yunus.

hi Guys..

This relates to the use of PC suite with the phone.

I was using pc suite version 6.8 till a few days back but was facing a strange problem...while transferring images from the phone the pc suite was not able to recognize the images already transferred during previous transfer process and each time used to create more and more copies of images already transferred from phone to the pc in the my pictures folder.

I updated to the latest version i.e. 6.81 and the problem got solved but now when i use the music manager and convert the music files into AAC or eAAC+ format and transfer the files onto the phone, the music player displays the files and some chinese looking script. the routine mp3 tracks are displayed correctly.

I trying to get around this problem....does anyone have a clue?

Also what audio convertor is available apart from pc suite to convert music files into AAC or eAAC+ format?

i dunno abt the pc suite prob but imtoo audio encoder can convert mp3 to aac....it works n i ve tested it....

but very frankly those darn aac filez arent any smaller in size than mp3z making the whole conversion pointless....

If u cant find the converter i ll upload it...

Do any of you guys have a problem with 1GB mem cards not being supported on the new 6265? I tried a few brands of 1GB mini SD cards on the phone and they show up as "unformatted" with no option to actually format them. Even if you take the card out and format it on a card reader and put it back in the phone, it still shows up as "unformatted". This seems to have been an issue on Nokia 6265 which has been discussed on another forum. I am putting a link thru to that discussion here http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Forum...mp;TopicId=6292

In that forum they've kind of isolated it down to being a compatibility of certain brands with the 6265, and it seems only the Kingston brand of SD cards in the 1gb capacity work on 6265.

I have placed an order for a Kingston mini sd card with my vendor but I still havent received it so I'm waiting to see how it goes.

Have any of you chaps had a similar problem with 1 GB cards on the 6265? Hope you can give me some input on other compatible brands which work on the 6265 :-)

i have 2 kingston 1 gb card my phone is not supporting any off them. i dont know what to do plz help :D

Please Help Me!!!!

Thanks Schumi,

now i am able to use net thru BT infact i am replying to you using it thanks once again

Regards

Hi,

I am trying to connect my laptop to internet using 6265 as bluetooth modem by following steps

1.Switch on the bluetooth on your Nokia 6265 handset.

2.Make your handset in discoverable mode.

3.Insert the Bluetooth dongle in your Laptop and start the Bluetooth software that you have installed.

3.Then there must be a option of Device discovery or Searh for device in your Bluetooth software.

4.After the search has been completed it should show your handset in the search list.

5.Then right click on your handset name on your laptop and click on Pair device.

6.It will ask for a code,just enter any code and enter the same in your handset when it ask for it.

7.Now your handset should be connected to your laptop.

It gets connected to laptop now, after selecting bluetooth modem under network options it asks access point there i leave it blank and then for ISP there i give reliance and for username and password i give my rim no but connection is rejected. can some one tell the right steps of procedure for this.I am using bluesoleil by ivt corporation bluetooth dongle

I have already posted the steps on Page 4,post number 48 under this topic only.Anyways I am listing the steps again :

1.Activate R-Connect on your number(It should be already activated).

2.Connect the handset and the laptop via Bluetooth.

3.Goto Control Panel>Printer and Other hardware>Phone n Modem options>Click on Modem tab>Click on the Bluetooth modem(Bluetooth DUN modem mostly)>Click on Properties>Advanced>In Extra Commands type at+crm=1;+cso=33.

4.Click on the Bluetooth Dial up Networking service which will be there in your Bluetooth software.Enter your username and password(Your mobile number without 0) and the Dialling number #777.

5.Thats it,I think you should get connected after you follow these steps.

Hi Schumi,

I tried everything you have mentioned here abt connecting to rconnect with BT, but have failed so far. All other BT services like object push, file transfer is possible except DUN.

This is the error I get Connection Error 633 : The modem (or other connecting Decice) is already in use or not configured properly.

I use a Bluesoleil dongle on my laptop.

One more thing, I can use rconnect thru Infrared so username/pass/phonenumber settings are correct. Can you point out what else could be wrong?

Yunus.

Hi Schumi,

I tried everything you have mentioned here abt connecting to rconnect with BT, but have failed so far. All other BT services like object push, file transfer is possible except DUN. I use a Bluesoleil dongle on my laptop. Can you point out what else could be wrong?

Yunus.

Well I have mentioned all the steps above and its strange that you are still facing this problem. :P

I would advice you to recheck each step properly. :Riendo:

And also try the following steps maybe it will help you.

Step 1 : Goto Network connections in your PC.

Step 2 : In dialup there will be Bluetooth DUN Connection then right click on it and goto Properties.

Step 3 : Under General just check which Modem is ticked.

Step 4 : Bluetooth DUN Modem should be ticked and all others should be unticked.

I hope you get connected using these steps and if not then try contacting Reliance R-Connect dept on *333. :D

i dunno abt the pc suite prob but imtoo audio encoder can convert mp3 to aac....it works n i ve tested it....

but very frankly those darn aac filez arent any smaller in size than mp3z making the whole conversion pointless....

If u cant find the converter i ll upload it...

My problem has been resolved after reverting back to the old version of the pc suite.

By the way try compressing the music files into the MP4 (M4A or eAAC+) format....it compresses the files more efficiently abd luckily the phone ssupports it.

I have used the Nokia 6265 handset for just about 24hrs but I have been able to check almost all features of this handset.I think its a good buy for the price between Rs15-17K.It has got many positives and hardly any negatives.Well I have tried tried to describe the features in detail :

Hi Schumi........

I have a Nokia 6265 Reliance Mobile. I am having a Bluetooth Dongle..... How do I use it to Browse ????

1. When I am using Nokia PC Suite Software. it is asking me for the "Access Point" !!!! What is my Access Point??

2. When I am trying to access Dial Up services using the Software which was there with the Bluetooth Dongle (BlueSoleil) i am getting a Dial up prompt but what should be the number which I have to dial to complete the Dial Up Connection ????

The Bluetooth Driver is properly installed as in the Device Manager it is showing thjat it is installed properly and when I am querying my Modem (Bluetooth DUN Modem) . it is saying Connection successful.......

Please respond in this forum or to kingking3@rediffmail.com

Thanks in advance.........

King

Well I have mentioned all the steps above and its strange that you are still facing this problem. :(

I would advice you to recheck each step properly. :Confuso:

And also try the following steps maybe it will help you.

Step 1 : Goto Network connections in your PC.

Step 2 : In dialup there will be Bluetooth DUN Connection then right click on it and goto Properties.

Step 3 : Under General just check which Modem is ticked.

Step 4 : Bluetooth DUN Modem should be ticked and all others should be unticked.

I hope you get connected using these steps and if not then try contacting Reliance R-Connect dept on *333. :)

Hi Schumi,

Rconnect has started via BT now. All I did was simply un-install & re-intall Bluesoleil software & DUN started working perfectly !

One problem still remains....Can't connect my 6265 thru pc suite via BT. It says no BT devices found. I tried thru IR & it's working perfectly....What is wrong here ?

Yunus

Hi Schumi........

I have a Nokia 6265 Reliance Mobile. I am having a Bluetooth Dongle..... How do I use it to Browse ????

1. When I am using Nokia PC Suite Software. it is asking me for the "Access Point" !!!! What is my Access Point??

2. When I am trying to access Dial Up services using the Software which was there with the Bluetooth Dongle (BlueSoleil) i am getting a Dial up prompt but what should be the number which I have to dial to complete the Dial Up Connection ????

The Bluetooth Driver is properly installed as in the Device Manager it is showing thjat it is installed properly and when I am querying my Modem (Bluetooth DUN Modem) . it is saying Connection successful.......

Please respond in this forum or to kingking3@rediffmail.com

Thanks in advance.........

King

Please read post number 466 on Page number 32 and follow the steps. Also let me inform you that you cannot get connected to the Internet using Nokia Pc suite.You have to use Bluesoliel software.

Hi Schumi,

Rconnect has started via BT now. All I did was simply un-install & re-intall Bluesoleil software & DUN started working perfectly !

One problem still remains....Can't connect my 6265 thru pc suite via BT. It says no BT devices found. I tried thru IR & it's working perfectly....What is wrong here ?

Yunus

Step 1 : Goto Bluetooth Menu in your handset

Step 2 : Bluetooth settings> My phones visibilty > Shown to all.

Step 3 : Try searching again using Nokia Pc suite.If still not showing then >

Step 4: Goto Nokia Pc suite in your Pc > Manage connections > Tick only on Bluetooth(Ivt Bluesoliel) and then Configure.

Step 5 : In the Bluetooth Menu > Goto Paired devices > Options > Pair new device.

Step 6 : It should show your PC and then just type any password in your handset and Pc and you should get connected.

My set's side camera key had stopped working. It seems to have stuck and has become completely non-functional....I took snaps yesterday and it was working well, but today...it is not. Any suggestions?

Edited by basant_jp

I too had a similar problem but then it started working on its own.

I dont mind the camera button but I hope same does not happen with the vilume button

Edited by tanveer

I too had a similar problem but then it started working on its own.

I dont mind the camera button but I hope same does not happen with the vilume button

I too had a similar problem yeasterday but then it started working on its own too....

Gosh! I was thinking that it happened only with me...but no, there are others too..but mine is like dead stuck....not working at all. I will have to visit the sevice center it seems.