Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

i think better go to some service centre and get it clean from there only::

Y to take unneccessarily panga

Greatest shock of this year came to me in form of Nokia 6265. I purchased this set as I frequently use International roaming and really enjoy quality CDMA roaming while in US and Canada. Now, I bought this phone as it is a dual band handset (like Kyocera 7135) and I was sure that it will work in US/Canada. Now, yesterday I tried to download the latest PRL as I am leaving in a couple of days, but could not. I confirmed with Int'l roaming helpdesk and I was told that NOKIA 6265 DOES NOT SUPPORT CDMA INT'L ROAMING.... NOT EVEN ON CDMA 800 BAND!!!!

This set is made for that, only the Reliance network is not ready to support...so disgusting, you can roam with a cheap handset like LG 2030, but not with the most expensive handset available today....On the other hand, Tata has not yet launched this handset but they have already mentioned that this handset will be supported for International Roaming...Simply ignorance!

A bad bad deal for me....I don't have my Kyocera 7135 anymore, and on the last thursday, I even sold my Nokia 6630 GSM.... No triband GSM handset, a Nokia 6265 but does not support Int'l roaming.... Disgusting

@Tanveer

Skype won't work on this phone as Skype mobile is made for smartphones running on windows platform.

Hi,

Are there any updates on whether International CDMA roamin has been enabled for Nokia 6265?

Thanks !

Hi All,

Good News !!! International roaming is supported on Nokia 6265. You have to upgrade your RUIM Card with a new RUIM card available at any Web World. Your new RUIM Card should have the serial number beginning with 'RAX' . This identifies the card as a new v2 card which supports over the air PRL updation. With this new RUIM card the *228 PRL updation will work successfully and you will be ready to roam on CDMA using your Nokia 6265.

Finally we have a big sigh of relief !!! I found this out after raising a complaint on the network people and also threatening them with consequences of selling me International Roaming without CDMA roaming on my phone. Once i raised a complaint, a Techie from the Network team called me in 10 mins and told me that the reason for PRL updation failing when i dial *228 is because i am using a old RUIM Card. I need to use the 'RAX' series RUIM card which allows over the air updation of PRL.

Cheers !!!

Hi All,

Good News !!! International roaming is supported on Nokia 6265. You have to upgrade your RUIM Card with a new RUIM card available at any Web World. Your new RUIM Card should have the serial number beginning with 'RAX' . This identifies the card as a new v2 card which supports over the air PRL updation. With this new RUIM card the *228 PRL updation will work successfully and you will be ready to roam on CDMA using your Nokia 6265.

Finally we have a big sigh of relief !!! I found this out after raising a complaint on the network people and also threatening them with consequences of selling me International Roaming without CDMA roaming on my phone. Once i raised a complaint, a Techie from the Network team called me in 10 mins and told me that the reason for PRL updation failing when i dial *228 is because i am using a old RUIM Card. I need to use the 'RAX' series RUIM card which allows over the air updation of PRL.

Cheers !!!

This is good news. I hope they also come with some good memory RUIM's as that is the only way to increase SMS memory on the phone rightnow.

Please hellp...

i added password to my sd memory card and now it is locked...

i have forgotten the password...

can anyone tell me how to recover the password...

i even tried formatting the card... but it asks for password first...

please helpp somebody...

Hi,

I am using N6265 since some months now... Recently, my display screen is damaged n broken... Plz temme how much it costs..

Thanks in advance :D

Should cost u somewhere around Rs 1500 + labour charges at a local repair shop. Recently my friend has got it changed after the screen went blank.

Hi,

I am using N6265 since some months now... Recently, my display screen is damaged n broken... Plz temme how much it costs..

Thanks in advance :Equivocado:

Hi Guyz..........

Can anyone plz tell me what is the current market price of Nokia 6265 CDMA.

Does anybody know how to clean the back of the screen. there is some dust in back side of my screen.

When you open the slider on the back of the screen you will see rubber tabs, remove those and you will see some screws, you will have to remove those in order to open this. I havent tried it, I think most of us are facing this issue. I dont know how safe this is. Will have to check more on net on how to do this.

Experts, if someone has already done this, then can we have some tips on how to go ahead with this.

From another forum:

There's two torque gauge 4 screws behind the screen, the big rubber black parts at the top hide it. If you remove those you can use an extremely small screwdriver to carefully pry the front screen off.

After that your golden! Dust to your hearts content guys!

please try at your own risk..I do not take any responsibilty if it does not work, or wrecks your phone.

Hi everybody!

Can anyone pls let me know how to install certificates in the nokia 6265? My gmail app after installation fails at signup saying (to the effect that) that required certificate does not exist. A google of other forums suggested getting the root cert from verisign. Did that and copied to uim. But no effect. On a Sony one finds certs installed inside connectivity-internet settings-. But where do i do this on the 6265?

Similarly an attempted install of scanR (Java s/w) results in "certificate not existing". Any ideas?

Thanks

Rajiv

Hello,

Was just browsing thru the phone...

in the Menu-->Settings-->Enhancements there is an option "Text Phone"

Does anyone know the use of this...

Even the user guide doesn't specify anything regarding this !!

Cheers,

Tej

Hello,

Cheers,

Tej

Hi Tejas

this is to use your other Headphone for Reciving and Sending calls

this is what i was told at the Nokia care

Once i had used it for FM calls also with a headset of my friend (nokia 6010i)

wanted to use it for FM again but the Nokia care guys said it can't be done.

Hello,

Cheers,

Tej

Hi Tejas

this is to use your other Headphone for Reciving and Sending calls

this is what i was told at the Nokia care

Once i had used it for FM calls also with a headset of my friend (nokia 6010i)

wanted to use it for FM again but the Nokia care guys said it can't be done.

hello .

i am using a 6265 since 10 monhts..

one problem.. the videos recorderd 0n the fone can b transfered to the laptop

but when i play.. get a error message.. Audio Coded Missing.,,

the movie plays.. without nay audio..

the same vide plays with the audio on the mobile...

1>.can any one send me the coded if i need one

2>. can soem one please send me a convertor so that i can

change the format of the vides to a muchj popular format...

Thanking u..

Abhishek Goyal..

thegoyals@gmail.com

^^^

Use MPlayer or VLC player, so no need for additional codec.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

The best free converter I have used. can convert any video/audio to any other format.

^^^

Use MPlayer or VLC player, so no need for additional codec.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

The best free converter I have used. can convert any video/audio to any other format.

thank u bhai....

downloaded it from http://www.afterdawn.com/software/download_splash.cfm

Edited by jungleeabhi

:)

Hi folks, Just a question about the phone: Does it have aircraft mode?

Thanks for the info.

Fenn

hi

you can have aircraft mode on nokia 6265

aircraft mode mere means that u can use the handset & its data saved in it and u won't have to swicth it off in order to avoid any incoming calls

So u can restrict all incoming call thru u r handset : go to setting : security

there u can restrict all incoming calls

ok

bye

mail me at : arun@zinx.co.in

I think it will if it is RUIM enabled. But then again procuring a RUIM without buying a phone from here will be a hassle i guess.

Ask Ashok regarding this.

are u sure the US phone is RUIM enabled?

Also how much is it going to cost you?

Me too am planning to get 6265

can anyone tell me the price of a 1gb card?

has anyone tried the 2Gb card?

Yes Nokia 6265 supports 2GB card and price is approx. Rs.1000/-

I am using 1GB sandisk micro sd card in nokia 6275. I set password for the memory card, unfortunately i forget the memory card password. Please help in removing the passwork. Thanks in advance.

I set password for the memory card, unfortunately i forget the memory card password. Please help in removing the passwork

Firstly please serch before posting :Decepcionado::NOTriste: the answer is allready in one of the threads i guess this same thread

simplest way is, connect the card to a pc using a card reader and then format it you can use it ( if you dont have relevent data onto it)

I have been posted to Doha (Qatar) have to join there on 1st june: but guys i cannot throw this expensive handset here.

Qatar doesn't has a CDMA network. And 6265 will not work there.

But you can always gift it to me before you leave for Qatar :Chulo:

Hi everyone,

I am relocating to the UK (England) for work reasons. Is there any CDMA service provider there as Europe is predominantly GSM. If yes, will my 6265 work there? Please help.

Thanks in anticipation.

I have been posted to Doha (Qatar) have to join there on 1st june: but guys i cannot throw this expensive handset here.

Qatar doesn't has a CDMA network. And 6265 will not work there.

But you can always gift it to me before you leave for Qatar :Contento:

Hi everyone,

I am relocating to the UK (England) for work reasons. Is there any CDMA service provider there as Europe is predominantly GSM. If yes, will my 6265 work there? Please help.

Thanks in anticipation.

your CDMA will work only on the following countries

Australia

Bangladesh

Canada

China

Hong Kong

Indonesia

Israel

Jamaica

New Zealand

Taiwan

Thailand

USA

Rest of the countries GSM networks, but u can carry same number around the world

visit http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...nationroam2.jsp for more details

for more details

Can i receive the files transferred by BT/ IR directly to memory card??

Can i receive the files transferred by BT/ IR directly to memory card??

No way to do that

yuo can find your files only in the Recieved files folder <_<

1.I want to know what is the sms capacity of 6265 ?

My phone can only hold around 100sms.

2. Is there any way through which i can take backup of my sms ?

(i m not able to connect through data cable though i can connect through bluetooth dongle.)

3. i m using a reliance 6265 handset with tata sim. Can i upgrade the firmware of the phone from Nokia care ?

( can they update it to tata firmware) ?

4. I m shocked to know that there is no option to voice record conversation. is there any way to do it ???

Edited by anuragz

my 6265 has BL-6C battery. I just wnated to ask that in some emergency time can i use my other nokia phone BL-5C battery in it ?

Is it safe to do so ? can it do any harm to the handset ? Plz advice.