Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
simrel

Lg 2030 At 230400 Baud

I can communicate with the lg2030 phone at 115200 baud, using minicom. However I cannot do

so at 230400 even though the phone menu offers a 230400 setting. Anyone knows how to

get the phone to do 230400 baud.

well when using rconnect on my suse linux i have changed the baud rate in the rconnect scipt to 230400. also selected that speed on the phone. It worked without any problems although rconnect speeds were terrible as usual for me.

What exactly are you doing with minicom?

Don't change the speed it wont increase the speed.

MInicom is just for testing. I get the same results for pppd.

This is what happens on my laptop running fedore core 1.

-> setserial -a /dev/rmodem

/dev/rmodem, Line 0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0

closing_wait: 3000

Flags: spd_normal skip_test

The phone is set to 115200 baud and it works fine

Now I set the serial port to 230400 and the phone to 230400

-> setserial /dev/rmodem baud_base 230400

-> setserial -a /dev/rmodem

/dev/rmodem, Line 0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

Baud_base: 230400, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0

Flags: spd_normal skip_test

Now I cannot ccmmunicate with the modem even though everything is set to 230400 baud.

You might want to know why I am doing all this. The laptop is not the problem as I can use it with

115200 which is fine.

The real issue is my linux handheld. There the setserial command refuses to let me change the speed

to anything other than 230400. Though 230400 does not work. Therefore I tried the above experiment to see if things work at 230400 at all, and it seems that they don't. even on the laptop. I just want it work on the handheld that's all, the speed is irrelevant.

Here is what happens on my handheld (an ipaq running familiar linux 7.2)

~ # setserial -a /dev/ttySA0

/dev/ttySA0, Line 0, UART: undefined, Port: 0x0000, IRQ: 17

Baud_base: 230400, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0

Flags: spd_normal

~ #

~ # setserial /dev/ttySA0 baud_base 115200

Cannot set serial info: Invalid argument

~ #

~ # uname -a

Linux familiar 2.4.19-rmk6-pxa1-hh30 #3 Wed Nov 12 11:07:41 EST 2003 armv4l unknown

~ #

P.S. - Could the cable be a problem? It is not the original Reliance one but a clone.

can you give the dmesg output and the /var/log/messages output if there is one on your ipaq?

Maybe the "UART undefined" is a clue. on the laptop its the 16550 , whats it on the ipaq? That the UART chip is not supported fully?

Are you using a serial or usb cable? i cant tell from your post.

if your phone doesn't work at 230400 on the laptop also then maybe u can tell me the os version of the phone? maybe in the new phones its disabled?

so maybe we have to see how to set the ipaqs uart to 115200. Know any details about this?

It seems the problem was due to a getty running on the same port. I can connect now, after killing the getty.

I am using a serial cable so maybe that rules out connecting at 230400. The strongarm UART is

not a standard one.

To Greens

Increasing speed to 230400 should help since the linux rconnect script comes with a setting of 115200

which is not enough to reach the 144k claimed by Reliance. One needs to increase the setting in the rconnect

script as well as in the phone.

well, as u say simrel... 144k is claimed... but i never get speed of such... even at 230400 baud...

so there's no use trying..

Reliance should have no problems providing 144k in the near future. This should start to happen as soon

as the GSM folks provide EDGE services.

well, im waiting for that day then... cauz CDMA 2x does support rates upto and maybe greater than 144kb/s ...

reliance is going to provide EVDO services with 1xRTT technology. it will give a maximum of 2.4Mbps(yes mega bits ) data speed. LGrd7230 suppots this. also nokia latest cdma models on web shows the same standard. so lets wait to get it and tighten the seat belts guys...we may get televison direct on rim handsets

wait and watch

I couldn't imagine watching a movie on the move on my Notebook.

Are we in INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, What's EVDO??????

I can communicate with the lg2030 phone at 115200 baud, using minicom. However I cannot do

so at 230400 even though the phone menu offers a 230400 setting. Anyone knows how to

Yes I know use the file that i had attached :signthankspin::GirandoOjos:

for using my trick you have to download the r connect software from Reliance Website

In the goto rconnect_lg_rd_2030_usb\rconnect_lg_rd_2030_usb\LGUSB\Drivers\LG\LGSERIAL\LG USB MODEM\MDMGEN_2K here replace file MDMGEN_2K with the attached file and now perform the installation after installing the modem change the setting of 2030 to baud rate to 230400 and now change the properties of LG usb modem to 230400 and enjoy :rofl_200::Contento:

MDMGEN_2K.rar

MDMGEN_2K.rar

Yes I know use the file that i had attached :signthankspin::GirandoOjos:

for using my trick you have to download the r connect software from Reliance Website

In the goto rconnect_lg_rd_2030_usb\rconnect_lg_rd_2030_usb\LGUSB\Drivers\LG\LGSERIAL\LG USB MODEM\MDMGEN_2K here replace file MDMGEN_2K with the attached file and now perform the installation after installing the modem change the setting of 2030 to baud rate to 230400 and now change the properties of LG usb modem to 230400 and enjoy :rofl_200::Contento:

Aji huzoor itne din se kaha chhup ke baithe theyy. Itni jaldi reply mara. Sirf paanch saal baad.

Badi Der Ker Di Meharbaan Aatey Aatey.

:lol: