Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reliance

Using R Connect Card In Desktop Pc

Any one know solutions for using my ZTE card (recently brought from reliance) in my Desktop PC ? am using this card in Laptop but want to use in PC too ?

If some one already tried any product please suggest with cost factor ?

Any one know solutions for using my ZTE card (recently brought from reliance) in my Desktop PC ? am using this card in Laptop but want to use in PC too ?

hi i too am interested in knowing about the card. well as much i know the card can be used with your desktop if your Motherboard of CPU supports the data slot. the data slot is provided by Orignal Intel motherboard.

check your motherboard to see it..

see data slot.

well cost of data card is 4990. bye

Dont know about the cost factor but you do get a USB deviece with the help of which you can use the card for Desktops also DOnt know what it is called but you do get it

can be sure cause i have used it at one of my clients offiece

Hi There

There are 2 things u can do, wither purchase a PCMCIA slot card for ur pc which will be installed inside the computer and u can use this card with it.

Second option as the other guy suggested is get a USB PCMCIA connector card or module

Dont knw wether this one is availabile in the market or not

U can use PCI to PCMCIA adapter - cost will be 1700. But the thing is I didn't try it !! I am going to try it and will let you know the results.

I am usin FWP at home and ZTE card when I am on the move (in lappy). I am on the platinum plan (Rs 1500 - unlimited data transfer) for the FWP and Rs 650 plan (1 GB limit). I am planning to buy a PCI to PCMCIA adapter so that I can return the FWP to Reliance and continue using the ZTE card for PC and Laptop. .

Has anyone tried ZTE Date card + PCI to PCMCIA adapter + Desktop ? Is there any problem usin it like 12-16 hrs a day ?

I find ZTE card bit faster than FWP, thats another reason (main reason is I can save money as I need not use both)

As they discountiued platinum plan for FWP, I am bit confused, I mean if I return the FWP to them and if the combination (ZTE Date card + PCI to PCMCIA adapter + Desktop) doens't work, then I will be in trouble, I mean I will not get FWP + platinum plan again

Hey DIN..first of all try your ZTE card with that adapter on PC...don't return FWP till you have successfully used the ZTE card on PC as well because you will not get platinum plan on FWP again...

Secondly, you can still get Platinum plan on your data card (you can get it changed from 1GB plan to platinum plan at no extra fee).

Hey DIN..first of all try your ZTE card with that adapter on PC...don't return FWP till you have successfully used the ZTE card on PC as well because you will not get platinum plan on FWP again...

Secondly, you can still get Platinum plan on your data card (you can get it changed from 1GB plan to platinum plan at no extra fee).

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Yes, that is my idea too. If the data card work perfectly in the Pc usin the pci-to-pcmcia adapter, I will upgrade my data card plan from 650 to 1500. Then if it goes smoothly for some days, will retun the FWP

I will get (hopefully) the adapter on wednesday or thursday. I will test it and will keep you updated.

Diff subject :

Meantime, when I applied fot FWP, I got connection in like 12 hrs ! Today I called em to chk whats the procedure to return the FWP. Guess what ? The guy in the webworld told me its a long procedure to return the phone and usually it will take more than 60 days, and can expect deposit refnd in 75 days !!!

Edited by Din

It's not a long procedure at all. You ony need to fill a termination form and return your instrument in working condition alongwith the charger and all. You also need to clear all outstanding (billed+unbilled). If you have deposited any security deposit, you will get the REFUND cheque couriered to your billing addrees within a matter of 60 days (practically not more than 37 days). That's it !!

But, a better thing to do would be to find out any known person to you who would be interested in a PLATINUM plan on FWP. This second guy would only need to pay Rs.500 extra as Transfer of Ownership Fees and he can then use your phone for unlimited access. This second guy can be from anywhere in India as Reliance also offer the facility of "Number change to New City". You also happy...and this other guy would also be thankful to you...

OK, I got the adapter yesterday evening. First I tried it in Win 2K and it didn't work, I was getting Getting the error

PCMCIA Application: Could not open COM port

(Saw this thread while searching for it - http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=7258)

Anyway tried in different machines (in 3 PCs, all win 2K, then in Win 98) but same result. Finally tried it in Win XP and it worked correctly. Getting same speed as I get in lappy and it seems to work for me

Anyway will use it for some more days before I make decision

Edited by Din

The problem I mentioned in my above post occurs in XP also ! I think it comes when FWP and Data card softwares are installed in same PC (not working both at a time, but installing both)

Anyway started using the data card in PC using the PCMCIA adapter and it is working fine. No problms so far. Speed slightly higher than that of FWP but not much

Meantime, anybody here use Reliance broadband ? Such a thing exist anywhere ? Or they are still in planning phase ? Just curious. (I saw the links in their site though)