Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kaushalrajinder

New Usb Data Card Ec325

Hi everyone,

I just got the new USB data card EC325 ( Huawei) with my Hp pavalion notebook.

Can any one have experience about the performance and also pls. guide abt setup of this card. Is it necessary to make new profile ? and wht abt the configuration of internet connection?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

In case of Windows XP SP2 almost all USB devices are detected as soon as you connect them. Since you need to create a new connection, pls use the modem and set up the connection manually with #777 as the number to dial and use your number as login ID and password. Did they assign a number with the card?

In case of Windows XP SP2 almost all USB devices are detected as soon as you connect them. Since you need to create a new connection, pls use the modem and set up the connection manually with #777 as the number to dial and use your number as login ID and password. Did they assign a number with the card?

Thnx dear, I got success in the connection.

Yes, they gave the no. everything was fine just i had to activate the card by dialing *228 after conffiguring the modem.

Thnx for reply once again.

kaushal, could you please give some feedback regarding the performance of the card. i am thinking to buy it :confuse:

kaushal, could you please give some feedback regarding the performance of the card. i am thinking to buy it :confuse:

I just started using this since 2 days. Th performace is OK. Easy to handle and can be connected with pc or laptop.

Congrats Rajinder...This is a new offering from Reliance and I am too eagerly awaiting to hear it's success story. Do share your experience with us!! :Ohhhh:

very strange . reliance refused me here for usb card . they say no such card with them

very strange . reliance refused me here for usb card . they say no such card with them

Same here in Bangalore, these guys from WebWorld dont even understand what I was talking about.

Any help, where can I get it from!

Same here in Bangalore, these guys from WebWorld dont even understand what I was talking about.

Any help, where can I get it from!

Hi Abhay,

Actaully i got the USB data card with My HP 5200TX laptop. Ther was an offer from HP to give USB data card from reliance if you by the HP laptop till 31 July 2006 ( May be this offer is still open). So just check with HP India website or reliance web world.

Raj

The cards are still not available for retail sale. YOu can only get it alongwith a HP / Compaq notebook purchase.

i wrote to hp/compaq and after threatening them with legal consequences they have finally sent me the USB data card EC325 ( Huawei.

though it has an advantage to be used with pc too but still i like earlier zte / sierra card . atleast they were fully inserted . nothing hanging with laptop.

Hi Supernova !

Can u pls send me a copy of the email sent to HP/Compaq (alongwith mail IDs u sent it to). I am also facing problems in getting the USB card which I am entitled to get within 15 days of buying my new compaq laptop. Everytime I visit reliance world, I am told that they will be getting it next week but today, I was told that it wont be possible before this month end.

Also, since u r using it, can we take out its RUIM, and put it in a handset or vice versa and use it.

Regards.

Mukesh Goel

m_g@vsnl.com

Edited by mukeshgoel

h !

1. just write to customer care hp , a stong worded letter along n dont forget to mention ur mobile nos. they will call u .

2. i am using card without ruim . taken just another connection sp. for card . i havnt tried with ruim . but yes will try soon and let u know .

Hi !

I got one today.

I was planning to send emails etc to hp and cc to press/news channels but I got a call today and I was told they have got a couple of cards and there are hundreds of customers waiting so if I could come early.

I paid Rs.3704/- as three months advance rental + 300 rs. other charges + 12.24% s.tax.

Though It has not been activated by now as there servers were down when i got it in the afternoon. (I tried dialling *228 few times ;) ). I was told that it will be activated tomorrow at 11am.

Thanx :)

Guys I also got EC325 card with my HP Laptop yest after paying INR 3704/-

I wanna know the following.... any help/suggstions would be appreciated..

1. What is the normal download speed we usually get?

2. Is there a difference in day and night time speeds.

3. I'm using Airtel Broadand which gives 256kbps at day and 512kbps at night which means around 24kbps download and 48kbps during night. I pay Rs 999 + 12.24% tax and its unlimited plan. Now the ques I wanna keep either Airtel or Reliance netconnect card. reiance card is not as fast as broadband.

So what do u suggest??? Is it possible to deactivate my reliance card after 3 months of free use and activate it in future again if required. (since its a postpaid card)

4. Can I make phone calls using the EC325 card coz I was able to talk to helpline number *333 without any problem. what are the call charges for calling local/std numbers using the card.

5. Can the speed be increased??

6.which is the best(speed wise) wireless internet access device available in India?

P.S:- I need information about net connect data card and not net access using reliance handsets.

1. What is the normal download speed we usually get?

Will be around 60 to 80 kbps

2. Is there a difference in day and night time speeds.

As it is a shared resource speed might vary during day and night

3. I'm using Airtel Broadand which gives 256kbps at day and 512kbps at night which means around 24kbps download and 48kbps during night. I pay Rs 999 + 12.24% tax and its unlimited plan. Now the ques I wanna keep either Airtel or Reliance netconnect card. reiance card is not as fast as broadband.

definitely not an alternate for broadband, if you want mobility the Netconnect card is best alternative.

So what do u suggest??? Is it possible to deactivate my reliance card after 3 months of free use and activate it in future again if required. (since its a postpaid card)

thats possible, but you won't get any refund. So gift it to me!!!

4. Can I make phone calls using the EC325 card coz I was able to talk to helpline number *333 without any problem. what are the call charges for calling local/std numbers using the card.

Well you can make calls after connecting the handsfree provided with the card. For tariff contact *333

5. Can the speed be increased??

Do you mean using third party softwares? if yes, to some extent.

6.which is the best(speed wise) wireless internet access device available in India?

If you say wireless than it is Reliance as of now.

P.S:- I need information about net connect data card and not net access using reliance handsets.

I believe i assumed it and answered it right.

Hi !

I got one today.

I was planning to send emails etc to hp and cc to press/news channels but I got a call today and I was told they have got a couple of cards and there are hundreds of customers waiting so if I could come early.

I paid Rs.3704/- as three months advance rental + 300 rs. other charges + 12.24% s.tax.

Though It has not been activated by now as there servers were down when i got it in the afternoon. (I tried dialling *228 few times :'( ). I was told that it will be activated tomorrow at 11am.

Thanx :(

The same offer of 3 months advance rental is there in HCL and Toshibha ones too.

Its seems a reliance initiative

Usb Data card is now available for retail sale in haryana @ 4500 rs.

Bye

@ Greens

Thanx a lot for all the answers...

About speed I meant is the max speed for card just 115kps or can be increased?

Also since we pay 3 month usage charges in advance there is no question of refund for that.

What I mean to ask is if I get it deactivated once for few months will I be able to get it activated again? :(

Hi, I just got the Reliance NetConnect card (Huwaei) and it was working fine for a week. However, since last night i am unable to connect and the error message i get is 'The Remote computer did not respond. For further assistance click Search Help and Support...'

What does this mean? There is also no error number for this.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

About speed I meant is the max speed for card just 115kps or can be increased?

You can't increase the speed beyond the max network speed

What I mean to ask is if I get it deactivated once for few months will I be able to get it activated again?

It's not possible to deactivate or suspend the service temporarily

Hi, I just got the Reliance NetConnect card (Huwaei) and it was working fine for a week. However, since last night i am unable to connect and the error message i get is 'The Remote computer did not respond. For further assistance click Search Help and Support...'

What does this mean? There is also no error number for this.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

That response comes whenever there is network problem or data services are unavailable .

Can anyone please tell me the modem configuration settings (enable or disable modem compression / error control / hardware flow control)???

i found the card working better with modem compression and error control disabled and hardware flow control enabled (i did that to match my tata indicom motorazr settings :confuse: )