Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Converting Non Ruim Vx 6600 To Ruim, If Interested, I Can Try

Some body in this forum mentioned that he bought VX 6600 from E bay and has not RUIM support. I could not find that post. If the guy who bought it is interested in enabling RUIM, than he can send me handset. I will try to enable RUIM on it.

Ofcourse there is a risk of handset getting spoilt.

If interested, pl. PM for my address or can chat with me on yahoo gipl@yahoo.com

Some body in this forum mentioned that he bought VX 6600 from E bay and has not RUIM support. I could not find that post. If the guy who bought it is interested in enabling RUIM, than he can send me handset. I will try to enable RUIM on it.

If interested, pl. PM for my address or can chat with me on yahoo gipl@yahoo.com

Hello - I am interested in what you can do for this - Please add me at naga_saki1945@hotmail.com

then u can DO other phone model as well.. rt ?

Hello - I am interested in what you can do for this - Please add me at naga_saki1945@hotmail.com

I think all 6600 has RUIM socket connections. Its a matter of flashing with RUIM software and soldering of SIM socket.

The only way to do it is to send handset to me. Remember I do not promise that it will be done for sure as not done so far. But if done, I am not interested to charge any thing. I will just flash it and send it back. If I will get SIM socket soledred (Which in no case will be done by me) I will charge for what ever I am chargeed for sim socket soldering

@Kshah

good job mate..! keep on good work. We need more ppl like u on this forum

if the set have a ruim slot then i can do .

Hello Breaking News (sorry don't know your real name)

I have a 3105 pre-programmed phone. I would like to convert that to RUIM based so that I can use any valid T-SIM card. Please tell me how do you do this? If you don't want to disclose how then PM me or else write me on soni199@gmail.com

soni199

Is this possible on PPC 6700? How can I find out if there is any provision or possibility of SIM card.

What is the difference between SIM card and RUIM card?

Is this possible on PPC 6700? How can I find out if there is any provision or possibility of SIM card.

@all,

yeah... both of it (6600 & 6700) can covert to ruim.

there are up grade software and hardware modification.

i've tried by my self, and it's work. :winko:

@all,

yeah... both of it (6600 & 6700) can covert to ruim.

there are up grade software and hardware modification.

i've tried by my self, and it's work. :winko:

6700 is done by one of the forum member may be more than one forum member. But how you did 6600?

upgrade ur radio rom to ruim protocol version,

setting ur qcn,

place ruim connector to the tray, and solder it,

make a jumper for ruim vcc.

ready to use.....

:SI::NOTriste::winko:

Edited by adisa

Mind posting details here? Where are jumpers in 6600?

@ adisa

would appreciate if you post the pics where jumpers are located !

Thanks & hope to hear from you soon !

It would be really great if somebody could create a sort of tutorial for converting a non-ruim based reliance cdma phones to RUIM based ones.

Preferably one with multiple parts i.e., for ones with RUIM Slots and one for Non-RUIM slots.

Also for different makes, with details like

* Hardware, Software and Cables required.

* Where can we purchase the H/W and Cable and where can we download software from, etc..

* steps for the conversion...

* pictorials (if any) for soldering, jumper settings, etc...

It will be best if you can post it in rimweb, but if any of you have these kind of tutorial/guide and unwilling to post it on the web because of various restrictions, it would be great if you could mail me one to

prakritish.rimweb#yahoo.com

Thanks,

Prakritish

Note: Please replace # with @ for my email id.

Pagal hai kya... who will give u all information..!

Anil ambani ka dhana manda ho jaayega

its useless if u just make a jumper without other step done,

im sorry that i cant post the step in this forum, its about ethic.

basicly just like pdadev's post.

if u will,

u can pm me, but its not free.

Edited by adisa

If it is not free then I am not interested thanks for offer. Once paid I believe one is free to distribute solutions. I have both boards so I will try to find out jumpers by comparision.

Edited by kshah

If it is not free then I am not interested thanks for offer. Once paid I believe one is free to distribute solutions. I have both boards so I will try to find out jumpers by comparision.

im sorry if i cant give u free,

but as u know, its useless if only make a jumper or even upgrade ur radio rom with ruim version without setting ur QCN, wisthing ur time.

i think u can get radio rom in the web, im forget the web.

and maybe nextime i can post the pic for the jumper, i hope i got my time.

the only think that make it dificullty is to restore the QCN file.

if u have xv6600 which has "ruimed" that come from china (known as cu928, i think) u can "grab" the qcn file from it and restore to the xv6600 after u upgrade the radio rom, then u make a jumper, thats the steps.

but, the problem is u cant connect the phone to computer with usb datacable. the only way is u have to use serial (RS232) datacable.

its not so dificullt to make a serial datacable by ur self. u can visit http://pinouts.ru/PDA/pda_wallaby.shtml for ur learning.

what next??

but then, u need a DM-tracker to make the phone switched to DM mode that make its recognize by computer.

maybe u can collect the money with peoples in this forum to get the software.

i hope its help.

Edited by adisa

why anyone pay u for this out dated stuff now??

U have any solution for 6800 ill pay u whatever u ask.

hi gauravjc,

i sell the software to make xv6600 become ruim.

the price is USD 500, u can work together with ur friends who want convert xv6600 bcome ruim.

with that price u will got :

1. tutorial "how to" make xv6600 bcome ruim

2. DM-tracker

3. ruim radio/protocol rom file

4. QCN ruim file

5. clue to make ur own serial data cable for xv6600

6. clue to make a jumper for ruim vcc

regards,

adisa

Its really stupid to pay for outdated 6600. Rather you get 3 6700 for the same price. THough 6600 is good handset, it is not as good as 6700. Except for screen size. 6700 is better.

I have a belief that if I have paid for solution, then I paid for my own reasons, and if i have recovered my money from others then I will offer it for free. Most people get many free solutions on net and thats why net is so popular.

@ Shaikhsadik

its in progress......

@ gauravjc

thx

Give me Solution for HTC Mogul / 6800 I will pay for it

6600 is Stopped in Production

6700 will be Infact 6700 is Easiest Creature to Handler

Keep in Mind

NV Item Number = 855

nv Item Name = rtree is the Logical Software Jumper

nvitem(855) or rtree = 0 for RUIM, 1 = NVM, 2 for RUIM is Available

@ kshah

this is the jumper

bware!!!

do not flash ur radio rom with ruim version if u cant restore the QCN with ruim version too!!

it makes searching for network, no signal. bcoz it bcomes RUIM only.

if happened, reflash with original radio rom, use MaUpgrade_noID.

ESN the phone that "RUIMed" will be change same as in QCN file that restored.

post-23286-1185784785_thumb.jpg

Edited by adisa

Thanks I will check, do and revert.