Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mgdelhi

Help Needed! Big Confusion Over Zte Mc315 Data Card

Hi !

I bought a Reliance Data Card (ZTE MC315) 5 days ago on 25/09/2006 for Rs.4990/- with Freedom Plan (Rs.650/- / 1GB) for my Laptop.

After 2 days, a friend of mine told me that he wants to buy a used laptop. I thought it is a good chance to change my laptop so immediately I offered mine and he bought it at once.

Now yesterday (29/09/2006), I bought a Compaq Presario v3070TU and installed all the softwares and at night, I was just shocked to see that there is no PCMCIA slot in this new laptop. Details of this model are still not available on HP website and I had in my mind that all laptops have at least one PCMCIA slot.

Though, with this laptop, there is an offer. I’ll get a new USB data card EC325 ( Huawei) after paying Rs.3667/- for 3 months advance rental +tax+other charges. Now, I am very confused what to do.

Personally I like to have a PCMCIA card but I can manage with this external USB Card.

PLEASE suggest me what should I do? Is there a possibility of surrendering this PCMCIA card to Reliance or I’ll need to sell it off to someone? And what will I need to do for name transfer, etc. etc.

I am desperate to know your suggestions.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Regards.

Edited by mukeshgoel

All new laptops are without PCMCIA slot it has been replaced by expresscard slot........you can disconinue your connection and sell your PCMCIA datacard on rimweb.............buy sell forum or ebay.in and use your usb card for internet.

regards

soham

Thanx Soham !

I asked yesterday in webworld and I was told that there is a pending list of 1100 customer for the USB Data Card and It will take 20-30 days to get it.

He told me that for PCMCIA Card I'll have to find a buyer and they will transfer the name for Rs.500/-.

Pls suggest me what should be the fair price of 5-6 days old (it will be older by the time it is sold) PCMCIA ZTE Card.

BTW, I am in Delhi.

Thanx agn.

Thanx Soham !

I asked yesterday in webworld and I was told that there is a pending list of 1100 customer for the USB Data Card and It will take 20-30 days to get it.

He told me that for PCMCIA Card I'll have to find a buyer and they will transfer the name for Rs.500/-.

Pls suggest me what should be the fair price of 5-6 days old (it will be older by the time it is sold) PCMCIA ZTE Card.

BTW, I am in Delhi.

Thanx agn.

i think instead of transferring the ownership ( i.e 500 rs ) it might be possible to get the connection terminated and to sell the blank card..i will confirm from my friend at web world and let you know..........fair price >= 4000 rs ( what do you say )

Hi ! Thanx.

Please confirm it with your friend. Then I'll get it terminated even today or tommorow because otherwise their meter will be on till the time I am able to sell the card even if I am not using it now. In that case, I wont be in that hurry to sell it off.

Yeah, 4000 seems to be fine since I am new to this and your opinion is unbiased so I think that should be the pefectly fair price. :)

Regards.

Hi

i Think ur lap top is having Express Slot ,Reliance Data card will not support

since this is new technolgy in now a days laptop are coming in Express sLOTS

so if u want to change teh Data card or sell it, I like to know the price, if u want to terminate, tell termination u have to pay the bill, other Dont use the card, that means, Dont Activate it selling, If u activated them Bill generation will start, best dont Activate the same

If u want to sell the same, Let me Know the Price

Regards

Sunsaaj

Hi Thanx

I have no other option but to sell it. As "drsoham", as a neutral perosn suggested, 4000 is the fair price. Otherwise you can tell me your offer.

Pls suggest should I get it terminated now? what is the process? Will I have to pay for 8 days than comes to 250 rupees or so?

Thanx.

Hi

I went to webworld today so that I could get the connection terminated so that meter does not keep running and whenever I get someone who can use it, we'll take a fresh connection.

But I was told that if i get the connection of ZTE MC315 terminated, it will be useless piece of junk. It can not be used at a later stage, the other person said that may be after 3 months u can take a new connection but not at all before that. They themselves were looking confused.

Guys pls suggest me what should I do? should I get it terminated or keep on paying 665/- pm waiting for a friend/customer who can be interested in using it.

Thanx

Hi !

Thanx for reply.

But for your information, reliance data cards can be used only as postpaids.

Regards.

Transferring the card to another person's name seems the only option for you.

if u activate the data card u have to do transfer of ownership

if not better u can sell it....

right now u can use only pcmcia slot cards only

mostly data cards we have to install the sw then only we can activate teh card

so dont be scare, bill will not generate, either its postpaid or prepaid,after OTAF has done , then only the bill will generate

so better u can sell it .....

Edited by SUNSAAJ