Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

How To Upload Ringtones/wallpapers ?

This guide is meant for newbies who want to upload ringtones/wallpapers to their handsets. I'm posting this new thread as I've noticed many newbies sending E-Mails/PMs to other members asking how to do it. If you are still having any problems, please create a new topic or reply here, with the exact problem/error that you are facing. Only thing is, do not ask again the question: "How do I upload ringtones to my phone?" ! :quest:

Please note that you should upload ringtones to your handset at your own risk and we will not be responsible for any damage caused to your handset.

Also, note that this has been tested on LG RD2030 only. So it may or may not work on other LG handsets. If it works, please do let us know. Anyway, other handsets (Samsung, etc.) are not compatible with this particular software.

You will need a Data Cable, local cables will work fine too. Though some users have reported problems with USB cables. So a Serial cable is recommended.

You need to download & install a software called bitpim to view the file system

Many members have created custom ringtones which you can upload to your handset. You can get them here.

If you want to create a ringtone yourself, please check out the next post in this topic itself.

Once you have everything ready and the handset connected to the computer, follow these steps...

1) Run the bitpim software

2) Goto Edit > Settings and configure the correct port and select the Phone as LG-VX4400 (others might work too, try changing if you get any errors)

settings.gif

3) Now click the 'Filesystem' tab in the software. You will see a plus (+) sign. Click to expand it (it may take a few seconds to show up)

filesystem.gif

4) Now go to the 'meldl'rectory and expand it. You will see three files toward the end of the sublist, namely, melody04.dat, melody05.dat and melody06.dat

dir.gif

5) Right click on melody04/05/06.dat and click 'overwrite'. Then browse to the new .dat file (that you downloaded) and select it. The ringtone will be transferred to your handset.

6) Restart your handset by switching off and switching on.

Voila ! Enjoy your new ringtone ! :quest:

The same procedure can be done for wallpapers too. You can download wallpapers from here.

For ease in creating wallpapers, check out customised soft here

Content Courtesy: www.ngcoders.com

For those who want to play safe, here is the link for Bitpim 0.62 version,Click Here or download from http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforg...-0.62-setup.exe

I'll be updating as and when I get informed about the latest Bitpim software.

For now, please Click here for the latest or download from here,

http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcef....7.19-setup.exe

Edited by turbasu

thanx for the crisp guide arun, i got it going now!! :)

is there any way v can increase the max number(3) of ringtones allowed to be stored?..can we make more 'space' available by deleting a game or wallpaper or somethin? is there anything do-able like that with Bitpim?

also, wher can we find hq midi files on the net? are there any place for good polyphonic indian mids?

is there any way v can increase the max number(3) of ringtones allowed to be stored?..can we make more 'space' available by deleting a game or wallpaper or somethin? is there anything do-able like that with Bitpim?

there's no use in uploading more than 3 ringtones.

bcauz although there is space for more than three (i mean in the mildl folder),

the phone's operating system does not have a memory slot to load them.

it cannot handle more than 3 custom made ringtones.

also, wher can we find hq midi files on the net? are there any place for good polyphonic indian mids?

Read following threads:

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1069

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=279

Wanted to add that Bitpim is not the only program which can access the file system. A better alternative would be Qualcom PST.

Read this:

QPST Overwrite Method.

There is now absolutely NO NEED to use BitPim anymore.

The problem before with QPST was that it did not have an Overwrite option. Well, IT DOES.

All you have to do is create a ringtone with the same exact name as the one on the phone

that you want to overwrite and drag it into the QPST window.

It will then ask you DO YOU WANT TO OVERWRITE?. You just say YES. Then reboot the phone and Voila!.

So if you have a ringer on the phone called macarena.qcp or macarena.mp3 or macarena.mid,

and you want to overwrite it with a new song, goodies.mp3 (or.qcp or .mid),

then you rename goodies.mp3 on your PC to macarena.mp3 and drag the new macarena into QPST and overwrite.

Once its on your phone, you can rename it using your phone to "goodies".

Just make sure to have the appropriate extension.

So if your song on the phone ends with qcp then you make sure you name the song on your PC with qcp.

You dont actually have to convert it to qcp, just rename extension.

well for the QPST does it work with lg 2030 has anybody tried it and one more thing for it to work u have to have your mobile on com 1 or com 2 there r no ohter ports there and u cannot add ports in it I had tried but could not

Edited by shabbooo

U can add a new port in the QPST config dialog to add Ur USB port.

QPST doesn't show any extra files that are not seen in bitpim - so may not be very useful except that it uses the high speed (115.00 kbps Brew Protocol).

hi

i have a lg 2230 with serial 2 usb /com4 cable but bitpim doesnt shw the mldl.dat files..

it works bit pim dpoes but no meldl files

theres sms, ne, etc other but no meldl???????

how????

abhi

2230 does not support ringtones using bitpim,only 2030/7130/7230 supports :'(

in QPST u cannot add port i tried to add but it gives error thet com port not ready or busy

U can add a new port in the QPST config dialog to add Ur USB port.

QPST doesn't show any extra files that are not seen in bitpim - so may not be very useful except that it uses the high speed (115.00 kbps Brew Protocol).

18828[/snapback]

CODE have u tried it on 2130 ?

Edited by ss_rakesh

Is there any way by which we can save the ringtone frm the handset to our harddisk and then try to overwrite the tone i the handset.

with rgrds

kanak

pls read the whole thread from the first post!

I'm sure u'll find all ur answers.

No there is no compatible software for LG RD 2130. You can try the MMS method instead.

Try 000000 (Six zeros)!

if it doesnt work then u can know it by using bitpim and read file system of RD2030 and it should be under nvm directory.

Is there any way to upload dat/midi ringtones to LG RD 2130?

What is the procedure for uploading through MMS? Can ne one guide me pls? One of my friend want my help for this.

I hv installed QPST 2.7 and hv connected LG RD6130. When Im starting EFS Explorer its asking for SPC. Can any one plz tell wht is this SPC?

actually i can not able to get listing of medl folder in rd2030. i think i am doing some mistake using bitpim. can any one discuss about it. i connected the set. explore the '/' all listings are shown. but no molody(x).dat file is there. what whould be the problem ?????????????????????

im qpst 2.7 it asks for spc code. i am giving 'six zeros' but it says spc code is not corect. as disscuss in previous posts. i try to check in nam folder using bitpim. but not able to get the spc code. kindly let me know how to get the spc code. or how can i upload ringtone to my lg 2030 set using data cable.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

ILOVEYOU