Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

Std, Local Calls Become Cheaper

STD, local calls become cheaper

Posted online: Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 1228 hours IST

New Delhi, October 12: State-run BSNL on Thursday announced a massive reduction in fixed line tariffs by bringing its 1.16 crore fixed line subscribers under one India plan enabling them to make STD calls anywhere in the country at Re 1 per minute and local call at the rate of Re 1 per 3 minutes. BSNL also reduced monthly rentals from Rs 225 to 180 besides doubling the free calls to 50 calls a month.

The new tariff will come into effect from November 1, BSNL CMD A K Sinha told reporters.

Source: http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=75403

Now, call STD for Re 1 per minute

RASHMI PRATAP & JOJI THOMAS PHILIP

TIMES NEWS NETWORKspacer.gif[ THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2006 01:51:44 AM]

MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: It's a bonanza for BSNL subscribers. BSNL's users in urban areas will be able to make STD calls at just Re 1 per minute, a reduction of 60% over the current charge of Rs 2.40 per minute.

BSNL is refurbishing its OneIndia plan by reducing monthly rentals to Rs 180, bringing them on par with the average rentals in urban India. The move will be a masterstroke, analysts say, as users will lap up the plan because there will not be any change in rentals.

With this reduction, BSNL hopes to register a 65-68% increase in its STD traffic. Currently, STD accounts for only 25% of the company's Rs 39,000-crore annual revenue. If the traffic increases by 65%, the revenue will rise substantially, more than making up for the reduction in rentals, company sources told ET.

The PSU's board met this evening to finalise the new OneIndia plan. BSNL chairman and managing director AK Sinha will make the announcement in Delhi on Thursday as part of the company's festive season offer.

According to company sources, the aim is two-pronged — to rope in more landline subscribers and to boost communications minister Dayanidhi Maran's dream project, OneIndia, which offers local as well as national calls at Re one per minute.

Currently, users opting for BSNL's OneIndia plan for landlines have to pay fixed monthly charges of Rs 225, which is higher than the average rental of Rs 180. "OneIndia has failed to take off despite various attempts by BSNL, largely due to high rentals. Reduction in fixed charges is expected to give it a push," said sources.

Consider the figures: the company has under 0.5m OneIndia users, which is just 1.14 % of its total fixed line base of 37m. In July this year too, the telco had slashed fixed charges from Rs 299 to Rs 225 per month. This was accompanied by the introduction of 25 free calls.

"BSNL will also be increasing the number of free calls from the current 25 to 50 under OneIndia," company sources confirmed to ET.

BSNL has over 1.5 crore fixedline users in urban areas. If the telco is able to rope general users for OneIndia, it will give a substantial push to the plan, which was launched with much fanfare in March this year.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2154065.cms

This is for landline... right..

not cellone?

Hi,

When MTNL is going to follow the suit? I feel now a days BSNL has become more customer friendly with many such schemes and offers.

Yes it is only for landlines and not cellone or excel.

Secondly at Rs 1 for 3 mts for local calls, it remains whether it is only for onnet or even offnet and whether this tariff will be applicable for calls to any operator - even mobiles.

If this is correct, then this is the perfect OneIndia plan at Rs 1 per mt for STD calls and Rs 1 per 3 mts for all local calls.

Lets hope Reliance comes up with something better than this. Maybe they will just match the tariffs after some time. Ever since ADA has taken over, they are very very slow in implementing tariff changes. eg. Plan 225 was implemented only after a full one and a half months. It took them so much time to digest the changes brought out by BSNL.

Anyway, lets compliment BSNL for attempting to rectify their market share which has taken a solid beating in the last couple of years.

Edited by khs123

Is 225 one india plan available in reliance fwp ???

On there website it still showing 299 plan.

Yes, Plan 225 is available on FWPs also.

Plan 299 has local mobile calling at Rs 1 for 3 mts while Plan 225 has local mobile calls at Rs 1 for 1 mt with 25 free calls. All other call charges are the same.

You can also enquire with CC for more info.

No need my tata walky is best option with 225 rental and 3 min mobile calls.

Reliance always dissappoints

this teriff for users who opt one india paln and genral paln with 180 rent. all the city where general

paln rent is 180 per month they will get benifit for this teriff, but in our city general plan rent is 120 per

month what about us how we can get this teriff, bsnl not aplly this teriff on general plan 120 rent.

what will voice teriff charge in dataone plan 900ul plus.

any news for it, plz reply.

Edited by abhilove1984

When MTNL is going to follow the suit? I feel now a days BSNL has become more customer friendly with many such schemes and offers.

@vijay kv

MTNL always follow BSNL. I'm sure that MTNL will definetely reduce the tariffs as well.

Regards.

But Mtnl has said it will study the tariff and will take some time.

What abt other operators will they follow???

But Mtnl has said it will study the tariff and will take some time.

What abt other operators will they follow???

Ya sure my dear friend other operators surely follow the suit. But they will take time, i think atleast 60 days or more. And Hutch will be the last operator to follow this. As all of us know that Hutch always delay their plans.

Regards.

Use a RIM mate :SI:

I work with the hutch group ... but still use a rim for exactly the same reason :SI:

cheers

ashok

^^^ I am thinking of getting a RIM now. Heard they come out with a handset for Rs.999 only.

Is there by any chance a better deal available for RIM other than the 999 which includes a handset and 2000Rs. talktime? Pl. advice if u know any such scheme, Thanks!

Try Munnamobiles offer ... at Rs. 975/-

Cheers

ashok

^^^He is giving only if somebody is taking minimum 10 connections not to individuals, also I think there is no free talktime on that, not sure...

anyway contact him, he can assist you :lol:

Reliance **** nowadays Try TATA they are giving add on pack for 50Rs in postpaid with 3000 National sms free(yes std sms).

Also they have best handset available for 1000Rs(Mrp mentioned discount may apply) like LG maxima or Samsung Neo(slim & sleek).

^^^Thanks Gavnit for ur valuable advice, but I dont think I would go for a postpaid connection. I prefer prepaid moreover just looking for an alternate connection to my regular Hutch primarily for sms....

@ashoksoft: Thanks ashok for ur much appreciated advice, contacted munna lets see whether he gives me a good offer...

Tata has SMS cards on prepaid also.Like,Rs.30 RCV and you get 1000 messages free for a month!

And they have a colour mobile(Kyocera) for Rs.999!!!!!!!

Edited by shashank