Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kamal625

Nokia 6265-bluetooth Connection-error 678

Hi,

Weird problem.

I have installed the bluesoleil bluetooth dongle, paired my 6265 to it, configured the bluetooth DUN modem with the extra string command, run successful modem query and then tried the bluetooth dial-up-networking dialing #777.

My phone dials #777 via bluetooth but then drops the connection, my laptop then giving error 678: could not connect to the remote host.

I have removed Nokia PC Suite, reinstalled bluetooth, restarted 20 times and I still get this error. Callcentre gives me the same settings already available in threads here and are of no help. My RConnect is active.

PLEASE HELP!!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!

:o (

Hi !

Just add the following line in "Extra Initialization Commands" in Advanced Tab of your modem:

AT+CRM=1;+CSO=33

and see. It shud work.

Thanks Mukesh but I have already put in this string. Still no luck... :o (

Attaching error message image and setup screenshots for everyone's reference....

post-15136-1161955979_thumb.jpg

post-15136-1161956297_thumb.jpg

post-15136-1161956310_thumb.jpg

post-15136-1161956323_thumb.jpg

post-15136-1161956347_thumb.jpg

post-15136-1161956362_thumb.jpg

Edited by kamal625

try this command : +crm=1;+cso=33

that will work 100%

just copy and paste in "Extra Initialization Commands" in Advanced Tab of your modem

@breaking news

same string has been given by mukeshgoel and kamal625 is saying its not working :o

Hi all

Thanks for your kind inputs but it seems the problem was not with the settings - but with software version. I was completely at loss with the whole thing as there ideally should not be a problem. After going home, I tried the same settings on my wife's laptop which has an early version of bluesoleil bluetooth installed. Here the settings worked and I was connected instantly!!

This is where I realized that in India, most people who use bluesoleil use the version 1.4.9.5. This version requires the extra strings settings in the modem properties. As my version of bluetooth is 1.6.1.4, it has already been designed to counter the lack of programming that leads to the string requirement.

So I just removed the string and tried connecting and voila! I am online! I have attached a screenshot that shows my modem setting without string, bluetooth connection status, internet connection and bluetooth version for everyone's reference.

As a side thing, all new bluesoleil dongles require a valid license (otherwise data transfer is limited to 5MBs). The 1.6 version overrides this requirement. Also, it works beautifully with Nokia PC Suite (lot of people have connection-thru-bluetooth problems between bluesoleil & Nokia PC Suite.). There are two ways to get this license & the version - write a nice little request to bluesoleil support guys who will be glad to oblige or let me know and I can upload the drivers somewhere. Cant mail as the zipped file is approx 10 MBs.

Once again, thanks a lot. And i sure do hope that this note will help a lot of other bluesoleil users..

post-15136-1162013200_thumb.jpg

Edited by kamal625

Good that your problem has solved and also thanks for sharing with us the technical discovery which you made.

Why dont you upload the bluesoleil 1.6 on rapidshare and share the links with us here. :o

IF you have XP sp2, you dont require any software at all.

I have XP SP2 and I did not install any drivers for my dongle. I am able to transfer files and I am able to use my phone as a modem as well. Check the reply PM I sent for you other doubts,

Thanks a lot Tanveer...got your message...

And yeah, makes sense to post a download link so here goes:

http://rapidshare.com/files/999882/BlueSol....6.1.4.zip.html

It may expire in a few days as is usual, so anyone who faces difficulty in downloading is more than welcome to PM me!

Cheers guys!

Need Help.

Im not able to send files from my pc to my nokia 6265 but able to send files from phone to pc. Im able to send files to other phones like lg6600 and motorola v6. Desperately in need of help.

Need Help.

Im not able to send files from my pc to my nokia 6265 but able to send files from phone to pc. Im able to send files to other phones like lg6600 and motorola v6. Desperately in need of help.