Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
drali

Is Wap Working Again?

when u say that they r going to charge us on basis of R-Connect charges; how wud they find out the mins for which we were using wap? Also, R-World is a wap site; so wud we be charges for using r-world also?

Do charges also apply for using flurry mail?

I spoke to Rel CC yesterday and also spoke to person in Netconnect dept. of Rel CC; they told me they are not charging anything, and it is included in R-World; i mean they consider it to be a part of R-World.

But that person was not sounding confident; so we cant trust him.

Also; King of Kalyan; are u really sure that these charges apply?

i can understand if they wud charge on basis of kbs tranferred (that is what happens in hutch and airtel, etc); but how wud they maintain a record of mins of usage???????

I just checked out my unbilled usage right now. I had used WAP extensively on 29th OCT; and according to Unbilled info. I dont see any extra charges. I dont think I was charged for using WAP on that day!!

Same here also, I think it is being charged under Membership category, which means free for DAPO users. For others, they can take a monthly rental plan of Rs 25 or a per day usage of Rs 3. However for my usage on 28.10.2006, I have been charged about Rs 30. I did not make any voice calls, but in RWorld, I downloaded some free wallpapers. I do not know if Reliance charges for that also. It was clearly stated that he cost of the wallpaper download was Rs 0. Even otherwise, wallpapers are chargeable at Rs 3 each. I downloaded some 5 to 7 wallpapers only. How Rs 30 has been charged is a mystery. Guess will have to wait till the bill is generated.

No reply as yet for email sent yesterday. That will give correct picture.

Thanks and keep enjoying WAP till then at a cost or free, whatever it is.

I dont think they are charging anything right now, they might come with some plan though.

And the email reply will take some time to com.e I had sent them e mails last month and got a reply on 26th that wap will take some time to start. It started on 28th :SI::rofl_200:

dont be surprised if they start charging after all the phone calls and emails they recieve regarding this,as they are sure to find a lucrative way to make money by charging for wap if not charging yet.

Edited by prathod

Same here also, I think it is being charged under Membership category, which means free for DAPO users. For others, they can take a monthly rental plan of Rs 25 or a per day usage of Rs 3. However for my usage on 28.10.2006, I have been charged about Rs 30. I did not make any voice calls, but in RWorld, I downloaded some free wallpapers. I do not know if Reliance charges for that also. It was clearly stated that he cost of the wallpaper download was Rs 0. Even otherwise, wallpapers are chargeable at Rs 3 each. I downloaded some 5 to 7 wallpapers only. How Rs 30 has been charged is a mystery. Guess will have to wait till the bill is generated.

No reply as yet for email sent yesterday. That will give correct picture.

Thanks and keep enjoying WAP till then at a cost or free, whatever it is.

For your info: Wallpapers are now charged @ Rs.5. As you said you downloaded 5-7 wallpapers, you might have been charged for 6 wallpapers which explains Rs.30....yes whether they were free or chargeable is still a mystery!

Hi All :

Its been a long time since I am posting, well .. could anybody please help with the correct IP adresses for acessing WAP , since the ones mentioned in the earlier posts unfortunatley do not seem to work. :sad:

Thanks.

Sam007

If you are using 6255, I dont think you will be able to access anyway

Another thing is,that they will have to make this wap service stable if they want to charge on a time usage basis.whats the use if 15seconds out of a minute are wasting refreshing the page,because it gives repeated error

Another thing is,that they will have to make this wap service stable if they want to charge on a time usage basis.whats the use if 15seconds out of a minute are wasting refreshing the page,because it gives repeated error

They Might come up with some plan for WAP..... but as of now i'm damn sure it will be charged as R connect.

Wait for the Next Bills to come or emails reply.... those who have send email to Customer care. ( Either of them is not going to come for next 10-15 days)

They have recently come up for R world.. Unlimited usage of R world for 249/- Month

Hi All :

Its been a long time since I am posting, well .. could anybody please help with the correct IP adresses for acessing WAP , since the ones mentioned in the earlier posts unfortunatley do not seem to work. :sad:

Thanks.

Sam007

Yup, would be good to know how to get WAP working on different phones...

Would it work with the Nokia Minibrowser? On a Nokia 6235?

Server settings etc... could someone help out please?

Not working on other phones lexcept 6265 and 6155 at present.

Wap cant be charged as R-connect. as its doesn't dial #777 to connect to the server, its linked based access.

@Ashok PDAs are anytime diffrent than phones, Most of the GSM PDAs doesn't support WAP by gprs. same case with 6700 and 7135, these handsets/PDAs will need full fledge internet connection, i.e R-CONNECT.

Wap cant be charged as R-connect. as its doesn't dial #777 to connect to the server, its linked based access.

@Ashok PDAs are anytime diffrent than phones, Most of the GSM PDAs doesn't support WAP by gprs. same case with 6700 and 7135, these handsets/PDAs will need full fledge internet connection, i.e R-CONNECT.

brother i m stcsessfully open the wap site on my nokia 6255 but i m only open page http://wgw.wdsap.ricinfo.com:6081/jataayu/index.wml but other sites are not opning on my mobile

i m using CELLHTML SOFTWARE for opening and its working on my mobile download cellhtml from jetjar.com

@Shaikhsadik who said that? it is very easy to get ur rsurf usage detail because reliance is using server side technology to process data not client side!

this stuff is called rmi in java (remote method invocation ) part of j2ee

and they even know wat site ur r visiting, each and every activity u do on wap.

Edited by cracker