Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Fed Up With Marketting Calls While On International Roaming ?

TRAI directs against unwanted calls on international roaming

AgencyFAQs.com

2006-11-02

TRAI has asked all mobile service providers to provide a specific facility to their subscribers that would discourage receiving of unwanted/unimportant calls during international roaming.

The Authority has observed that during the international roaming, the subscribers generally do not receive the caller information on incoming calls, making it difficult to identify and choose the calls which they want to answer. The international roaming charges being high, such calls become unwanted baggage on the subscriber. This problem has become more acute due to increased number of telemarketing calls.

After consultation with the service providers, as a first step, the Authority has informed all the service providers to provide the facility of ring back tone to their subscribers availing international roaming. This facility shall play any desired message e.g. "I am on international roaming" to the calling party. With this arrangement, the calling subscriber may be discouraged to proceed with the call to the international roaming subscriber unless it is a call of an urgent nature. This facility is easy to implement and the control of switching "on and off" will be with the roaming subscriber. This will also take care of breach of privacy and requirement of taking any permission from the roaming subscribers for implementing this facility.

The service providers are required to inform all their subscribers regarding availability of such a facility. For easy implementation of this facility, the Authority has asked all the service providers to devise a simple code by dialing which the roaming subscribers can activate the desired ring back tone. Mobile service providers have been asked to report the compliance within 15 days.

nowadays there is option of dont disturb under every operator's website just give give in your personal details and number in 48 hours the user will be confirmed or the unwanted calls or sms is stopped

Don't call me, I'll call you

Reliance Communications may contact you from time to time, to inform you about new features, products and promotional offers that can give you benefits or effect significant savings.

However, if you do not wish to be informed about these benefits through telephone calls or by SMS, you can unsubscribe from such communication by filling up the form given below. Your request will be honoured within 30 days from the date of submission.

:D

nowadays there is option of dont disturb under every operator's website just give give in your personal details and number in 48 hours the user will be confirmed or the unwanted calls or sms is stopped

@abhishek_garodia

This option is of no use at all. I subscribed to the same but till date I get those frustrated calls.

Regards.

I use simple procedure, In my nokia while roaming I block all calls except one in phone book.

kshah, but the problem being that the CLIP facility doesnt always work while on International roaming. This is what TRAI has observed.