Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jigshot1

Any Radiation Harm Due To Bluetooth Headset

I would like to know that is there any harm in using the Bluetooth headset. As my logic says, that it is constantly emitting wireless signal, checking connectivity with the phone. So I think it is more harmful, then the cell itself, cause cell is kept near the ear only while making or receiving the call. Can anybody put some light on this topic.

Regards,

Jignesh.

Bluetooth radios operate at much lower power levels than phones so, not surprisingly, the radiation added by a Bluetooth headset is insignificant by comparison. A study by William G. Scanlon of Queen's University in Belfast found that a typical Ericsson (ERICY ) Bluetooth radio module generates an SAR of just 0.001 watts per kilogram.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/con...050427_5651.htm

So there are lots of things wireless, simply our TV remotes are wireless, cordless phones emitting wireless signals..............

I don't think so it can be so harmful. But I'm not sure.

Actually, I have seen articles recommand using BT instead of Mobile Phones to reduce radiation risks.

i am not confirmed but from newpaper n magazines it seems bluettoth does less harm then direct mobile radiations

Just think...range of BT is just a few metres compared with the range of cellphones which could communicate with the towers several kilometres away.

So, naturally, the strength of radiation from BT should be much less

uh...the earth gives off EM radiations. Will you stop living on the earth because of it or what? bluetooth's radiations are absolutely negligible. even then i would recommend removing the headset when you dont really need it... some people use their cellphones like extensions of their bodies!