Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashishbabu

Discussion Board

I have own a windows web space on which i want to run discussion board it can be on php or asp.net.

Please tell me step by step process of creating Discussion Board on my website, my webhost support follwoing facilities

Database

- MS Sql Server 2000

- Access

- MySql

Code/Script

- Php

- CGI/perl

I want fully functional discussion board on my website such as rimweb Dis. board.

:):):GirandoOjos:

Since your web host supports PHP and MySQL, you can opt for most of the common forum softwares including Invision Power Board or vBulletin. IPB even supports MS SQL database, but mySQL is recommended. If you are looking for a free ASP/MS-SQL forum, try Snitz. Another good one is MegaBBS and ASP PlayGround. Just run the installation file in the script to get started.

hi arun,

I really appreciate the layout and features of your forum and i would be glad if you could help me in developing a standard forum which i have to develop as a part of college project having all the standard features. I would be using JSP and Struts for the project. I would be glad if you could give me a list of features that have to be there in a standard forum and some extra features which i could develop in a period of 1 month. You can also mail me at the email address i have specified in forum.

Thanks in advance ....

Looking for your positive reply....

I understand that you are trying to develop a discussion board from scratch, for your project. Well, I am not a developer and thats why I opted for an out-of-the box solution like Invision Power Board for this forum. So I may not be able to give you much ideas on the development side. For features, check out ForumMatrix and compare the various discussion boards available, and you should be able to get an idea of what all features are common.

hi arun,

this is abhishek frm icfai business school. am starting a forum for food lovers in our country.

have booked webspace 5gb frm godaddy.com and was planning to go for phpbb. bt thn i think rimweb skin is far better. i may go for IP.

i have no techie knowledge so im afraid if ill be able to maintain the forum and install mods etc on own?

can u help with this

regards

abhishek shah

yahoo - choc_guy21

gtalk abhishek1711

Yes, I recommend you to go for Invision Power Board ( www.invisionboard.com ) or vBulletin ( www.vbulletin.com ) rather than phpBB, though both come at a price. You can install them and manage easily, though I wouldn't recommend Godaddy.com as a web host - they oversell and I prefer cPanel for management.

Yes, I recommend you to go for Invision Power Board ( www.invisionboard.com ) or vBulletin ( www.vbulletin.com ) rather than phpBB, though both come at a price. You can install them and manage easily, though I wouldn't recommend Godaddy.com as a web host - they oversell and I prefer cPanel for management.

hey arun,

thnks for ur reply

btw wht $cPanel did u refer to? can u reffer good hosting service providers then