Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Run Windows On Reliance Phone ! Reliance Mobile Pocket PC 6700

Thursday, November 09, 2006, New Delhi:

EFY News Network - EFYTimes.com

UTStarcom and Reliance Communications have launched India’s first CDMA Windows Mobile 5.0 pocket PC -- PPC 6700 "Reliance Mobile Pocket PC". The multi-functional service with data and video transmission capabilities of up to 144 kbps, with average download speed ranging from 60-80 kbps, on high speed Reliance Communications network, is targeted at the enterprise segment and executives on the move.

reliance.jpg

Speaking on the launch, Vijay Yadav, managing director, South Asia operations at UTStarcom, said, "We are glad to partner with Reliance Communications for the launch of our award-winning PPC 6700 in India. This is in keeping with UTStarcom's ongoing endeavour to provide the technologically best and cost-efficient solutions to our customers across the nation."

Prakash Bajpai, president and CEO, Reliance Communications, enterprise business, said, "Reliance Mobile Pocket PC is a step forward in our endeavour to provide best and competitive services that harness technology for enhancing effectiveness. We are confident that enriched features, easy-to-use applications and high-speed download capabilities of the device would add significant value to the upwardly mobile customers on Reliance Communications network. It will offer our customers to integrate their business applications seamlessly across the broadband infrastructure to mobile use."

Mohit Kapoor, director, South Asia, UTStarcom Personal Communications, added, "The Indian CDMA carriers are technologically advanced and have a lot of options on these data devices. As of today, UTStarcom has a stronghold in North America and is gaining traction with the key global carriers by offering unique designs such as the PPC 6700."

cost? This is not ont the reliance site.

Whats the source of this>

Edited by tanveer

Sorry about that, I've added the source in the post now.

something to cheer about

Here are some pics...

Pic 1

One More....

Pic 2

Warning: Very Large Pics

Edited by Arun

looks damn sexy.

hope it is RUIM enabled,

there is one problem though I am not too enthusiastic about UTstar, thoug I am using their modem.

However would be interested in knowing the price.

Yet to get the price, but here is the Product Page for UTStarcom PPC6700

CXOtoday.com

...continued

The product will enable seamless extension of office into the device, and a capability to conduct meetings, make power point presentations, and refer to figures in Excel, during transit. In short, it will enable quick data transfers from your desktop/laptop on the mobile PC, without hampering important transactions.

The device will replace the necessity to carry a laptop. The laptop will now be used as a desktop, claimed Prakash Bajpai, president & CEO, Enterprise Business-Reliance Communications. He said the device gives ease and direct desktop connection. It has facility for voice calling.

PPC 6700 will be able to work like a standard desktop on any Wi-fi network. It will have to lock into Reliance Communications for CDMA accessibility.

Bajpai elaborated, "The product offers a combination of devices and applications on a single instrument. Video surveillance is one among the many features."

The phone has data and video transmission capabilities up to 144 kbps, with an average download speed ranging from 60-80 kbps, on high speed Reliance Communications network.

He said, "We will also target the SMEs. However, they will be catered to on a case-by-case basis, since their needs for any product are customized. Our major focus however, will be on institutional sales."

Replying to a query on Reliance's dominance in the GPRS segment, and its transition into the CDMA market, he said, "This alliance will strengthen our presence in the CDMA space. Projects developed on GPRS will be easily transmitted on the CDMA."

UTStarcom will continue its partnership with Reliance Communications in this segment for almost a year. Vijay Yadav, MD, UTStarcom, informed the company might look at other partners in the long run. He said, "We would certainly like to partner different players in the IP-enabled segment."

He added that the alliance will enable PPC 6700 users a pan India connectivity.

Explaining the importance of the device in Business Applications, Mohit Kapoor, director, personal communications at UTStarcom said, "PPC 6700's key assets include a strong post sales service and support infrastructure. It is a mature product that has been tested globally, before its launch in India. Introduced to the global market early 2006, the company has sold close to a million devices till date."

The companies are talking to various corporate houses, but refused to divulge names citing reasons like discussions are still at negotiation stage. The hardware is priced at Rs 33,000 and the entire package will vary on specific requirements.

ouch ! :winko:

sala 1 mahina aur bachana padega! :winko:

Edited by tanveer

but this is gonna be a status symbol for poor cdma users who always struggle for a good piece of fancy cell phone.

Ya eagerly awaiting for this kind of handset. But price is too high.

I think its fairly priced at around 30k.. coz GSM counterparrts like O2, HP, Imate are equally priced..

O2 Atom -- 33,000

HP IPAQ-- 34500

Imate-- 31990

The best part is v ll get internet speed upto 144 kbps.. much higher thn GSM.. My dad is using O2 on airtel, he gets pathetic speed..

CHeers!! Jr. Ambani dooin well ;)

post-5706-1163103988_thumb.jpg

Edited by vmsanghrajka

Atlast my prayers been heard.

Will be first one in mumbai to hold this chubby cutie ;)

Moreover the handset supports Ev-DO...so whenever the 3G service is started by Reliance, it will be a fancy (and useful) addition to its feature... and reason for GSM users' envy ;)

Edited by basant_jp

Good handset. At last the high end user will have something officially from reliance. I will certainly NOT be going to buy this mobile, but certainly, good luck for those who are going to buy it.

Anyways, how can a windows 5 mobile can replace a laptap? That was a figure of speech, right?

Good handset. At last the high end user will have something officially from reliance. I will certainly NOT be going to buy this mobile, but certainly, good luck for those who are going to buy it.

Anyways, how can a windows 5 mobile can replace a laptap? That was a figure of speech, right?

I certainly think it cant and wont replace functionality of laptop but definately will compliment business/students/professionals user class.. As it has in-build word, exel, ppt, IE, media player.. So downloading attachments would b a problem (frm ur email)..

Only one thong i am skeptical abt is UTStarcom as a company.. As in is UTStarcom as good as O2, HP or Imate.. Can any one thro light.. Regarding product quality of this company..

CHeers!!

Edited by vmsanghrajka

Its indeed a good handset but it will not have

1. RUIM support.

2. Smaller screen than 6600. But thats why it has better battery life than 6600.

Because its windows mobile 5, it has its own problem (typically microsoft)

It has 65K screen so display quality is definately poorer than new 262K screens. Also in PDA can not keep contrast and brightness as high as mobiles, so quality of display is always inferior than mobiles. For people who talks a lot, need atleast 1 spare battery, else bttery in no case last more than 100 minutes of talk time. Data connection consumes 1.5 to 2 times as much.

Because its windows 5, it has better memory management (non volatile contact, appointment etc) than windows 2003 but has more bugs than 2003. I wonder how stable OS will be when reliance specify its own requirements. Reliance can make even nokias absolutely unstable.

UTstarcom is not producer of this phone, its manufactured by HTC. So no quality issues. All windows mobile phones in world sofar wether imate, o2, hp except yuolong and asus are manufactured by HTC only.

I think 33K is a good price but then frankly just like any other CDMA phone, this is obsolete. I am using 6600 that too was obsolete since long.

I wonder if reliance let EVDO present in phone (It cost money to them). Also implementation of EVDO is too far. And I think when EVDO will be implemented, BSNL/MTNL will have already implemented WIFI/WIMAX at better prices than 3G.

Edited by kshah

Particlularly with reference to this handset, it has pretty good standby and talk time..practically more than 180 mins of talktime and 5-6 days of stabdby...Several of my collegues in US use this handset.

yea... even my cuzin uses this. Good little gizmo to blow yr money on..

I think its fairly priced at around 30k.. coz GSM counterparrts like O2, HP, Imate are equally priced..

O2 Atom -- 33,000

HP IPAQ-- 34500

Imate-- 31990

The best part is v ll get internet speed upto 144 kbps.. much higher thn GSM.. My dad is using O2 on airtel, he gets pathetic speed..

Just adding to this - I got the chance to see the device first hand(it was on display at Mobile Asia in Delhi a few weeks ago) - you get a lot of freebies too -

there is a Car Charger and a 256 MB mini SD card free with the device and also unlike the GSM version you get a desktop charging cradle inside the box. (So in a sense you get accesories worth close to 4-5K free)

My cousin has been using the same UTStarcom PPC6700 with Sprint in USA for a few months now - its an amazing peice - finally i can get a piece of him too :)

Also, I noticed that Reliance device comes with the latest AKU 2.2 addition to Windows Mobile 5.0 - so actually the OS is trully latest and for the first time Reliance is giving its customers something fresh and brand new the world over - Cheers!

Another cool thing from Reliance -

Check out the data plans on this phone - you get unlimited data for 999/month (with the kinds of data speeds available on CDMA getting unlimited data for 999 is an amazing offer) I think there are 2 other packages for 499 and 650/month also.

Fast Internet on the move wherever! Its equivalent to carrying a laptop with a datacard in it.

Edited by sameermehta

O2 Atom -- 33,000

HP IPAQ-- 34500

Imate-- 31990

Just adding to this - I got the chance to see the device first hand(it was on display at Mobile Asia in Delhi a few weeks ago) - you get a lot of freebies too -

there is a Car Charger and a 256 MB mini SD card free with the device and also unlike the GSM version you get a desktop charging cradle inside the box. (So in a sense you get accesories worth close to 4-5K free)

My cousin has been using the same UTStarcom PPC6700 with Sprint in USA for a few months now - its an amazing peice - finally i can get a piece of him too :)

Also, I noticed that Reliance device comes with the latest AKU 2.2 addition to Windows Mobile 5.0 - so actually the OS is trully latest and for the first time Reliance is giving its customers something fresh and brand new the world over - Cheers!

Another cool thing from Reliance -

Check out the data plans on this phone - you get unlimited data for 999/month (with the kinds of data speeds available on CDMA getting unlimited data for 999 is an amazing offer) I think there are 2 other packages for 499 and 650/month also.

Fast Internet on the move wherever! Its equivalent to carrying a laptop with a datacard in it.

Where is this phone featured on reliance site?

As usual, no news from reliance on their website which continues to dole out stale info always. We rimwebians can provide much fresher and faster info than they (reliance) can themselves.