Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Communications ties up with BSNL for Toll-Free Services

That is not fault of CC, They only Talk what they are told to, or what is Written on the Console of that, They Just will not speak anything else.

I think Airtel has already got this facility activated. Poor RCL is still limping after so much fanfare in announcing this facility. Their techies are still yawning, then they will fall asleep and maybe after 6 months or so, they will try to wake up and by then they will forgotten the matter and ask your advise on this.

^^^

I read it on TV when the KBC3 program was going on. Some 18********** number was shown for dialling from Airtel phones.

Maybe i am mistaken.

That must be mistaken the Interconnection between the Operators for Tall Free number is still a problem. It works Fine in Japan and USA

^^^

I read it on TV when the KBC3 program was going on. Some 18********** number was shown for dialling from Airtel phones.

Maybe i am mistaken.

that number is only for airtel subscribers, cant be accessed by other operators.

and its different from the BSNL/MTNL toll free number

Yes any Operator can take toll free number and Host it on its own network for users This number is Unique in All India level

i can dail all toll free no like 18004259900 for ing vysya bank from my rim postpaid mobile and also no. like 18601803474 for dish tv.

can any one tell me that is there any charge for these no.

i am unable to call icicibank 18003453499 no , i even call *333 they are unware of such facilty for BSNL toll free numbers

:P

yea .. some 1800 number work ..some dont...

some1 told that u can dial yr STD prefix n dial toll free number from cell phones ? n e 1 tried it ?

^^^

AFAIK, if you prefix the STD codes to the tollfree number, it no longer remains toll free.

In any case, everything about this topic (tying up with BSNL for allowing access to toll free numbers) is a huge eye-wash from RCL. They have been hardly able to give access to even 10 (or maybe only 5) toll free numbers. There are almost 600+ toll free numbers across India.

Thanks

Hi,

I totally agree with khs123. Last week I tried TATA AIG tool free number from my FWP and the message I got was " This is not a valid number" !!!!

As I had MTNL landline connection I dialled the number and got connected without any difficulty.

I don't think they are providing any such connectivity from Mumbai.

Regards

guys every operator(mostly) have started giving theese types numbers theese days, same as RIM has also started like AIRTEL has, so the above dish tv nos was of RIM so it got, the facility will have to be activated sooner or later so that there wont be a hiccup to locate which no is for which operator

For me in Bangalore all 1800 and 1860 series numbers are woking from RIM Postpaid mobile and fwp. :GirandoOjos:

Well, its not same in mumbai.... Many 1800 numbers still not reachable form RIM.

it seems the uniformity in hte network is lacking.

typical of reliance.

launch and then as and when the glitches are reported.. sort them out one by one.

I presume that if the 1800 series number is a 11 digit one, it works on RCL. But if it is a 10 digit number, it does not work. Atleast this is what I noticed in Chennai, elsewhere I have no idea. Try it in your areas and post here.

@robbyji,

Even I tried ICICI TF 1800 345 3499 which is a 11 digit number. it connected bit there was a terse announcement, 'your call cannot be processed' Wonder what it means?

Last month, I called up Tally TF number 1800 22 8859 which did not connect at all. but when i tried 1800 425 8859, it connected. Thats why, i presumed the above. As usual the CC is clueless on this also. This apart, I called several such toll free numbers last month from my FWPs and also my mobiles.

I also checked my bill for last month and as i have detailed local billing active on my number, i noticed that all calls to 1800 series were not billed at all. That is, even though it is free, it is not shown in the bill at all. Unlike if you call any onnet mobile number which also are free when unlimited onnet pack is active, but are shown in the bill.

So it is totally free. I checked my FWP and my mobile bills also. I have yet to check the staus from my prepaid mobiles. I will report here tomorrow on this.

Thanks

Bangalore postpaid RIM

1800 22 8859 --> doesn't work

1800 425 8859 --> works

My Thinking::

May be DOT might have asked everybody to move to 11 digit number, 10 digit number might be old numbers

Hello all,

Can anyone provide the complete detail file for all the toll free numbers we have so far ?? It will be helpfull to everyone.

Thx.

Regrds

the confusion seems to clear out by this explanation given to me by a friend

reliance and all other fixed line players have started offering single number services (toll free-1800 as well as local charge-1860).

now wat reliance has done is that the single number that it provides to its client can also be accessed by bsnl customers. this it has done by tying up with bsnl for its toll free services. so it is actually "call reliabce toll free(1800) numbers from bsnl" and not the other way round

All 1800 are not available. 1800 xxx xxxx are only available. if 1800 xxx xxx then it's not available. if someone has the railway info no., airline info no., then why don't u post it here?

Reliance Communications Ltd. has tied up with BSNL & HFCL Infotel Ltd. for toll-free number interoperability and not with MTNL.

All numbers starting with 1-800-11 and 1-800-22 are MTNL numbers and therefore cannot be dialled from RCom and RTL phones.

The BSNL series are 1-800-180 , 1-800-233 , 1-800-345 , 1-800-424 & 1-800-425 . Out of these, the 1-800-345 series cannot be called from RCom and RTL phones.

I hope this clears the air.

^^^

@mrasool

My dear friend, can you tell us that why the 1-800-345 series cannot be called from Reliance phones, as you told that this is a BSNL series and Reliance had tied up with BSNL.

Regards.