Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

How can I know the RAM in my Pc (MHZ)

If i hv to upgrade RAM will I need additional RAM of same MHZ.

How can I know the RAM in my Pc (MHZ)

If i hv to upgrade RAM will I need additional RAM of same MHZ.

Hi,

You can check out how much RAM is there in your PC by checking your BIOS . Ya u need same MHZ RAM if you r planning to upgrade your RAM.

regards

rajiv

You can check out how much RAM is there in your PC by checking your BIOS . Ya u need same MHZ RAM if you r planning to upgrade your RAM.

regards

It shows 512 MB/ 166 Mhz DDR333

pls provide some details

regards

It shows 512 MB/ 166 Mhz DDR333

pls provide some details

Hi,

You need to check your motherboard to see how many RAM slots r there .... you said u have 512 MB RAM so

it could be like u have 2 RAM chips of 256 MB each or 1 single RAM chip of 512 MB .... you can only increase RAM in your PC if you have a empty slot for RAM or one thing u can do is that u can buy a single RAM chip of 1 GB and sell or exchange your current RAM of 512 MB with a computer vendor.

regards

rajiv

^^

Correct and make sure to purchase the RAM of same frequency of the existing one in case of adding another RAM chip :GirandoOjos:

@saurav

My dear friend hope u got your answer above. Now is the time to buy the RAM. The best brand for you will be ''HYNIX''. Only go for this brand.

As there are very very less complaints in this brand.

Regards.

@saurav

And my dear friend don't go for "TWINMOSS" at all as there are many complaints with this brand. Although it comes with 2 years warranty. But its not worth.

Regards.

^^

Correct and make sure to purchase the RAM of same frequency of the existing one in case of adding another RAM chip :SI:

What if its not the same frquency?

Will it not work?

^^

Correct and make sure to purchase the RAM of same frequency of the existing one in case of adding another RAM chip :SI:

What if its not the same frquency?

Will it not work?

Hi,

If its not the same frequency than it might create conflicts in your computer.

regards

rajiv

@saurav

My dear friend hope u got your answer above. Now is the time to buy the RAM. The best brand for you will be ''HYNIX''. Only go for this brand.

As there are very very less complaints in this brand.

Regards.

Hi,

I would suggest you to buy " KINGSTON" BRANDED RAM coz its the best RAM available in the market

and also its long lasting.

regards

rajiv

^^^

Sure my dear friend Kingston is also good. But "Hynix" brand is the oldest and the best in the market after "Hundai". I am using "Hundai" brand Ram's from the last 12 years, when RAM comes in 1 MB 2MB and 4MB of slots which works in 286, 386 computers. Now a days RAM's manufactured by "Hundai" doesn't come in the brand name of "Hundai" but it comes in the name of "HYNIX". And Hynix too works very fine. No complaints from HUNDAI & HYNIX from the last 12 years.

They are the masters in manufacturing of RAM'S. Rather they are aware of all the loop holes and conflicts with different motherboards.

New players can definetely be good. But my choice is HYNIX.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

Hynix is best ram available it the market. Using it with a long time without any problem. Even IBM uses Hynix for the ram in its server computers.