Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
erico

Mac Os X Connection

to connect a Mac running OS X to a LG FWT

altho tech support claims this cannot be done, it is infact fairly easy and works very nicely

you need a USB to serial converter, a small DIN to RS232 cable, etc.

I use a Keyspan because they have the best OS X drivers, tools and instrtuctions which can all be downloaded from their www site.

Once the serial cable chain is set up, connected to your USB port on the Mac& the port on the phone, the driver software is installed and the keyspan port recognized,

you still need a modem script.

The modem requires the init string

AT+CRM=1:LGPKT=3

and to be setup at 115 baud.

no compression, no correction.

The attached modem script will do that.

It was made with a software tool, "Mac OS X Modem Script Generator"

which can be downloaded [free] from the web, or via Apple.

There are instructions on the Keyspan web site and in the Network Sepup asistant on the Mac to help you coonfigure everything.

btw

userrname and password are yr std code+phone number minus the leading zero

the dialup number is #777

the connecton type is dialup modem, TCP/IP

no DNS address,

server assigns you an IP address

best of luck

LG_LSP_340E

Thanks for the detailed instructions, erico. Should be really useful for Mac OS fans out there ;)

My cousin uses MAC now I'll tell him this he'll switch immediately to R Connect. Thanks for the help. Even he had tried a lot before like asking the guys at RWW and they said its not supported thanks sooooo much ;)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this info, I've been looking for ways to do this for a while!

I just had a couple of questions, I'm not very savvy on the computer front, so please excuse me if I ask some stupid questions!

- Where in Bombay/India can I get the Keyspan USB to serial converter?

- What is the DIN to RS232 cable? Or if I have the Keyspan connector do I not need this?

- Reliance provides a USB cable for their mobile phones, is there no similar cable available for the Fixed wireless phone?

- Where do I place the modem script? In the drive/library/modem scripts/ directory? Will it automatically then show up in the modem selection menu in Network settings?

Thanks a ton for your help with this in advance!

cheers

Hrush

Hi,

It seems the thread is a year old, but still i hope someone would be active and knowledgeable enough to help me. I am planning to purchase GTRAN standard RIM and i have Apple PowerBook with Mac OS X running. I would like to know how this combination put to use for internet surfing ? Any idea on where to approach to get the necessary software/drivers for this combo ? Also, i would appreciate if anyone can tell me which RIM handsets are usable with Mac OS X ?

Thanks a lot,

Kanny

to connect a Mac running OS X to a LG FWT

altho tech support claims this cannot be done, it is infact fairly easy and works very nicely

you need a USB to serial converter, a small DIN to RS232 cable, etc.

I use a Keyspan because they have the best OS X drivers, tools and instrtuctions which can all be downloaded from their www site.

Once the serial cable chain is set up, connected to your USB port on the Mac& the port on the phone,  the driver software is installed and the keyspan port recognized,

you still need a modem script.

The modem requires the init string

AT+CRM=1:LGPKT=3

and to be setup at 115 baud.

no compression, no correction.

The attached modem script will do that.

It was made with a software tool, "Mac OS X Modem Script Generator"

which can be downloaded [free] from the web, or via Apple.

There are instructions on the Keyspan web site and in the Network Sepup asistant on the Mac to help you coonfigure everything.

btw

userrname and password are yr std code+phone number minus the leading zero

the dialup number is #777

the connecton type is dialup modem, TCP/IP

no DNS address,

server assigns you an IP address

best of luck

6136[/snapback]