Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Own A Blackberry For Rs 15,000!

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2006 01:39:13 AM]MUMBAI: Ever thought of buying a BlackBerry handset for Rs 15,000? The CEO gizmo will soon be available in India on Hutchison Essar network for almost half the price at which it was launched almost two years ago.

After Bharti Airtel, Canada-based Research In Motion (RIM), the maker of BlackBerry, has tied up with Hutch in India to tap the fast-growing telecom market. The tie-up will give BlackBerry access to Hutch’s vast corporate customer base. “We have large subscriber base in Delhi (21.3m) and Mumbai (23.5m). Most corporates are headquartered in these two places and Hutch has handled large enterprise customers for many years now. A lot of these corporates have been waiting for us to offer this service,” Hutch marketing director Harit Nagpal told ET.

On pricing, Mr Nagpal said while BlackBerry 7290 will be available for Rs 19,000, the 7130G will be priced at Rs 15,000. “We are going towards Rs 15,000 over the next one month. The idea is to get BlackBerry to the middle and junior management, too,” said Mr Nagpal. He added that Hutch’s strategy was not discount-led. “It’s value-led. Till such time the user sees value and benefit in the product, he’s not going to start using it. If prices go down, chances are that junior and middle staff, who need e-mail while on the move, will be accessible at all times,” he added.

RIM’s Asia Pacific vice-president, Norm Lo, said, “We see Asia-Pacific as the fastest growing region and in India, we are set for an explosive growth. India is going to be the biggest growth market for us.”

While the prices have been reduced, Mr Lo said, “We have not taken away functionality, and have rather improved it. While the functionality curve is going up, the cost curve is going down.” He said RIM was also working with Hutch on mobile data systems. “It’s a great opportunity to support services, ranging from customer relationship management (CRM) and business intelligence (BI) to a whole range of solutions,” said Mr Lo.

Bharti had brought BlackBerry to India in ‘04 and its exclusivity agreement ended in March this year. BlackBerry services are available in more than 200 carriers in 60 countries. RIM is adding two new carriers every week. “In Asia-Pacific, we will have at least 10 more carriers in the next 6-7 months,” said Mr Lo. Globally, BlackBerry sales are expected to have reached 7m by November-end. India sales figures were not available.

Gear-up all my dear friends for this forthcoming deal.

BlackBerry Handheld Pricing offers with HUTCH

:Contento: BlackBerry® 8700g Rs 29,990

:NOTriste: BlackBerry® 7130g Rs 14,990

:) BlackBerry® 7290 Rs 19,490

:) BlackBerry Pearl Launching Soon !

Services : BlackBerry Enterprise / Enterprise Plus Service

Rental / month : Rs 899

Data Usage : Unlimited

post-8210-1166473151.jpg

post-8210-1166473189.jpg

post-8210-1166473263.jpg

post-8210-1166473323.jpg

Edited by Honest

one of the blacknberry models was also available on indiatimes ot rediff for something like 8000/-

may be an older version :winko:

^^^

@copperco2

Yes my dear friend that might be an older version handset or it also might be a refurbished one.

Regards.

All Blackberry dont Support 3G an only Perl Support EDGE

This is useless

I think go for Nokia E61 or E62 Nice Hanset with Nice Price Tag

Edited by hpnasik

Instead a wait is worth for E61i, same model with megapixel cam.

Mobile cams are pretty ****y. I'd rather go in for a E61 over the E61i. Unless the i version has some more features.

blackberry 7230 at 6400/- on rediff. ;)

Coppeco2 see the Feature it lack so many things. Dont even buy it have have already commited a mistake in buying Pearl from USA. And Now seeing Wasted my MOney