Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

Reliance World Tariff altered & R-surf Removed

I use LG 6130.

Today morning I woke up to the shock that R-Surf is no more available inside the Membership. I frantically searched everywhere but couldn't find anywhere. But I stumbled upon one directory by name Hot n New >> New Rates >> About KB >> postpaid customers.

The content is as follows.

For all DAPO and postpaid customers on Membership plan, customers on Chat and Play plan and Unlimited Reliance Mobile World plan get Unlimited Network usage from Dec 20th. Network usage charges at 10 paise per 10KB unit will not apply. Content charges apply for select services marked by a U icon. Although the menu may show network usage charge, it has been waived off for you. Postpaid customer on NonMembership plan, as many as 70 applications have been made free of content charges from Dec 20th. Network usage charge at 10 paise per 10KB unit will apply on all services. Content charges apply for select services marked by a U icon. Customer on Finance pack, from Dec 20th Network usage charges at 10 paise per 10 KB unit apply on all services of Reliance Mobile World. Customers on Finance pack at Rs.99 per mnth can migrate to Unlimited Reliance Mobile World plan at Rs. 249 per mnth to enjoy unlimited network usage. For more details click on Reliance Mobile World> HotNnew> New Rates.

My conclusion on the above paragraph.

1) Only 2 types of applications will be available from 20th Dec. F and U

2) "F" is free for DAPO, Membership plan, Chat and Play plan and unlimited relaince mobile world plan. Others it'll be charged at 10 paise per 10KB.

3)"U" is free for unlimited reliance mobile world plan. Others it'll be charged depending on the application as followed earlier.

4) Finance pack discontinued.

But I don't understand why they've removed R-Surf. :P:P

Edited by kesav

;)

BUT what about WAP on 6265+DAPO customer

is it FREEE.....

switch to airtel :P

Rs350 in mumbai, Rs150 in delhi unlimited internet on both mobile and pc no download limit and if edge is available in ur area and if ur mobile support class 10 edge gprs than the download speed would be 30KBPS +

Edited by cracker

for ringtone download Rs 10 + data charges

so costly...

I would use Reliance Mobile World mostly for Headlines, and now that it is under U-category, I guess I can reconfigure the second button on my N-6235 for some other utility that waste it for R-World.

Till the time WAP starts to work on N6235, its good bye to Reliance Mobile World.

PS: Don't we have somebody who can let us know for sure how Reliance authenticates WAP, maybe enabling RUIM 6235 and then using a 6265 RUIM on it would work.

what abt prepaid customers?

Any way to stop RIM Rworld from opening, (a mere click on the switch opens it) and it would cost Rs. 0.10

Any settings to disable RWorld?

I would use Reliance Mobile World mostly for Headlines, and now that it is under U-category, I guess I can reconfigure the second button on my N-6235 for some other utility that waste it for R-World.

Till the time WAP starts to work on N6235, its good bye to Reliance Mobile World.

PS: Don't we have somebody who can let us know for sure how Reliance authenticates WAP, maybe enabling RUIM 6235 and then using a 6265 RUIM on it would work.

I think if say for example, 6265 ruim is put in 6235 and if 6235 is identified as 6265 to network them it should work, provided ruim handset is not sending psudo esn too to system. (Psudo esn is esn of handset and if those numbers are stored in system), following seems to necessary settings:

1. MIN

2. SSD A (Shared secret data A)

3. SSD B (probably)

4. profile name

5. ESN

BTW R WORLD key can be probably programmed using Diego or you can simply disable browser by *#browser# to avoid any misuse (of expensive service)

Edited by kshah

R-World in 6235 is Java based, so disabling browser wont be of much use. People with WAP handsets can off-course do that. I have already programmed my right soft-key to names instead of R-World.

R-World in 6235 is Java based, so disabling browser wont be of much use. People with WAP handsets can off-course do that. I have already programmed my right soft-key to names instead of R-World.

How did u programmed that man?..though this should be posted in the technical section...sorry for asking it here as the topic is already raised!

i also want to know that ... trying to remove rworld since long

Friends I am a bit confused with all this discussions going on here,please clarify my doubt

I am on rworld membership plan ever since reliance started it,no according to the sms I recieved from reliance I enjoy unlimited network usage.

The link given above says

All DAPO and Postpaid customers on Membership plan, Customers on Chat and Play plan, Customers on Unlimited Reliance Mobile World plan get “Unlimited Network usage’ from December 20th. Network usage charge at 10 paise per 10KB unit will not apply. Content charges apply for select services. Although the menu may show a network usage charge, it has been waived off for you.

does it mean that if I click any "U" icon its free,or am I wrong and charges will apply.Also would like to know that will I be charged for downloading ringtones,wallpapers etc.

You still have to pay the Base Charge depending upon the application. Its the Network Usage Charge that has been waived off for you. Total charge = Base content charge of the application + Network usage charges

Check out this Excel sheet which lists the exact charges for all applications.

You still have to pay the Base Charge depending upon the application. Its the Network Usage Charge that has been waived off for you. Total charge = Base content charge of the application + Network usage charges

Check out this Excel sheet which lists the exact charges for all applications.

THANKSSSSS,

ARUN GOOD EXCEL SHEET :clap::clap:

Thanks,I like a fool clicked news and bank thinking that its free for me,wondering if I will be charged for

bank,bcoz it was not connecting and I kept retrying it multiple times.

Good I did not explore anymore.

Its truely time to say bye to R-world :confuse:

It's not the time to say bye to r world, but also to reliance :confuse: . If this process of increasing rates then it's time 2 switch to other operators

^^^

Absolutely true. It is time to move on to BSNL/MTNL. All others are going to gang up and increase rates left, right and center. :confuse:

@arun, :help:

A very good source of info on RMW Rates. Thanks. :praise:

I don't understand why they've removed R-Surf when they're allowing browsing through WAP in 6265,6155 and 2865.

This is absolute descrimination. We want justice.

In what way we're lower(in the scale of loyalty..) than the users of those handsets

MOSt of Old Handset which were allowing Surfing from RWrold is InCompatible with Current Browsing

Previously is was Proxy Based Browsing

Not it is True IP Based one

and Proxy based do not support Volume based plan for Browsing

But whenever Reliance will Updated Proxy based Billing system it will be resumed

The new tariff plan is somewhat ridiculous.

Now those who are not in membership plan will be charged for network usage for each and every application.

It follows that ppl will be charged even for finding out how much they will be charged b'coz even Hot n New > rates is charged at 10p/10KB.

Along with this R bill, R help et will also be charges.

Now these are services that each operator should be providing as part of their operations.

If this trend continues, be ready to be charged for calls made to CC "*333".

(All our customer service executives are busy counting money, your money is important to US. Please wait, One of our C S executive will bill u shortly.)

Very Good News for phones in which R-World is java based.

They've restarted the R-Surf.

:rofl_200::Equivocado:

It comes under Messaging.

Hope they'll enable it for Brew-based phones too....