Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anuragz

Free Or Cheap Std ?

hi,

although i'v read all the previous posts regarding free std toa particular no. or cheap sts rates, but all previous posts failed to provide any foolproof solution. So i m putting a new thread asking the same question again.

Is there any plan on any mobile service provider which can offer free std to a particular number ? ( precisely between delhi & bombay).

what can be the cheapest std rates that one can avail?

I need yor suggestions.

no totally free option in reliance ; only with tata where they give roaming free .

In reliance

cheapest std rates thru landline is :where receiving side too reliance phone:

1. plan 600 : where you get a rent of 600 and 2000 reliance to reliance all india free . furthur 30 p/min all india reliance .

2. plan 1500 : unlimited r to free all india . but this offeris for 3-6 months only.

3. in case of mobile plan nj399 : 40 p/min rel std . in mobile you can save by going for lg2670 where in rs 1800 you get free talktime of rs 2000 .

4. newly introduced rcv of 675 . night std r to r free.talktime of 600 .can be used with any reliance connection post or pre .

there are spread threads for each option on rimweb

@anuragz

My dear friend I think the new RCV of Rs. 675/- which supernova described above in his 4 point will be the best suitable for you. But remember in this RCV of Rs. 675/- unlimited calls to R2R from 11pm to 6am are automatically disconnected after 15 minutes. That means you have to dial again the same number on which you are talking after every 15 minutes.

Regards.

Hi,

Tata Indicom Postpaid will be suitable for you. Recently I had relocated from Chennai to Bangalore. Here in Bangalore my friend uses a postpaid scheme in Tata Indicom for which he pays a monthly bill of Rs.600 for two mobiles.

The plan detail is:

1. He got two mobiles from Tata Indicom one under Do More 0123 plan and Get More 99 Plan

2. He had given the Do More 0123 plan number to Chennai with a monthly roaming charge of Rs.150.

3. The calls made between these two numbers are unlimited free.

I suggest that Tata Indicom will be best which will offer free std. :P

hi,

thanx a lot for all your suggestions. i'v been to tata indicom website & studied about their plans. i think that tata have much better plans to offer than reliance.

i.ll be switching to tata to get their std & free roam benefits.

thanx again.

As discussed in all above posts. The conclusion for best option for cheap STD calls to a particular no. was Taking two tata handsets, on one handset take free tata 2 tata plan & on Second handset take 'free unlimited incoming on roam' plan & send that handset to other state.

But since feb 15 2007, tata has withdrawn 'free unlimited incoming on roam' plan.

Now in your opinion, which method will be best for having very cheap or free std calls between Delhi & mumbai ?

(Although Tata has a plan, Rs374 rental, Rs150 free talk time, free incoming while roaming 750 mins & after that 50p/min. I find this as cheapest alternative. what do u say?)

^^^

My dear friend for free STD at night you can take the new 875/- India calling card of Reliance. Otherwise between Delhi & Mumbai if you are making calls to MTNL's landline phones than Rs.1.20 for 3 minutes in Mtnl will be the best. If you make calls to Reliance FWP in Delhi than also the call charges are Rs.1.20 per 3 minutes.

Mobile to Mobile free calls between R2R can only be possible with 875/- India calling card after 11.00 pm.

Regards.

^^^

My dear friend for free STD at night you can take the new 875/- India calling card of Reliance. Otherwise between Delhi & Mumbai if you are making calls to MTNL's landline phones than Rs.1.20 for 3 minutes in Mtnl will be the best. If you make calls to Reliance FWP in Delhi than also the call charges are Rs.1.20 per 3 minutes.

Mobile to Mobile free calls between R2R can only be possible with 875/- India calling card after 11.00 pm.

Regards.

ya i know about R2R free calls with 875/- voucher but now i dont trust Reliance. I hope u know that a month ago they were offering free R2R calls on 625/- voucher but now they charge for it. Moreover i think that after 11pm free calls wont be too helpfull.

I believe that any offer by Reliance is very Unreliable. So i dont trust it.

& friend i was preferring for a mobile phone option rather than landline.

Tata has launched a very attractive add on pkg for onnet std on one particular number....

Most Dialled Lite -STD

All T2T Calls & SMS to One Tata Number anywhere in India to be charged @ 25paise/min & 25paise/SMS (Rs.25/ mth )

Most Dialled Jumbo - STD

500 minutes T2T Calls + 500 T2T SMS free per month to One Tata Number anywhere in India. Additional usage charged @ 50p/min & 50p/SMS (Rs. 100/mth)

Most Dialled Local

500 minutes T2T Calls + 500 T2T SMS free per month to One Local Tata Number. Additional usage charged @ 25p/min & 25p/SMS (Rs.25/ mth )

I think Having STD calls as cheap as .25p/min that too on a very nominal rental of Rs 25/month is indeed very cheap.

Seems interesting. Maybe one day, other telcos will also start it. Airtel in 399 rental has A2A STD at 50 paisa per minute and to others at 1 rupee

Tata has launched a very attractive add on pkg for onnet std on one particular number....

Most Dialled Lite -STD

All T2T Calls & SMS to One Tata Number anywhere in India to be charged @ 25paise/min & 25paise/SMS (Rs.25/ mth )

Most Dialled Jumbo - STD

500 minutes T2T Calls + 500 T2T SMS free per month to One Tata Number anywhere in India. Additional usage charged @ 50p/min & 50p/SMS (Rs. 100/mth)

Most Dialled Local

500 minutes T2T Calls + 500 T2T SMS free per month to One Local Tata Number. Additional usage charged @ 25p/min & 25p/SMS (Rs.25/ mth )

I think Having STD calls as cheap as .25p/min that too on a very nominal rental of Rs 25/month is indeed very cheap.

Yes, I found this plans cheapest in India. Its even cheper than Delight 499 of Reliance.

Here is the comparision:

Select Tata's Business Silver Plan. (Rent 224 + Most Dialled Lite - STD @ 25. So total Fix bill is 249). This plan comes with 150 Rs. of Free Talk Time.

Now, if you use this plan to call upto 600 Mins STD outgoing to one Tata number the total bill will be Rs. 249

If you use this plan to call 700 Mins STD outgoing to one Tata number the total bill will be Rs. 274

if you use this plan to call 800 Mins STD outgoing to one Tata number the total bill will be Rs. 299

if you use this plan to call 900 Mins STD outgoing to one Tata number the total bill will be Rs. 324

Now comparing this plan with Reliance's Delight 499 (Fix Rent 499). This plan features 40p/min rate for R2R calling throught India. And it comes with 160 Rs. of Free Talk Time. Please rememebr that this plan has the chepest R2R STD.

If you use this plan to call 600 Mins STD outgoing to any Reliance number the total bill will be Rs. 579

If you use this plan to call 700 Mins STD outgoing to any Reliance number the total bill will be Rs. 619

If you use this plan to call 800 Mins STD outgoing to any Reliance number the total bill will be Rs. 659

Please note that in this illustration I am assuming that in Tata's plan you are exclusively using the plan for T2T STD. And in Reliance you are exclusively using the plan for R2R STD.

Also note that in Tata you can avail this cheap STD facility (25p/min) to only one Tata STD number. In Reliance you can call any reliance number at 40p/min.

Though it is tempting to go for Tata because of the striking difference bwetween others and tata, please be advised, rather warned, that Tata has the worst CC in india. Its not only my personal experience but more than 100 ppl on net (literally) share the same view. Please visit http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/T...-925042700.html before going for Tata.

^^^

My dear friends STD at cheapest rates from TATA to TATA as described above really benefit many of its subscribers.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

The TATA plans are useful only and only if you call one Tata number. Otherwise it will be costly. IMHO, it is not useful for all, maybe for some people it may prove useful.

in place of calling from mobile there are various options available in lanline segment also to make STD calls cheaper. in Reliance 3000 rent unlimited RIM 2 RIM STD free and 540 pulses free to call at other operators. in Airtel there is Rs 49 pack available. because of this topup all calls made to any airtel(Lanline and Mobile) will be treated as local and one can make calls @ 180/ pulse to airtel nos.

^^^

My dear friends the Airtel Rs.49/- pack also seems to be very beneficial to its customers.

Regards.

Hi Friends, this is my 1st post......

RELIANCE ONE NATION CARD RS. 1100/- WITH TALK TIME OF 730/- CAN BE USEFUL. R2R 40P MIN N RE. 1 TO OTHER MOBILE N LANDLINE. Validity 1 month.

RELIANCE STD CALLING CARD 875 TALK TIME OF 780 CAN BE A GOOD CHOICE. R2R STD; LOCAL CALLS FREE FROM 11 PM TO 6 AM AND OTHER TIME TO ANY NUMBER 1 RUPEE.

Edited by papi999

i would like to disagree about some of the above comments..why?..well

first..tata, air tel and reliance all are offering cheap on net std rates...so it might not be very useful for people who call off net std..

second..if one has to make random std calls from delhi it would be best advised to take the 444 postapaid plans from hutch and idea which has a rental of 444 and gives full value talktime applicable to local and std on net as well off net besides 444 sms a month.the call rates are flat at 1 rupee for std and 6 paise for local calls.

i would like to disagree about some of the above comments..why?..well

first..tata, air tel and reliance all are offering cheap on net std rates...so it might not be very useful for people who call off net std..

second..if one has to make random std calls from delhi it would be best advised to take the 444 postapaid plans from hutch and idea which has a rental of 444 and gives full value talktime applicable to local and std on net as well off net besides 444 sms a month.the call rates are flat at 1 rupee for std and 6 paise for local calls.

For sure 444 plans are among best plans available. But these are only good for moderate/normal users, for those who need heavy std calling that too at particular numbers, for them these plans will prove to be quite expensive.

& above all this thread is only dedicated to find out the cheapest std rates available. :)

hi,

although i'v read all the previous posts regarding free std toa particular no. or cheap sts rates, but all previous posts failed to provide any foolproof solution. So i m putting a new thread asking the same question again.

Is there any plan on any mobile service provider which can offer free std to a particular number ? ( precisely between delhi & bombay).

what can be the cheapest std rates that one can avail?

I need yor suggestions.

if you believe in MTNL they treat mtnl to mtnl as local rates :)

in place of calling from mobile there are various options available in lanline segment also to make STD calls cheaper. in Reliance 3000 rent unlimited RIM 2 RIM STD free and 540 pulses free to call at other operators. in Airtel there is Rs 49 pack available. because of this topup all calls made to any airtel(Lanline and Mobile) will be treated as local and one can make calls @ 180/ pulse to airtel nos.

i would like to know about the AIRTEL PACK of RS.49 mentioned above.....

This can be of gret help to me...

If i have this pack in my mobile(Gujarat),,,and call a person also using airtel in Delhi at night ,,,wat will be the call charges for every pulse(3 mins.)

or is there any other alternative for this???

This topup was available in June in Gujrat. for July I don't have Idea. In this topup all calles made to Delhi ( Any operator) will be treated as local so all calles will be considered at 3 min pulse. and for all other circles all Airtel no( Landline and mobile) will treated as local ( 3 minute pulse). And the cost of the toup in Gujrat was 60 per month. Check it out that its available or not.

one more condition was there to get this topup that if you are not living in RWA area then you must opt rs 300+ rental per month.

Now let me explain the plan. suppose you have Rs 1000 rental in Gujrat and your charges are Rs 1 per pulse and you have opted this topup. so if you call any no in Delhi they will charge you Rs 1 /3 min. and if you Call Haryana then Rs 1 /3 min to Airtel no and to other operators normal call rates

I have this query for the technical people to answer.

This is quite tricky......

Tata allows all its mobiles 'Roam like home' features. That means if you ever take your mobile on roaming then it will act as a local mobile with local tariffs in that circle.

Suppose i take 2 tata mobiles

A(Delhi number)

B(Mumbai number)

& i keep both A & B in Mumbai.

Now if i call from A to B, I can call on local tariffs. (Roam like home tariff)

(& if i take free Tata 2 tata pkg on mobile A then all my calls from mobile A to mobile B will be free {while both mobiles are in mumbai})

Now if I divert all incoming calls on mobile A to mobile B.

then will I be able to receive all incoming calls (on mobile A) while roaming for free on mobile B?

(As incoming call from Mobile A will be diverted to Mobile B & all calls from Mobile A to Mobile B are free. & mobile B is a local number & not on roaming so all Incoming calls to it are free.

Is it possible ?? :angry:

no its not possible because of two reasons

1st that you can't get the benifit of T2T free on roaming

2nd for all the calls that you recieve on A you have to pay roaming charges because all the calls are diverted via your mobile A