Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Problem Sending Emails From Outlook Express

Hi - I hope someone can help me?

I want to use Outlook Express to send and recieve emails, and recieving is no problem. Sending is a problem. I contacted CC and they gave me an SMTP address: SMTP.ricmail.com and mail.ricmail.com.

Neither of them work. It sends, and then gives this error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'timpdaniel@yahoo.co.uk'. Subject 'hi Tim', Account: 'pop3.ukonline.co.uk', Server: 'mail.ricmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to yahoo.co.uk is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Does anyone know what it means and why the other servers are rejecting all my emails to any and every account I try to send to? I would really appreciate it! Thanks

Hi welcome to rimweb!

do u have ric mail a/c?

Edited by cracker

The problem you're facing is probably because you have SSL enabled. Disable "My server requires authentication" for outgoing and incoming mail.

Also I don't think Reliance offers mail relaying. So you will have to use a @ricmail.com to use their SMTP servers.

The problem you're facing is probably because you have SSL enabled. Disable "My server requires authentication" for outgoing and incoming mail.

Also I don't think Reliance offers mail relaying. So you will have to use a @ricmail.com to use their SMTP servers.

Hi - thanks for replying.

Yes, I have a ricmail account.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean, I'll have to use a @ricmail.com? Do I put 'mail@ricmail.com' in the SMPT address space? when I do, it tells me it is not a valid SMTP address.

I have tried every variation possible concerning the outgoing mail settings - SSL on, SSL off... for hours now. If Reliance don't allow mail relaying, why don't the CC folks just tell you that at the beginning?

i am using it without any hassle

pop3 is : pop.ricmail.com

smtp is : smtp.ricmail.com

below it "my server require authentication" needs to be checked

You might have a ricmail account. But are you using that account to send your mail?

Judging from the name of your account pop3.ukonline.co.uk I think you're using a different email address to send the mail from.

amitstg has given the exact SMTP & POP settings above.

And almost no ISP allows mail relaying. Its a security precaution against spam and a ploy to make you use (and pay for) their services.

If you want to send mail from another address... download a small (and free) smtp server on your computer. there are several good ones (including IIS that comes with windows). Theres a discussion somewhere in rimweb on that.

Edited by anujit

You might have a ricmail account. But are you using that account to send your mail?

Judging from the name of your account pop3.ukonline.co.uk I think you're using a different email address to send the mail from.

amitstg has given the exact SMTP & POP settings above.

And almost no ISP allows mail relaying. Its a security precaution against spam and a ploy to make you use (and pay for) their services.

If you want to send mail from another address... download a small (and free) smtp server on your computer. there are several good ones (including IIS that comes with windows). Theres a discussion somewhere in rimweb on that.

Thanks so much guys - you've helped me crack it!!! Fantastic! I can download using my own pop3 server and send using the smtp.ricmail.com address. The key was clicking the 'server requires authenication' box and inputting my ricmail user name and password... Wonderful. Really appreciate your time and energy...

Thank you thank you!