Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prathod

Forum Software Upgraded to 2.2.1

Thanks Arun for upgrading and enabling additional features to Rimweb.Would be happy if you could let us know whats new in this upgrade and list available

features so that we can make the maximum use of it.

Edited by prathod

looks good!

Try clicking on members name on the left hand and u will get a pull down menu of options fot that member,a feature which I was missing in Rimweb

The updates include .. but not limited to

Activity Icons ... U know who's online .. and whos not!

Personal profiles

Buddy lists

Comment within profiles

Rate users

Import RSS content as posts

Who's Online In Chat

Large pictures expand middle column in Profile Portal

Quotes in "Reason for edit"

calendar updated

new layout for member search

A more lovable look, better graphics (with more curves) and well a awesome RTE (Rich Text Editor)!

a few improvements for mods / admins, which allows better user management ... :winko:

some nice improvements to the "User warning system" where we warn a user who is going too much off track !

* Ban Finter based on Email Address

* IP address resolve tool updated!!

in a few words ... a real needed improvement!

cheers

ashok

PS : Arun did i miss anything ?

not much other than that Ashok, but other new improvements are internal. This version isn't a major upgrade as it is 2.1.x to 2.2.x - so a few new features, few cosmetic changes and bug fixes were there. This version had undergone a security audit by a company named Gulftech to find any security holes missed by the IPS development team as part of their ongoing effort to keep IPB as secure as possible. For the full list of new features, check out this post

One of the new feature I liked is the "Auto resizing of large linked images" - so no more horizontal scrolling when members post large pictures !

Edited by Arun
This is a new feature !

Some what similar to orkut, in short an extra dose of addiction to RIMweb :winko:

Enlighten skin is for IPB 2.1.x , it isn't compatible with 2.2.x - Enlighten skin for IPB 2.2.x is yet to be released, so will install some other skin

Indra has just installed the "Bullet" skin :cool:

post-1-1168108188_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arun
Attached Image

Yeah... most of the parts have been modified... if you guys come across any error or something... please let us know...

More skins will be installed as and when available....

Congratulations my dear Arun and all dear friends at Rimweb.in for this version upgrade. Hope all of us will be get benefitted with the new features included in this latest version.

But one thing I want to know, why 'CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE' is disabled ?

Regards.

New board, new skin, new member group images, new features, wowwwwwwwwwwwwww :P

Forum is looking sexy :)

and yes! the best feature is automatic resizing of images, now no more need to worry about large images :P

ARUN rich text editor doesn't work

had to switch back to normal editor to post on the forum, could u please check it out (im using Firefox - latest version)

dint have time to check out all the features of the board but the upgrade seems to be cool !! and spl'ly the editor panel and profile improvements :Contento:

Edited by abhay

Rich Text editor is working fine for me on FireFox 1.5.0.9 - I'm posting this message using it on FireFox. Maybe you have any conflicting Extensions installed ?

ARUN rich text editor doesn't work

had to switch back to normal editor to post on the forum, could u please check it out (im using Firefox - latest version)

dint have time to check out all the features of the board but the upgrade seems to be cool !! and spl'ly the editor panel and profile improvements :Contento:

mate it is working fine for me on firefox 2 i think u have disable javascript ? chk the browser setting

Let us know if it doesn't work for you still.... all well here too..

Since the forum upgrade am facing a peculiar problem - I am logged out from the system now and then, and have to repeateadly enter the login information. A moment am browsing a topic, and if I click on some other topic it will sen me to the login page. Sometimes just click on View new posts from a topic will throw the login page.

I believe this is due to some IP based restrictions in the new software - as in one person can be logged in from only one IP at a time, and as we have a few leased lines, and the http requests are routed through one of the many based load balancing, the new forum software logs me out the moment it gets a differnt IP then the one I logged in with.

This was not occuring in the previous version. Could you please check it out.

I composed this post, pressed on the Add Reply button and was again presented with the login screen :SI: . Luckily I had copied the post :SI:

There is a "stronghold cookie" feature introduced in IPB 2.2.x where the cookie is made "strong" by using the first two octets of the IP address. I have now disabled this feature, you may have to clear your cache and cookies before logging in again. However, it is reported at IPSbeyond.com that some users are still having the problem, so it could be a bug which is yet to be sorted out incase you still have the problem.

Please clear the cookies using the "Delete cookies set by this board" link that you see in the forum index page (bottom).

Thanks Arun! I will let you know if I face the problem again.

nah !! it works someimes and sometimes it does'nt i also thing its some conflict with extentions!! ill try to figure it out on this weekend. :Equivocado:

nahin vishal bhai clearing cache dose'nt work for me

^^

Did u try other browsers? I think u shouldnt hv any problem with IE or Opera :Equivocado:

Try them and tell us :P

the new look is reailly cool and the PM Popup is a boon for members who never took paind to read their pm's

Feels like migrating from 98 to XP

Thanks ARUN and all