Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

Yes, as previously mentioned in some post of this topic. The time limit varies on the member groups.

Arun this post came up at front page even though last post in it was quite old. How so?

The format of showing the latest post has changed. The timings mentioned are accurate, the earlier format often had wrong times. Is this the new homepage?

Arun this post came up at front page even though last post in it was quite old. How so?

Looks like someone voted in the topic which caused it to be shown up in the active list. The main page list uses a third party script to show up the topics and unfortunately there isn't an option to avoid votes from being treated as an update when I checked.

The format of showing the latest post has changed. The timings mentioned are accurate, the earlier format often had wrong times. Is this the new homepage?

I changed it now when I was looking for options. Yes, this format is better I think. Nah, the new home page is a portal script from Invision Power which will have tighter integration with the forum and lot more flexible with options. The script was purchased but needs to be customized and I haven't been able to get hold of a designer yet who knows the script inside out to customize it.

• Like 1

Came across some nice Emoticons... Any chance they can be introduced ?

smiley-bounce022.gifdepressed.gificon_search.gifRead.gifyahoo.gifBoy%20Thumbs%20Up.gifsuicide.gificon_rofl.gifgrin.gifcrazy1.gifpleasantry.gifargue.gifhaha.gifKill.gifduel.gifthumbup.gifno.gif

Added! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Wow. Superfast. Thanks. Boy%20Thumbs%20Up.gif:rockon::signthankspin:

Hi, Why some top posters do not have pictures of avatar?

Sorry if this has been answered already. Too tired to go through 41 pages.

Have a link to that profile?

Hello Arun ji,

How about adding network service provider to our profiles so one can see what network we are hooked on to?

eg:

Group: RIM Guru

Full Name: Sumit Verma

City: NewDelhi or Delhi

Handset: HTC EVO 4G - w00t w00t!

Handset - II: Samsung Epic 4G - w00t w00t!

Network: Tata Indicom

Network - II: Bharti Airtel

^^

Good suggestion sumitbhai I am seen this in other forum.

Arun check it.

I have added the Network field now. I have limited it to single field as the profile area is already big. You can edit it through Your control panel > Profile > Change Profile Information

• Like 3

As per suggestion of a member I have split "Reliance Mobile" in the Network drop-down to "Reliance CDMA" & "Reliance GSM"

Hello Arun ji,

Is it possible to filter the posts that I have been thanked for?

:previous: I don't think there is an option for that

Arun ji, is there any way to add +1 to a post when using tapatalk.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

:previous: Not as of now but I have opened a feature request for the Tapatalk developers to include that.
  • Like 1

Arun ji can you please arrange for improving the "City Name" database field?

You mean to add missing cities? Do you know any website with more cities in their drop-down registration form?

Isnt it better to just let people type the city's name?

• Like 1

@SumitVerma: Yeah,That is really a better option.

^

I was about to point it out. Many of the friends here in our forum are not finding the actual city name where they reside.

Arun ji, our city database can otherwise include names of smaller cities from drop-down lists like this website or bank location search page of SBI. In that case many smaller cities will get featured.

There may be a field to point the latitude/longitude of the place. Mine is N23°39'57.84", E87°40'44.49".

:previous: The custom profile field will have to be either a dropdown or a radio button or text area input only; so that won't be possible. Which city/town are you from?

Text area input will work out since the member can enter the city name directly; however the field will become blank for all members who have selected the city name for the past several years and will have to enter/type the city from now again. What say?