Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

In the new format, there is no option to directly go to a particular page of a thread. This means that every time we have to first open the thread then go to the last page. It makes viewing more difficult and also uses more data.

Also, the continuous prompts to accept notifications is very irritating.

Edited by commonman
Added further comments

Tapatalk login problem ...

Yes Tapatalk login problem

8 hours ago, prihir said:

ditto...

But other than the Tapatalk login issues, I like the new look n feel of forum very much.. So dear Arun, please solve it asap...

21 hours ago, commonman said:

In the new format, there is no option to directly go to a particular page of a thread. This means that every time we have to first open the thread then go to the last page. It makes viewing more difficult and also uses more data.

Not sure if I understood your question. This is the menu bar that I see which has the first page link (<<), last page link (>>), Next page link (NEXT), individual page links and option to enter a particular page number to go to that page:

2016-05-16.png

21 hours ago, commonman said:

Also, the continuous prompts to accept notifications is very irritating.

Can you let me know which notifications are you referring to?

21 hours ago, prihir said:

19 hours ago, drmadhu said:

Yes Tapatalk login problem

12 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

ditto...

But other than the Tapatalk login issues, I like the new look n feel of forum very much.. So dear Arun, please solve it asap...

Tapatalk for IPB 4 has been installed now. Please let me know if it is working fine or not.

Tapatalk

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Arun said:

Not sure if I understood your question. This is the menu bar that I see which has the first page link (<<), last page link (>>), Next page link (NEXT), individual page links and option to enter a particular page number to go to that page:

2016-05-16.png

Can you let me know which notifications are you referring to?

Earlier, when "unread content" was clicked, it would show a list of threads and also the links for individual pages beside  each threqad, so we could directly open a particular page of a thread directly from the list. Now the last is shown only at the top when the thread is opened. So First we have to open a particular thread from the unread contents list, and then go to a particular page of that opened thread.

regarding second issue,

I am using firefox and every time I opened a page a pop-up was coming up  "www.rimweb.in .... Would you like to receive notifications from this site? ". now found the option to block it.

23 minutes ago, commonman said:

Earlier, when "unread content" was clicked, it would show a list of threads and also the links for individual pages beside  each threqad, so we could directly open a particular page of a thread directly from the list. Now the last is shown only at the top when the thread is opened. So First we have to open a particular thread from the unread contents list, and then go to a particular page of that opened thread.

You can click on the last update time link below the topic title to go directly to the last unread post. For example in the following Unread list, clicking on "13 minutes ago" will take me directly to the last unread post in that topic:

2016-05-16 (1).png

regarding second issue,

I am using firefox and every time I opened a page a pop-up was coming up  "www.rimweb.in .... Would you like to receive notifications from this site? ". now found the option to block it.

That is a notification feature in your browser where updates (like reply notifications) can be pushed to your desktop when the browser is open (or running in the background) even if you haven't opened the website. To manage browser notifications you can check your browser settings. For Firefox see: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2016/01/25/firefox-can-now-get-push-notifications-from-your-favorite-sites/

I keep getting logged out even after i reset my password and ticked remember me.

and after resetting the pass i can browse as registered member, but if i close the session without logging out, i have to reenter the password and the password shows as wrong. I keep getting locked out for 15 minutes? 

Edited by nitink

Looks like Tapatalk issue is solved now. Thanks ji

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I am getting 2 email notifications for every message posted on "Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE". Not a dealbreaker...but seems a bug.

Thanks.

IP.Board has been upgraded to version 4.1.12.1 now which should fix some of the issues in the new version.

@nitink That looks like an issue with cookie as you are unable to use the new password as well. If it is still not working for you then please contact me via PM and I will try to login to your account.

@NanduNaada I have seen the double notification sometimes as well. I am not sure if the new version fixed that issue; if not I will have to check with the devs again.

For Tapatalk related issues please use this topic: 

IP.Board 4.1.13.2 was released couple of days ago and I have upgraded the forum now. I am hoping this would iron out previously reported issues. So please let me know if your issue is resolved now and if you notice any new issues.

• Like 2

arunji , my password in rimweb never gets saved. am using opera 

i dont face this issue in buysellweb.in

^^ Opera browser on PC or mobile?

I am using Chrome browser and why image in a post not resizing 

^^

Can you link me to the post in question? and are you checking on PC or mobile chrome browser?

• Like 1

I have few suggestions:

1. Why not Rename Reliance Mobile - CDMA Services to Reliance Mobile - 4G/LTE Services. (Is it too early to think of it or GSM Services will be renamed 4G services later once it is commercially launched ?)
  2. Why not include Reliance 4G option in the Network selection box in profile. (We have already moved to 4G from CDMA and we are selecting GSM instead, though I know that the basic network for 4G is GSM.)
  3. Reliance Mobile Handset or Secondary Handset option in the profile should be updated with new models or Custom option should be added so that one can write the correct model. (Otherwise it remains "Not Listed" for many users - after adding Custom option "Not Listed" could be changed to "Not Disclosing/Telling".
  4. Also include R-Jio in the Network selection box.

Will suggest again if any thing else comes in my mind.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:02 AM, Arun said:

IP.Board 4.1.13.2 was released couple of days ago and I have upgraded the forum now. I am hoping this would iron out previously reported issues. So please let me know if your issue is resolved now and if you notice any new issues.

Multiple notification issue seems to be fixed. :)

The unread content interface is bad after upgrade. It was much better earlier. 

Clicking the unread content post it goes to first post rather than going to unread post. 

There is no way to get just topics with unread content rather than individual posts. 

^^
Click the second option (Unread item links take me to the first unread comment) in the "Read Status" drop fown on the top bar

unread.jpg

Nice to see that FORUM has been re-organized - Good job.

Something still missing - Profile section still has Reliance CDMA option where as Reliance CDMA Network is no more available AFAIK.

Profile section also needs revamping.:D

On 7/31/2016 at 4:27 PM, Arun said:

^^
Click the second option (Unread item links take me to the first unread comment) in the "Read Status" drop fown on the top bar

unread.jpg

Thanks Arun. this is useful now.

Still one pain remains - getting unread topic list (including new topic) instead of individual posts. Any way for this.

Edited by mywebid
correction

^^^
You mean just the topic links list instead of any content from the topic/post?

Click "Condensed" on the top right:

condensed.jpg