Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Lets Ask Arun

Hello my dear friends.

As we all are aware that sometimes we have some questions & suggestions in our mind for our beloved Rimweb.in

For this purpose we used to send a PM (personal message) to Arun or Moderators. So, if your questions and suggestions are not too much personal, why not we post them here in a single thread. It will be easier for them also to answer our questions and suggestions here.

And if any member still think that the matter which he/she wants to discuss with the Administrator or Moderators is too much personal, than the member is free to PM them.

Lets start asking them.

The first question of this thread to Arun is :

Q. After the upgrade of Rimweb.in to the new version of Invision Power Board, the "Custom Member Title" disappeared from the post of every member. Would this issue settle down in the near future or would this upgrade doesn't support "Custom Member Title" ?

Regards.

Edited by Honest
  • Like 3

wow, a topic with my name in the title ! :cheer:

Q. After the upgrade of Rimweb.in to the new version of Invision Power Board, the "Custom Member Title" disappeared from the post of every member. Would this issue settle down in the near future or would this upgrade doesn't support "Custom Member Title" ?

It has nothing to do with the upgrade, but Indra had disabled it when tweaking the Group Title Icon image. Anyway, it has been enabled back now after making some changes, especially in the 'Bullet' skin !

^^^

Thanks my dear Arun for replying.

As "Custom Member Title" is enabled now. I want to suggest that if "Custom Member Title" display above the group icon (as it displayed in old version) then it will look much nice. As, by now, it is looking mix-up with other details of the member below the group icon.

Or, if the colour of the text in "Custom Member Title" is different, then it will be OK below the group icon also.

Its only a suggestion my dear friend.

Regards.

• Like 1

As "Custom Member Title" is enabled now. I want to suggest that if "Custom Member Title" display above the group icon (as it displayed in old version) then it will look much nice. As, by now, it is looking mix-up with other details of the member below the group icon.

Or, if the colour of the text in "Custom Member Title" is different, then it will be OK below the group icon also.

Its only a suggestion my dear friend.

The thing you were refering to was for the default skin... I have edited it to look different than members information...

Suggestions are always welcome mate as it helps myself, ourselves and RIMweb as a whole... keep it coming dude...

^^^

@punbros

Thanks a lot my dear friend for editing "Custom Member Title" to look different than member's information.

Now its looking really cool in default skin also.

Regards.

• Like 1

What is the best way to search for a thread/title in the forum??

For example the other day I was trying to locate the "Buy-Sell" thread without much success.

Edited by compenn

What is the best way to search for a thread/title in the forum??

For example the other day I was trying to locate the "Buy-Sell" thread without much success.

Type in Lesser WOrds but appropriate ones and with the exact spellings This searching trick applies to all search algo's.

• Like 1

Do not use the " " (quotes) and just enter the words alone. Like neerajayshree pointed out, enter the most appropriate words only. Using the keywords: buy sell , the topic was listed in the first page itself (it is a pinned topic too, so it will appear on top). If you do not have any luck with the IPB Search tool, then try the "Google Search for RIMweb" link that you find on the top of every page (currently in the Default skin only), which can generate more results.

• Haha 1

use google, adding the keywords rimweb..

my question

1. where have some mods disappeared?

ignorance is bliss :o

code, sunil, niket, chirag, also dacodecz

greens and city do come up now and then

Thats the effect of "Evolution" in a public forum... old members go inactive, new members become active... and it keeps going... does that make sense ? :winko:

Is there any option that u can enable so that users can edit or delete comments that they have posted for other members.Like suppose I posted a comment for you and later on I feel, I need to edit it or delete it can I do it ? presently I can only delete comments posted for me by others but cant edit them nor can I edit or delete comments I post for others.

lol prathod...some psycho would delete all the forum posts that way :winko:

Yup !

I am not talking about deleting forum posts,I am talking about comments in member's profile.I have posted comments in Arun's,StaticElectricity's and Theking's profile for u all to understand what I meant to say here.

@theking I think u did not understand what I was asking,why would I want to delete other people's or forum's post,i think u did not explore the new upgrade properly.I have posted a comment for you in ur profile u can read it by clicking ur user name and selecting the view profile option u get in the pull down menu.u will also get a email about the comment posted for you.

Yeah Bored and his pseudo alias brother

I am not talking about deleting forum posts,I am talking about comments in member's profile.I have posted comments in Arun's,StaticElectricity's and Theking's profile for u all to understand what I meant to say here.

Sorry prathod, I didn't notice it was the new comments feature that you meant (After reading theking's reply, I thought you were referring to posts). Unfortunately, it isn't possible to delete the comments posted by you on another member's profile and there isn't any option in the ACP to enable such a feature either. Anyway, if its something urgent, you can request a moderator/administrator to delete it.

"Bored" - aah !! memories of the past!

can we have the moderators on messenger any one google or windows live.

it would facilitate a quick interaction. :grin:

for that matter why not have a interface of a chat room. like.. :Decepcionado: for all the rimweb members.

a shoutbox

Sure ... that is something that can be worked out :)

btw if I could be of help (whenever I'm online - which is mostly if I'm not riding) u can catch me on ashok.karkera (gtalk)

a chat room, lets see ... aruns call now :D

cheers

ashok