Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manav

Applications On 2865

hey guys ,

i have a 2865 and wanted any input about how to use his phone to the maximum of its capabilities...where to get softwares...themes ..codes..new fw ..etc for this model ,,

if you hav any info please share it ..

regards,

Manav

Edited by manav

most of the tones , wallpapers , some themes and software of nokia 6265 work well with this . you can check thread of nokia 6265 for stuff . i too downloaded a lot from there

most of the tones , wallpapers , some themes and software of nokia 6265 work well with this . you can check thread of nokia 6265 for stuff . i too downloaded a lot from there

can we install opera mini on this?

If use browse using opera mini or built in browser, how much does reliance charge for it?

Depends on whether you are on DAPO or not. If you are on DAPO, wap browsing is full free. If you are not on DAPO, then enrol yourself on Membership Plan before 20.12.2006 and enjoy full free wap browsing, otherwise you will be charged 10ps per 10kb.

A separate thread on this issue is going on, search for it.

Thanks

Depends on whether you are on DAPO or not. If you are on DAPO, wap browsing is full free. If you are not on DAPO, then enrol yourself on Membership Plan before 20.12.2006 and enjoy full free wap browsing, otherwise you will be charged 10ps per 10kb.

Thanks

that was a quick reply. thanks for help :P

how much does this membership plan cost? Rs 25 a month, right?

do i need to call *333 to enable membership plan? its really difficult to get through *333. its engaged all the time :P is there any other way to enable it?

Go to WW, or try *366. It may work. And yes, Rs 25 per month is the correct charges.

:grin::Contento::P:P

Thanks

that was a quick reply. thanks for help :P

do i need to call *333 to enable membership plan? its really difficult to get through *333. its engaged all the time :P is there any other way to enable it?

bad news. reliance is no more allowing membership :grin: I should not have disabled my membership at that time :Contento:

now new membership costs 249 a month. This is too high just to check my gmail once or twice a day.

its better for me to stick to 10 paise per 10 KB.

How can I set this phone to pure vibrate mode?

ie. when i get a call, it should vibrate but not make any sound.

thanks in advance.

Go to profiles and make necessary changes there. A lot of options are available there. Tinker with them and optimise your phone to your liking. Hope it is of use to you. Nokia is diff than lg and you cannot get vibrate mode by pressing just one key. After you have made your settings, you can assign the vibrate mode to your go to shortcuts and them select vibrate mode.

thanks in advance.

Edit ur silent profile, put on VIBRATE.

thanks in advance.

Edit ur silent profile, put on VIBRATE.

exactly its too simple. Three cheers to the Indian Spirit of R&D.

Edit your propfile and set it to vibrate.

can be done in any phone/ handset.

I cant see any reason behind reliance site still not listing 2865.

Anyone???

I cant see any reason behind reliance site still not listing 2865.

Anyone???

:Confuso: may be they are debating on 'which is the better handset' to take off the site.

and cannot decide :GirandoOjos:

btw the same thing was done with motorola v730 too.

am i correct :GirandoOjos:

and taking into account the lack of enthu from the users as also RWW people are not promoting it. :GirandoOjos:

its better marketed without the hype.

can u believe lack of detailed review in web. :Riendo:

only battery life seems to be commendable :Sorprendido:

otherwise its so so so :help:

Thanks

that was a quick reply. thanks for help :Sorprendido:

do i need to call *333 to enable membership plan? its really difficult to get through *333. its engaged all the time :Sorprendido: is there any other way to enable it?

bad news. reliance is no more allowing membership :winko: I should not have disabled my membership at that time :winko:

now new membership costs 249 a month. This is too high just to check my gmail once or twice a day.

its better for me to stick to 10 paise per 10 KB.

further bad news!

old members in prepaid have also been discontinued from the membershipof r-world. now only content charges of 10ps for 10Kb will apply along with user charges for select applications!

in short ready to pay more if u use it heavily!

Guys. :Chulo:

This topic has been initiated to discuss the applications that can run on 2865. :clap:

For the matter we have tried excel and know that it can be put in but cann not :NO: be edited.

If you know of any such applications :P , that you think can and will run on 2865 do discuss it here with Guys. :)

hi is it possible to transfer excel file from computer to phone and read it

hi is it possible to transfer excel file from computer to phone and read it

you can get this file on 2865

and then when you go for options it has open existing file or create new one.

i think it can be done.

excel.zip

Yeah there is way of transferring excel files to ur mobile..

but it is a bit tricky..

when u click on open sheet in the software then it shows 2 options - New Sheet and From Server..

If u click new sheet then a new blank sheet wil b opened..

but if u click on from server then it wil ask the server address..this means first u wil have to upload ur excel file

to the website www.simprit.com/miniexcel/sheet and then access the excel file frm ur mobile..

this requires the handset to have wap enabled..

this is the only way to read ur file on mobile.

Edited by kunal hemrajani

Handy app..but not possible to upload ur word files(no option of uploading ur files)

but u can create and edit it in ur mobile itself.

Handy app..but not possible to upload ur word files(no option of uploading ur files)

but u can create and edit it in ur mobile itself.

you are very right. :Decepcionado:

what more even the numbers - keypad have some specific :Chulo: attributes which are not shown differently in any way. this way you can save, delete amongst other things.

:)

Opera mini can also be used on it.

how usefulit would be.. dont know.

Edited by copperco2

i tried opera mini in my 6235..but as the wap is disabled on 6235..so it was of no use to me.

For Mods - plz change the name of this thread to "Download Applications Of Nokia 6235 and 2865".

i tried opera mini in my 6235..but as the wap is disabled on 6235..so it was of no use to me.

For Mods - plz change the name of this thread to "Download Applications Of Nokia 6235 and 2865".

Opera mini works abt okay on 2865 :GirandoOjos: but then after closing the application some unnecessary files are seen created :Equivocado: , need to be deleted.

same thing abt excel and word files. :Decepcionado:

as i said earlier - :Riendo: for word even the keypad has significance as to say pressing 7 closes the application. :Decepcionado:

As for changing the name of this thread.. :Chulo: i would certainly be against it as there is a separate thread going on :)http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=4893

for 6235. it is named as All About Nokia 6235. :Chulo:

can anybody throw some light :GirandoOjos: on the files that are created :confuse: after closing the application like word, excel, opera mini which can be seen thry bluetooth file transfer :Sorprendido: . these file i suspect are temp files :Confuso: but then they are initially not visible on 2865 and if you want to delete them <_< then you 'have to' :Equivocado: delete when they become visible on handset and not possible thru file transfer. :Decepcionado:

:rofl_200: :rofl_200: :Riendo: :Riendo: :NOTriste::confuse:

why the hell.. the type of the file is shown as real media file , got even the icon? :NOTriste:

tries to put in the word doc bt does not support the file format. :Chulo:

can abubody be kinf enuf to do the R&D :grin:

.rms is the extention. ;) if any of the applications or their extentions are opened then even if you do not want to save then too these files are created. says Secure real audio/ real video file!

what is it? :Equivocado:

try the office appl. and you will find it coming true.. :)

3_apps.zip

Edited by copperco2