Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vmsanghrajka

Motorola Q To Launch In India Soon

Motorola Q to launch in India soon

Samsung Blackjack might be the hottest Windows Mobile device in the US, but the Indian market is eagerly awaiting the launch of Motorola Q, according to our good buddy Aman Kapoor, principal with consulting/research group, Packetology.

Motorola intends to launch both the CDMA and the GSM versions of the Q phone in India. Tata and Reliance Communications are the two carriers who are currently in negotiations with Motorola to get the device that is being personally touted by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. The CDMA-Q will be the first one to launch in India, and will be followed by the GSM version. If true, then this is good news for those who are awaiting the release of the GSM-Q. There have been some recent rumors that Moto may put GSM-Q on ice.

post-5706-1169631849.jpg

Ya the detailed review will be a bit more useful rater than just the mention of if.

now we would have variety in this segment too . good reliance thinking of some class sets also . otherwise thet are busy launching new classic models

Motorola Q, for which rumors have been floating around for a while, was justa approved by the FCC. As expected, the Q will be initially available with CDMA networks support and will be released by both Reliance and Tata.

In only 0.45 thick body, Motorola have put

1.3 megapixel camera,

QVGA display,

Windows Mobile for Smartphones Operating System version 5.0, and

slot for miniSD cards for memory expansion.

QWERTY keyboard

The CDMA version operates in 800/1900 MHz CDMA networks and can take advantage of the high-speed EV-DO.

Remember it have the Operating System as

Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition

It not the same as Windows Mobile 5 PPC (Pocket PC Edition)

Browsing Experience is same but the So many Program Optimised to Operate by Keys and Stylus.

UTStar PPC-6700 uses more Powerfull OS WIndows Mobile 5 PPC Edition

The Advantage in Q is Definately the Size, Compactness, Lightweight. It Directly Competes Nokia E60, E61, Imate JAQ, and Blackberry Range of Phones

Nokia E60,E61, Some Blackberyy only Support Key based Navigation and not Stylus based Navigation.

it looks mouth watering :( . any guesses for the price to be :)

More than 25 K buddy

Already Selling in USA as Hot Cake for $550 to 600 Range and in Plan Based sold @ $ 275 and above

One Mr.X called me up from newyork airport asking if we can use this handset on reliance.

I said yes.

Now one of our forum member helping him to use it here on reliance.

We are one step ahead.

Anybody had Imported Moto Q in India please PM me

I am eager to Import Moto Q and Moto KRZR in India

Edited by hpnasik

RIM should have long released the Blackberry by now. what a mistake. they lost all the big corporates to Airtel first, and then Hutch. and considering carriers in india dont subsidize handset, I am sure RIM lost a lot of money from Hardware sales as well.'

An airtel guy told me two years back they had sold much more than 10,000 BBs.

At an average price of 25,000 each, the Rs 250,000,000! in Harware sales. add other fees.

and an average billing of Rs 1000 per person (its actually way more), for 10,000 users its

Rs 10,000,000 per month since the last two years. thats some Rs240,000,000!!!

no mention on their website yet... nor on the online store either !

Yeah..watersigndj..

i checked their site..but it was not mentioned on their site..

check out the Tata True value Hubs..n u wil gt the detailed info about it..

@vaibhav

sowy 4 da delay..

it is priced around 20k..

cudnt gt mor info on it..

as soon as i wil get mor info ..i wil post it ere..

Motorola Q9m in the wild

Posted Jun 18th 2007 4:05PM by Sean Cooper

Filed under: Handsets, Motorola, Windows Mobile, EV-DO, CDMA

Well, it seems the Motorola Q9m has picked Verizon as its first CDMA home in the States and not Sprint as we had previously suggested -- though we aren't counting out this landing at Sprint yet. Our favorite early adopter The Boy Genius has gotten his mitts all over one of Motorola's newest and it is sporting Verizon livery (replete with lovely red accents) as proof of its new home. He seems pretty enthused about the keyboard on the Q9m and goes as far as calling it "fantastic" -- it adds a scroll wheel sorely missing from its GSM cousin and the rubberized back apparently really helps it stay planted in the hands. Of course, this ain't the final word on the handset previously known as "Nelson," but the moment we have the big picture on release date, pricing and all that other good stuff, we'll post it up here.