Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Kunal Hemrajani

Vista Launched

Microsoft has launched the consumer version of its Windows Vista operating system, the most expensive software programme in the world that took five years and $7 billion to develop.

The massive programme, which reportedly contains 50 million lines of code, went on sale at midnight Monday in 100 launch events around the world, with one of the earliest launches in Tokyo where customers were said to have lined up outside stores to get their hands on the new system.

Speaking to journalists in New York, Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer said he expected Vista to be the most successful launch in the company's history, selling twice as many copies in its first three months as Windows XP and five times as many units as Windows 95.

"By midnight anybody in America can buy an upgrade or a new computer with Windows Vista installed," Ballmer said.

Noting the changes since Microsoft first launched Windows 95 and Office 95 12 years ago, Ballmer said: "Today the PC is the centre of how people control their digital lifestyle."

Vista includes improved graphics, tighter security and integrated computer searches. "We have focused on making the products safer with security, parental controls, and anti-phishing," Ballmer.

But some analysts question whether Vista offers enough improvements to prompt users to upgrade their computers. The programme is being launched in conjunction with a new productivity suite called Office 2007. Together the two programmes have accounted for some 90 percent of Microsoft revenues.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1915175,00050001.htm

I saw their webcast of the lauch party. :confuse: and yes its highly priced..Rs.11000 for Vista home premium.. :confuse: Im happy with my xp and ubuntu.. :NOTriste:

Finally its out my dear friends. Hope it could be very useful to all its users with good security measures.

Cheers !

I saw their webcast of the lauch party. :confuse: and yes its highly priced..Rs.11000 for Vista home premium.. :confuse: Im happy with my xp and ubuntu.. :NOTriste:

heheh i think if u download it u will probably get the premium edition in less than 11 nights :GirandoOjos:

Edited by abhay

Any body already installed this one.

How was the performance....

Most importantly whats the cheapest graphics card that can run the aero glass interface?????

Read somewhere that the performance of games in vista is so bad compared to xp.

Well I don't know if the performance of games would be worse on Vista. There's a new DirectX version for Vista (v 10.0) and Vista by itself requires much much more video ram - at least 256 MB. So a machine with around 256-512MB video ram should work much better at games than an XP machine.

I'm using Genuine Windows VISTA since many days :)

In performance, I didnt find any difference between my XP and Vista.

Vista is running very smoothly on my system with 512 MB DDR RAM. :winko:

Currently I'm posting this post from Vista. :SI:

VISTA eats cpu. It heats up my processor than my xp

Ya my dear friends, Vista may be using more ram and system resources but it is very much secure version of windows. Written with 50 Lac codes, it is not easy even for piraters to pirate this version. So its no no to pirates.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

whatever licensing techniques microsoft may use, eventually some one will come up with a work around to beat it.

Uummm actually it was beaten on the day it was launched.

Heres what happened:

Vista (the 2 biz editions) can run with the help of local license servers. This means that for large corporations who purchase thousands of licenses.... they can run a server in house to validate their copy of Vista. This check needs to be done every 6 months. The license servers however don't need to check back with M$.

So some smart dudes have found a way to fake a license server. So all you need to do is patch your Vista to check the fake license server (which will of course validate you right away)! Only limitation is that you can validate the 2 business editions only.

yup anijit is right just give it some time it will be cracked like m$ WGA crap (although that was cracked within 24 hrs of release) :Confuso:

vista ultimate is already available for download on both torrent and rapidshare with crack :Confuso:

Ya my dear friends, Vista may be using more ram and system resources but it is very much secure version of windows. Written with 50 Lac codes, it is not easy even for piraters to pirate this version. So its no no to pirates.

Regards.

Honest, Honestly speaking :angry:

vista's RTM cracks were out even before the software itself was released to public. :GirandoOjos:

^^^

@ashokjp

Yes my dear Ashok it may be possible. As we all knows that nothing is impossible in this world. But at the same time I assume that Vista is much more secure in terms of virus attacks, automatic spy softwares downloads, Phishing and alike.

Regards.

And here comes the first Hole that could be Exploited on Windows Vista.

So much for the secure Windows thing. :angry::GirandoOjos:

I recorded a sound file that would engage speech command on Vista, then engaged the start button, and then I asked for the command prompt. When I played back the sound file with the speakers turned up loud, it actually engaged the speech command system and fired up the start menu. I had to try a few more times to get the audio recording quality high enough to get the exact commands I wanted but the shocking thing is that it worked! Anyone that's ever visited MySpace knows how many annoying webpages out there that will start blasting loud MP3 music as soon as they enter the page. [update 4:17PM - Someone asked me how loud I had the speakers. To my surprise, not very loud at all and I was shocked at how well it worked. I didn't even believe it would work at the loudest setting let alone at a moderate sound level.]

Read more

well this is surely one hole other than the hole it is gonna make in our pockets. :angry:

Regards.

:Decepcionado::Riendo::NOTriste:

It is but very obvious that many more security loop holes will be discovered on Vista.

Only if MS keeps its eyes & ears open and acts fast on any security issues reported, then it could keep check on hackers to some extent.

Reportedly the long delay in developing Vista was because the programmers working on Vista were immediately called upon to fix the numerous security issues in XP (they came up with XP-SP2) as MS initially didn't aknowledge any security holes in XP as it claimed XP to be most secure.

Regards.

Microsoft has always been the favourite of hackers bcoz flaws are present and holes have been left open for them.And read lately in the newspapers that pirated versions of Vista are available in China for $10 or so.... :help:

@prathod

have you gone thru the fort market on the streets or lamington road. :help:

Vista is already there on the shelves.. :GirandoOjos:

I am having 865 GSA Intel motherboard, from where can i get drivers for Vista aero (Graphics).

well willing to install vista ...know that it will need more RAM but one thing is poopping in my mind wont it run on my conventional computer...as i use winxp on them,......its pentium IV 1.5 ghz, and whats this bull **** concept of thumb drive ..whenever you feel your system is slow inject in thuumb drive and experience the thrill..

Vis(TA)hal please cleaer it