Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Kunal Hemrajani

Vista Launched

VISTA NEEDS ATEAST 512 ram TO RUN....

IF COMPUTER DOESNT HAVE RAM LESS THAN 512 THEN IT DOESNT EVEN INSTALLS

I AM HAVING VISTA WITH 512 RAM AND 3D GRAPHIC CARD STILL I BELEIVE ITS NOT SMOOTH ENOUGH

I BELEIVE 1 GB RAM WILL SOON BE A BASIC RAM AS ITS FOUND IN MOST NEW PC's

I agree with Vikalp.

Even the online store circuit city has most of the laptops going with ram at 1gb.

time is not too far when it becomes the norm rather than choice. :lol:

well willing to install vista ...know that it will need more RAM but one thing is poopping in my mind wont it run on my conventional computer...as i use winxp on them,......its pentium IV 1.5 ghz, and whats this bull **** concept of thumb drive ..whenever you feel your system is slow inject in thuumb drive and experience the thrill..

Vis(TA)hal please cleaer it

Hi,

U need 1 GB RAM to run Vista smoothly...if you have 512 MB RAM additionally u can plug in your 512 MB pen drive

so than the performance would be smoother........ 1 GB is mandatory for VISTA to run smoothly...... so thats

where your pen drive could be useful in enhancing your VISTA speed.

regards

rajiv

Edited by coolrajiv

I read somewhere that Altho you can use Flashdrive or a pen drive as a Hard disk it is not possible to use a normal pendrive as a RAM... Reasons given where a RAM is supposed to be volatile n fast in storing and a USB flashdisk is supposed to be non volatile n hence comparatively slower... so it was mentioned that it is uneconomical n useless to try using pendrive for the purpose instead there are some spl pendrives which are intended for the same purpose.... you can use them... if someone has got a doubt in what i said then i'll google for the same page n post a link over here...

The feature u guys r talking about is "Ready Boost" and it was designed to make the Vista boot faster and not to run Vista faster. :)

U can use the Ready Boost enabled pen drives to boot ur system faster. If u'll use them while working on Vista, u'll loose ur pen drive very soon coz there is a limit (like 3000 times) we can write data on pen drives. And u'll also not get a major performance difference while running Vista with pen drives.

But yes using these drives while booting Vista makes the boot process very fast. :SI:

can some one please tell which is the cheapest graphics cars that supports the new aero glass interface

For Aero capability you'll need:

DirectX 9-class GPU that supports:

* A WDDM Driver

* Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware

* 32 bits per pixel

* Atleast 256 MB RAM for decent performance

The minimum requirements for graphics cards from the major vendors include the Radeon 9500 from ATI Technologies and the GeForce FX from NVIDIA.