Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhay

Let’s Protest!

Indian Narrowband Nightmare: Let’s protest!

I am sick of the awful speeds, the promises made in the name of “Broadband”. We as users have been taken for a ride BIG time and I hate the snail pace. We are being ripped off without any safeguards.

I am proposing to all the members to get together and fight for our rights instead of getting on the forums and complaining about the ISP’s. We have done it earlier when couple of members got together to petition BSNL to introduce 256kbps unlimited. It works when all of you would get together on a common platform.

The broad contours of my idea is to file for information under Right to Information act to BSNL, TRAI, Department of Telecom, MTNL to reveal their plans for the following:

1) What steps have you taken to ensure the quality of services?

2) What is the actual cost of bandwidth, how much bandwidth is available, where do you source your bandwidth needs, what does it cost to provide the same to the end consumer?

3) What is the basis for such high user charges?

4) What is the grievances redressal mechanism? What actions do you take to ensure that the complaints are handled in a time bound manner and that the orders passed by the authority are binding on the concerned officer?

5) This one for TRAI: What have you ensured that your recommendations are binding on the concerned telecom companies and how do you ensure compliance to reign in the offending companies?

As I mentioned, these are the broad ideas under which I intend to work on. I would be glad if you could bounce on in some ideas here.

Frankly, the world is moving beyond the kbps speeds all over and I find no end to the miserable pathetic narrow band for which I am paying my hard earned money without getting my money’s worth. The same thing can be addressed for the mobile services but then we ought to focus on one thing here for the time being.

I have been reading horror stories of customers being taken for a ride when they have been promised the earth and instead get peanuts. Why don’t you all get together on a common platform and raise your voice against this? As per the TRAI’s official documents, they are duty bound to safe guard our interests instead of just drawing their salaries and do nothing. In similar vein, BSNL is duty bound to serve us instead of acting unilaterally the way it does.

I welcome more ideas and let’s do something together for a long last solution rather than just whine around.

http://sifybroadband.techwhack.com/634/india-narrowband/

i dont know if ARUN will allow multi forum activities in here but Abhishek here has a point we should unite against this CRAP which we are getting !! my personal experience with SIFY has been horrible and i would love to raise my voice against it on MY behalf on OUR behalf

what say guys ?? if you are game plz post some ideas so we could come together and fight against it !!

Edited by abhay

Yes I support Abhay in All Way.

Flooding the Text in Forum not gonna help us.

We must have do some Topic to Discuss How any User can Push our Views, Expectation to the Policy Makers.

I think We also Have to Participate all Discussion on TRAI Open House Discussion,

I have already participated in Roaming Rental, Reduction in Domestic Leased line Tariff and Mobile Number Portability.

thnaks hpnasik.

nah we are NOT supporting ME , Abhishek , bbforum , rimweb or anyone!! WE all here are supporting the CAUSE

Edited by abhay

^^^

My dear friends I too agree and support abhay in all / any ways.

Regards.

There are countries where you can get 2MBPS unlimited for equivalent to Rs. 1250.

Then why is it not possible in India!!

There are countries where you can get 2MBPS unlimited for equivalent to Rs. 1250.

Then why is it not possible in India!!

yup this is what we should go against!! do we have some1 in our forum who knows about legal applications of this !!