Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

Tata Bets Big On Cdma Technology

Tata Tele bets big on CDMA, brand visibility to gain 20% market share

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ MONDAY, MARCH 05, 2007 03:23:50 AM]

BANGALORE: Aiming at a subscriber base of 100 million by 2011, and garnering 20% marketshare, Tata Teleservices, the leading telecom operator, is betting on the CDMA technology and higher brand visibility to reach this target. Tata Teleservices, with presence in 20 circles and a subscriber base touching 18 million by the end of this fiscal, is looking at doubling it every year.

Darryl Green, the CEO of Tata Teleservices, said it has already doubled its marketshare from 5 to 10% in the past one year. Tata Teleservices has been one of the later entrants into the telecom sector and placed its bets on the upcoming CDMA technology, though the adoption has been a wee bit slower when compared to GSM. Mr Green said that CDMA has matured as a technology and claimed that its numerous advantages will give it the edge over GSM in the future. This would be more applicazxble when India’s telecom scenario move into 3G regime and will see higher use of value added services through mobiles.

Tata Teleservices is also geared up for an image makeover. The company plans to move from scheme-based advertising, that it has focussed on the past to technology-based advertising.

“We plan to aggressively focus on our brand image. We want to tell consumers about the CDMA technology. Recently, Trai conducted a study on quality testing and Tata Teleservices emerged as a leader in 12 circles. Also, studies have shown that CDMA phones emit only 1/8th of the electromagnetic radiation that is emitted by GSM phones. Its these aspects that we plan to highlight through our new brand exercise,” added Mr Green.

The company has always adopted the celebrity route to enhance its brand image and it included personalities from the world of cricket and films. Irfan Pathan, Saurav Ganguly, Ajay Devgan and Kajol have been endorsing the brand. While continuing with these brand ambassadors, Tata Tele has no plans of adding any new celebrities.

The Tata Group has already lined up an investment of Rs 36,000 crore for the telecom sector. Tata Teleservices has invested Rs 3,000 crore in the current fiscal. Mr Green said it would continue to invest in setting up the infrastructure as well as making a very strong rural foray.

Link Courtesy: Economic Times.

:D:cheer::whistle::clap1::clap::thumb::clap::unsure:

I feel that Tata will surely meet its target as Tata has the best plans to offer. They have the

cheapest onnet packs (ranging from rs 75 to rs 150 for unlimited calls),

very cheap sms package (rs 50 for 3000 sms local or national).

cheap std plan (rs 1 for std & incoming on roaming, 100 rs package).

Moreover these packages can be taken on any plan.

No other service provider (gsm or cdma) is offering such cheap & flexible plans.

The only thing tata needs to do is to improve their network at some places.

Dear Friend

Please know a fact that now in UP TATA has more coverage than Reliance

They are laying towers continuously.

In TATA call drop Sudden loss of signals

and fake billing is absent . Now they have better plans also

But Remember when the Tata have Better Coverage and Better Network and will Equipped with EVDO in Next 6 Month they will also STart Raising the Rates.

I have Observed this with Idea, Airtel and Now in Reliance.

But truly My company have save more than Rs. 3 lack with Switchover to Reliance Bucket We have 45 Landlines and 40 Mobiles and Our we were Previously using Tata Land line with Idea Mobile and with some BSNL Lines.

Now All My Office have Reliance and all Other Office in Bombay also have Reliance. IN Bombay our Company have 800 Reliance line and Call to all These Line from Land line is Free.

I am Absolutely Happy With Reliance is they only have given us the Benefit to Extend of Rs. 300000 Which Nobody have ever thought. and If they Stop this Plan also Still I should be loyal to company.

loyalty cannot be valued at any cost.. :rofl_200:

and for tata i remember one thing.. when it was offering some scheme.. that even if you are in a busy junction, standing in the middle of the business district, the handset would not show any coverage. kaput network strength.

In my business i need to be available 18 hrs a day, one missed call and i loose business..

so for any change of handset/ service provider more than the brand image what will be looked out for is the capability to deliever.

and as hetal said, i agree with him in toto, every service provider will subsidse as long as he is lacking in numbers as soon as he has numbrs he tries to cut the goose and get hold of all the golden eggs. :confuse:

and for tata i remember one thing.. when it was offering some scheme.. that even if you are in a busy junction, standing in the middle of the business district, the handset would not show any coverage. kaput network strength.

Well, thats not too different from Reliance ....since last few months, people are increasingly complaining that they just cannot get thru to my number! Usually on-net calls get thru ...but from any other cell or landline ...and especially for people calling from Bombay, it has become a major problem (dont know about other cities ...as i dont really get calls from beyond Poona and Bombay) Have tried calling my phone from GSM phones and most of the time (esp. in peak hours), calls just dont get thru. Outgoing SMSes fail quite often too... :)

Add to that, the problem of incorrect (recorded) status messages when the phone is out of coverage/busy/network busy/switched off, etc.

Reliance is no longer reliable!

Edited by raccoon