Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Hutch Helps Customers Select Tariff

Mar 15, 2007

Hutch has launched the concept of simplified tariff sizes, Small, Medium, and Large, to make the process of choosing a relevant tariff plan simple and more accurate.

Hutch will analyze a customer's actual talk time usage, and recommend the best suited plan from Small, Medium, and Large (SML) plans, for prepaid as well as postpaid customers free-of-cost. This is expected to further help customers in choosing the tariff plan best suited to their needs.

According to company sources, the plethora of choices in talk plans offered by telecom service providers has left customers completely confused. Also, people have certain common talking patterns i.e. some people talk less while others talk more. Based on these consumer insights, Hutch has made the process of choosing a tariff plan extremely simple, and developed the concept of SML. This initiative will provide clarity to the customer in choosing the most relevant plan, and maximize their value for money.

To get the best suited plan from SML, Hutch customers need to send a toll free SMS 'SIZE' to 111. For prepaid customers, there will be three denominations of recharge cards (Small, Medium, and Large) with a validity of one month. Customers will get a balanced mix of talk time and call tariffs suited for the three talking patterns. Similarly, there are 3 Talk Plans for Postpaid customers. Postpaid customers can then shift to their preferred plan simply by sending an SMS.

Speaking about the launch of this new concept, Samuel Selvakumar, Operations Director, Hutch, said, "We have observed that most customers are unsure whether they are using the most suitable tariff plan. They also do not know who to consult on the subject. This initiative from Hutch intends to help them take an informed decision."

The new talk plans in three sizes, based on the insight that people have different talk patterns, will also be available to new Hutch customers, who can choose the plan best suited to their needs.

My dear friends I think that now Reliance also must consider to launch this type of concept for its users.

Regards.

RCL will not do the same for obvious reasons - the customer will take the cheapest plan applicable for him after comparisons. This way RCL will lose ARPUs so they will not do the needful at all. They boast of the best technology available but it is used only for their benefit and not the customers' benefit.

Reliance will not Implement such Services

They Believe to in Confusing the users and Earn more

@khs123 & hpnasik

My dear friends you both are correct. I too also think like this. Reliance always wanted to confuse their customers by launching new schemes now and then. Even their CC people don't know about the new schemes.

I think that Reliance is the only operator in India who had launched such a wide range of schemes to confuse their innocent customers. No other operator have such a wide range of schemes with them. This seems to be foolish of Reliance.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

I don't think its fair to blame only Reliance in this regard. Just look at the number of plans Hutch is offering in say Bombay...!!! Havent checked out other operators ...but I wont be surprised if its similar with them. Its a sad fact that most/many people I know just simply dont know/cant understand their tariffs! They just cough up the amount stated in the bill ...or keep recharging if its pre-paid! Im sure these varied and confounding schemes are plays by ALL/MOST operators to milk unwary customers...

well, every operator has been operating to make money first and serve later. I totally agree that so many plans confuse the end-user. But, I also have an opinion that TRAI should come up with tariff comparators/ calculators as soon as they give approval to an operator's plan. After all, it is their duty to look after customer's interest as well as operator's interest. By using the tariff calculators (maybe they can upload the same on their website), any customer should be able to punch-in his usage and see the best tariff plan suitable for him.

Yes I agree.

Surely, theres a need for such tariff compare utility across operators.

However TRAI has already framed regulations wherein operators are required to give estimated monthly billing depending on a preset usage patterns for various usage slabs like 100 mins, 200 mins & so on.

We can find it on companies website for their individual plans. But TRAI should come forward and provide inter-operator comparision facility.

High hopes. Trai will not do that. All operators will cry foul and see to it that this stops. But maybe people can try a third party which offers something similar. Try yourbillbuddy.com. It maybe of use to all. Though not always. Enjoyyyyyy.....

Hi,

I feel generally Reliance give the public no idea about their plans though their website by not updating it regularly. Users other than our forum hardly come to know about the advantages and the new plans. They just carry on with their old frustrating plans due to absence of proper publicity or information. What ever information provided through their web sites are outdated and many of them are not availiable. Web Worlds are the worst places if you go for any kind of information & help. They strait away refuse to co-operate. Customer care many times helpful but not easily accessible to all.

I totally agree that Reliance try confuse their plans and schemes and confuse with all kinds of e-rechages without giving the details in the web page. Why can't they put defenition of all these e - recharges to the public so we can decide which one to recharge.

Recently I went for One year recharge i.e. 699. But the web world fellow says that this e-recharge is no more there but in its place another e-recharge 777 is there with one year validity with more talk time. (anybody has any idea about this e recharge?).

Even PSUs MTNL & BSNL updates their websites regularly and gives information about any new scheme introduced without much delay. Why a private company can't do it?

RCL will not do the same for obvious reasons - the customer will take the cheapest plan applicable for him after comparisons. This way RCL will lose ARPUs so they will not do the needful at all. They boast of the best technology available but it is used only for their benefit and not the customers' benefit.

What makes you think that Hutch has launched this for the benefit of the customer and NOT for maximizing their profits? Hmm? :Contento:

satya vachan linuxguy......every one looks for profit first....service later.... :Contento: